Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sicko
  • 1 Post By Docd187123

Thread: What is the purpose of high amounts of dairy?

dk94 is offline Associate Member

What is the purpose of high amounts of dairy?

I see in a few of the sample diets people have dairy in every meal. What is the purpose of this? Are there appropriate substitutes for people that dont digest dairy very well? I personally take in a lot of calcium and vitamin D in almond milk. Is there other reasons besides the vitamins? I also understand the benefits of casein protein in cottage cheese but i cant really eat that. Milk or creamer in coffee is about all the dairy i can take without being irritated
    Last edited by dk94; 05-19-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I have mixed feelings about it

contains fast burning simple carbs (lactose) - not ideal for most that want to better manage their insulin levels and their blood sugar levels,
    lactose is difficult to digest for some (lactose intolerant) - I'm getting this way
    one cup of milk DOES provide about 8 grams of protein - milk protein is a good source, btw

I would suggest disregarding the USDA's "food pyramid" as it is biased in that it favors agribusiness. Proof is all the carbs it says we need?

When I do drink milk, I stick to the 2% stuff.

but I think to answer your question, that for some when doing a bulking cycle, they will sub milk for water and pick up all the extra calories
    Last edited by Times Roman; 05-19-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    I don't touch dairy milk...had a hand made ice cream cone on Saturday with the family and almost got banished to the couch cuz I was farting deadly sulfur farts every minute or two...I even woke myself up at one point in the night it smelled so bad...ehehehhh...
    BG likes this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I don't touch dairy milk...had a hand made ice cream cone on Saturday with the family and almost got banished to the couch cuz I was farting deadly sulfur farts every minute or two...I even woke myself up at one point in the night it smelled so bad...ehehehhh...
    ya dummy!

that's why you get a dog. So you can blame the dog!!!

hoopdreams92 is offline New Member
    dairy products taste good mayne.

plus dairy protein is a really good source

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dk94 View Post
    I see in a few of the sample diets people have dairy in every meal. What is the purpose of this? Are there appropriate substitutes for people that dont digest dairy very well? I personally take in a lot of calcium and vitamin D in almond milk. Is there other reasons besides the vitamins? I also understand the benefits of casein protein in cottage cheese but i cant really eat that. Milk or creamer in coffee is about all the dairy i can take without being irritated
    Dairy is an excellent source of protein and fats as well as other nutrients. If youre lactose intolerant or don't like the taste of dairy then there's no reason to include it in your diet. On the other hand, if you do enjoy dairy and have no allergies to it then feel free to include as much as you want while staying within your dietary requirements.
    SEOINAGE likes this.

dk94 is offline Associate Member
    thanks for the responses, im trying to refine a good diet and everything on point.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Dairy is an excellent source of protein and fats as well as other nutrients. If youre lactose intolerant or don't like the taste of dairy then there's no reason to include it in your diet. On the other hand, if you do enjoy dairy and have no allergies to it then feel free to include as much as you want while staying within your dietary requirements.
    This sums it up for you.

I've been getting only whole milk for the last 5 years now, works out good for the little kids too, but really hard to fit into my current protocol, but next week I can use it sparingly again.

My favorite is raw milk, had an abundance of it during my last bulk, bulked a bit too much... But like was said, there's no real need or requirement to take in dairy.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ya dummy!

that's why you get a dog. So you can blame the dog!!!
    ehehhhheh...trust me..they were so bad even if I had a dog he would have left the room!!

Thread Information