Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member

Protein, are you doing it wrong?

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky...see the raw eggs in the blender and ingesting a dozen all at once....raw.

Science or Bro Science?

Answer: Bro Science

Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques

Cooked egg white is almost twice as absorbant and used as raw egg white.

In a nutshell they took egg protein and added a radioactive isotope and traced it via breath and digestion. 90% digestible via cooked and 50% via raw. Figure 2 says it all. During the first two hours MAJOR expulsion of the protein that is uncooked almost as if the body finds it "not good for it". From 1 hour in till 6 hours we are talking twice as good to have cooked over uncooked. Does this apply to protein powder? I doubt the protein powder market would allow that analysis out and pay to keep it hidden.

EAT COOKED EGGS & EGG WHITES!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I dont think this would apply to protein powder. The pasteurization process would IMO be considered similar to "cooking" the milk.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    This is really old news. But isn't justification to not consume raw eggs. Why not? if it is fast and easy and you like it? I rarely eat eggs at all anymore, but man I loved as a kid making home made eggnog, slurping down that little bit of sliminess cause you shake it rather than blend was always nice, with the cinnamon flavor to it. Only bad part is as a kid our milk was 1%, and rarely had cream around, so it never was as good as it could be.

So I mean sure you'll likely get more out of your cooked eggs, but unless you are struggling to get enough calories or protein in, is that really a huge concern?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    yep. old news.

say hello to my little friend.....

........salmonella

(cook the eggs mate!)

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    REALLY old news.

But thanks for knowledge for those that didn't know.

Cartoned egg whites that are liquid can be considered 'cooked' in terms of bioavailability.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    REALLY old news.

But thanks for knowledge for those that didn't know.

Cartoned egg whites that are liquid can be considered 'cooked' in terms of bioavailability.
    I'm sure they are irradiated as well. If so, then pretty much safe to eat out of the carton

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hate eggs... but thanks for sharing. I saw this a while back, but many people still dont know about this, because I bring it up sometimes.. one guy looked like he was gonna cry... said "I coulda been eating them cooked all this time like i like to? " poor fellow lol he assumed he was getting more out of it by drinking them...

Getlean007 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier
    Rocky, Rocky, Rocky...see the raw eggs in the blender and ingesting a dozen all at once....raw. Science or Bro Science? Answer: Bro Science Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques Cooked egg white is almost twice as absorbant and used as raw egg white. In a nutshell they took egg protein and added a radioactive isotope and traced it via breath and digestion. 90% digestible via cooked and 50% via raw. Figure 2 says it all. During the first two hours MAJOR expulsion of the protein that is uncooked almost as if the body finds it "not good for it". From 1 hour in till 6 hours we are talking twice as good to have cooked over uncooked. Does this apply to protein powder? I doubt the protein powder market would allow that analysis out and pay to keep it hidden. EAT COOKED EGGS & EGG WHITES!!!!!
    If Did this back in my day

Thread Information