• 1 Post By cleaner
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By SEOINAGE

Thread: How in the fvck do you do it?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

How in the fvck do you do it?

Keep a very clean long lasting diet?

Within the last 3 weeks, I have ate out crap once. The rest of the time I said I'm not going to since I want to see sub 10%bf this year.

For this, I get looked at as the village ogre. I won't let shit food in the house & I will not go out to eat complete crap or drink.

Wtf - why don't you ever go out? Srsly - how do I make it past this? I don't know anyone fit - they are all out of shape and no one hits the gym.

I wasn't always like this. I got into fitness, juicing and nutrition hard core 3 years ago. No one else that I knew did - just me. My woman lost all of her weight & got in shape. But, she's not on this nowhere near as I am, she lifts about 2x a week & out of all things does not support my diet.

So, umm - how do other people do it? I am okay with going out, but maybe once or twice a month. Anything more will just keep my weight on. My metabolism is not like it was over a decade ago.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Keep a very clean long lasting diet?

Within the last 3 weeks, I have ate out crap once. The rest of the time I said I'm not going to since I want to see sub 10%bf this year.

For this, I get looked at as the village ogre. I won't let shit food in the house & I will not go out to eat complete crap or drink.

Wtf - why don't you ever go out? Srsly - how do I make it past this? I don't know anyone fit - they are all out of shape and no one hits the gym.

I wasn't always like this. I got into fitness, juicing and nutrition hard core 3 years ago. No one else that I knew did - just me. My woman lost all of her weight & got in shape. But, she's not on this nowhere near as I am, she lifts about 2x a week & out of all things does not support my diet.

So, umm - how do other people do it? I am okay with going out, but maybe once or twice a month. Anything more will just keep my weight on. My metabolism is not like it was over a decade ago.
    IMHO, that's you're problem in a nutshell. Why? I have the same one.

It's difficult when two people living under the same roof have different priorities on certain things like money, how to raise kids, and health lifestyles. At least that's been my personal experience.

Walkman13 is offline New Member
    I've found that if I surround myself with people who have the same interests as I do it tends to be easier. Now I'm not saying ditch your friends or your lady, but make it clear to them what your goals are and why you're doing the things yo do. Hopefully that helps them understand and they'll be more supportive.
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    It's is, for all intents and purposes, your problem. One can only change oneself and to a large extent only rely on yourself. If you had a partner/friends who support or are doing the same thing I am sure it is easier but to be honest, this will be an exception. You can also not expect anyone around you to change according to how you eat, not even your partner. Why? Because this is your journey, not theirs. My wife let me at it and simply shake her head most of the time but I have made sure my diet most of the time match hers and my daughters.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    There is a song about this

I got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one of them. (Not calling anyone a bitch but I do not think that was the intent of the song...anyway)

I do not know your financial situation or the definition of "eating out" where you are at. If eating out is McDonalds or BK or such..yeah..not going to be much you can do on that. For me eating out is a steak house, sushi, or a nice buffet that has clean proteins and clean carbs. This usually fits the girl's expectation of getting out of the house ie "you tried with reasonable alternatives". If it is still all about the McDonalds and BK bring your own food and eat it there. If that is an issue to her then see the above song lol.

On a side note after eating out at clean protein and carb places the girl came up and said...we cook better tasting (this stuff) at home. This put her on a buying spree of cooking utensils and it has actually accented my desire to eat clean. I have to say my girl is behind me...she even pins me to "be in on the action" so to speak. She is not into fitness but being asian she is fairly healthy to start with.
    Last edited by Chicagotarsier; 05-18-2014 at 12:11 AM.

cleaner is offline New Member
    I feel the same way... My wife didn't want me doing injections so I showed her the risks of orals and also explained to her that she could help me by learning how to administer them... She wasn't all about it at first but she is cool with it now.. 2nd have a goal I have 3 friends that are on the same understanding as I am and they are the only ones I lift with... We hang out sometimes but most of the time at the gym... I cheat once a week but when I say cheat I get a burger to bump my cals to where they need to be... I lift because I love it and it's a good stress relief.. Sometimes I need motivation but it comes with the territory... Just set a goal when you hit it set it even higher... We will never find our bodies full potential... Just keep doing it and **** the haters... But that's why they sit on the couch and play with the rolls...
    tango02 likes this.

Reiid13 is offline Member
    Hey peeps ain't been on here in a while ......@ Op ... It's very difficult , my girl is one of these people that eats what she wants and never sees weight gain .... I eat what I want and it's another story , nothin worse than my girl asking to go out for a meal or to have sheppards pie midweek and me having to reply with " you know I'm dieting please dont make me feel guilty" .... Hate it man

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Guess I'm lucky. I made up a 3 day low carb, 1 day high carb diet....about 8 days worth so I have 2 rotations( I had the benefit of a d@mn good guy to help me with any questions).
    Anyway, I use the diet for my shopping list and my wife writes generally eats the same as I do. However, there are times she wants sweets or something not on my diet, so I buy it while I'm at the grocery.She eats what she wants and I eat what I have planned...really not a big problem.
    If we go out to eat, I'm familiar enough with my diet to pick something out within my dietary guidelines . My wife totally supports my dietary choices which is also a huge help.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-18-2014 at 03:45 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Have you explained to your wife how important this is to you?? ....and whenever you get a look for being committed to your diet, take pride in it. The reason you get the look may well be because the person giving the look is unhappy with their level of commitment.... just a thought.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hell Ive been trying to talk my wife into just doing part of the Paleo diet and she THINGS we already are. hahahaha Not even close. We are both lucky and can eat a lot of junk without it sticking to us to bad. It takes a lot of abuse for me to start showing and only a short time training and mild diet to shed it for the most part.

Her it's mostly still because of age, early 30s but it will start catching up soon and she knows it.

I would like to get down under 12% though and that will take a little work and willpower on my part and her not buying me chips all the time. lol

Blog Entries
    I guess asking for someone to change with you is the toughest part.

Back in the day when we got together I liked fitness shit. But, not like this - now I am much more into it. But, I suppose one of the main issues is that as I get older, specially being on heavy gear. I gain shit weight so fast, it's insane.

I watch myself real close just to see how my body reacts. Between water retention & feeling crappy from eating complete shit - it's just not worth it to me any more. The one day I did go out, I gained 6 pounds of instant crap. Yet, I lost it in the next following 3 days.

Like mentioned above - what kind of going out are we talking about here? I'm talking your standard issue all you can eat Chinese food, Mexican food restaurants, pizza spots or the like.

I am completely okay with going out 2x a month or so to a classy steak & seafood place. Since I will just order steak & seafood with vegetables in the side. Of course with a few drinks, but oh well - it's only 2x a month.

But, this sit down filler shit is what can go kiss my ass. I still love those kind of shitty spots to eat, but nothing like I used to. There is no nutrition there - I just feel bloated & painful the next day. Yet, again - I am still okay with maybe 1-2x a month.

But, not like this - if I buckled & had no backbone, I would have eaten shit I solid 3x just last week. Hey man, it's a birthday party why do you eat this delicious peter piper cardboard looking pizza - well, it's sucks & it's just not worth my time. Why didn't you wanna go eat before the movies or want a mega popcorn @ the movies? Well, I have eaten there like 100x & movie food is a waste of space & $. Wtf man, why don't you wanna go out for some drinks & pizza?

**** - people just don't give a shit

And it's so continues - today will be just the same. Hey man, we're having a barbecue man - what don't you eat these fat loaded garbage tasting burgers?

**** - I swear

I know I can't expect people to change. But, now seeing it since I'm not a part of it sure explains why I had a 40" waist & spent over a 100 bucks a week on just shitty go out food.

What a waste

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its difficult when my wife comes through the back door with a pizza, bbq, or whatever...at 40, I'm thinking, "well, she spent $$ on that and we don't need to waste it." She's pretty much in charge of meals around here, well, supper anyway. I can absolutely control breakfast, lunch, anything between those two and between lunch and supper. But also, at 40, one meal can wreck everything WAY worse than it seemed to at 30. Its not that she doesn't support my goals, its just that she has other priorities for the rest of the household that includes an 18yr old. Her focus is on everyone's needs, time, budget, etc. Plus, it aggravates her if she brings home something or makes some heavy, down home country meal and here I am putting together boneless/skinless chicken, sweet taters, greens, etc. Two meals, two people trying to use the same stove/kitchen area, more dishes to clean...I understand. Just part of living life with another person and quite honestly, I wouldn't change it for anything.

Blog Entries
    Same here,

It's not like I want to kick her to the curb for just not being a fitness freak like myself.

I just wonder how the more pro guys and women do it. I see them, online only - I never spoke with anyone like that on a personal level in real life.

Seriously, I am the most fit person I see around. There's only about a dozen or so other guys at my LA Fitness who are on my level or slightly above me. Women - shit, lucky to see a handful

It's like the more fit you are the less accepted it is. I get looks like I am from another planet when I say I am going to the gym on Sunday instead of scarfing down 1k cal of pancakes for breakfast.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey man u do what u gotta do for yourself if being in shape is a priority.

personally if people dont like it, i say fvck em!

i just got back from a trip with my dad to visit his family for a week, and these are the types of people who center everything around food. and im talking chips, cookies, fudge, biscuits, fried pork chops, etc.. u name it..

i brought my own food, scale and ate 80% my stuff and 20% their stuff.

u know what? after a week i had still lost a couple pounds and 1/4" on my waist.

the key is eating ur diet the majority of the time, and when u eat high fat/carb foods, eat smaller portions than ud like and finish with ur own food later. ud be surprised, if u can manage to limit how much u eat initially, how satiating that stuff is even with small portions 20minutes after ur done eating.

u can also incorporate IF into those days so if u know u have a party at 2pm, dont eat anything til then. or same if ur going out to dinner. its what i do and ive been cutting for 12 weeks sitting around 10%bf right now.

ive also been running IIFYM and it works just fine. i pretty much still eat "clean" (im beginning to not like that term) but i do eat cereal, bread, sandwiches, dairy, etc..

cals in vs cals out is definitely the most important factor along with getting enuff protein, which is a fair amount less than i originally thought.

Blog Entries
    I agree on all - portions of shitty foods is very important

Same here, same exact thing I do is run a fast- but I feel it's so unnecessary. I rather just not eat the junk to start with.

But, the fitness crowd is small - most people really don't give a fvck. I never knew anyone who was into their fitness when I was fat and didn't give a shit. I don't know how I would have felt about it back then.

Oh well, just ranting mostly - but, it's interesting to see that people do go through the same shit, but just never mention it anywhere.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Best bet is to not let your extreme lifestyle bother your significant other. I mean let her have what she wants around the house, and just deal with it. Don't make them feel bad for eating stuff in front of you etc.

I get offered rolls and pizza and donuts and all kinds of crap at work, people always want to drag down others to make themselves feel better about their mediocrity. My poor wife's friends are constantly hounding her to drink soda or eat some stupid garbage food item as well, but they just keep getting fatter and fatter, all the while wearing revealing clothing yet they don't notice their rolls hang out their clothing worse and worse by the day. Then they are shocked she doesn't want to be the same? lol it's a bit ridiculous.

My hardest part with keep my mouth shut is when I know she is way over her plan in calories, which I don't make for her, I help her, but it's all how she wants to do it, but I have the hardest time when she doesn't get the results she wants to not tell her the exact reason why. The other problem is now she wants to do some of the things I do that are kind of extreme, like my priming protocol is extremely ridiculous, and she will follow along, I think it is fine, it has some benefits for her as well, but her expectations are different about what it is for. I mean I can drop 20 lbs of water weight fast, and she doesn't get to experience that and doesn't look at it properly. Anyways didn't mean to diverge so much there, but got to keep the other person comfortable.

Like you said, I am about the only one here who cares about this stuff as far as men go. Most men think doing that stuff isn't manly, and apparently yesterday I got a rude awakening that everyone thinks the only way to get stronger is to take steroids , and none of these guys have ever touched a barbell in their lives, really annoying considering i was over 345 on the bench press with low testosterone because of the years I put in, granted I didn't look like a bodybuilder because of a number of things.

Most men here think if you wear shorts you aren't a man either. You should see the stares I get when I go on a walk with my shirt off because it is the only time I have to tan, these guys look at me like I am some kind of alien, granted they are all hicks and oil field guys and wrangler wearing cowboy boot whatever.

You should hear the comments I get from my 300 lb coworkers about my face getting fatter and that I'm not losing weight.... Or that my diet is a fad....... Nothing faddish about my scientific approach.

And of course their are tons of women here going to the rec center doing the classes, spending hours on the treadmills, and they always look the same year in and out, or they just balloon up. Get their salad at subway then pour gallons of ranch on it.

No real way to surround yourself with people of the same interests around here, so i could understand you there. Just the price you pay for being different.

i could go on all night cause I am bored, but daughter wants something. GL
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Too funny, all of "us" feel so similar

It's like fitness cult that doesn't really exist

All in all this is kind of surprising, sort of. We like when people look good. Men like fit women & women prefer fit men. But, then there's reality

Even without sauce back in the day people asked me a ton of fitness related shit.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Too funny, all of "us" feel so similar

It's like fitness cult that doesn't really exist

All in all this is kind of surprising, sort of. We like when people look good. Men like fit women & women prefer fit men. But, then there's reality

Even without sauce back in the day people asked me a ton of fitness related shit.
    Yeah but then that opens up a whole lot more of annoyingness. When they ask but don't care to hear the truth from you, so I try to avoid throwing pearls before swine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Yeah but then that opens up a whole lot more of annoyingness.

This 100% truth

They ask, sometimes I fell like talking so I break it down a little. So far, I have not seen one person other than my woman follow anything I have said

Thread Information