mcmanus1806 is offline New Member

My First cutting Diet (Ideas?)

I have always been a bulker, I was and still am a skinny guy. but recently have been tempted into cutting to try and give my full body a shock. I started about 2 weeks ago, and ive lost around 6lbs (but im not sure if its body fat or muscle, here is my daily diet, which i stick to 100%

(Easy cardio - 200kcal burned over 40min period) every morning

meal 1
    2 slices of pineapple
    60g oats 140g milk
    protein shake water
    vitiman b tab

Meal 2
    Tin of tuna with light mayonnaise
    Raw Broccoli
    Raw spinach
    Sweet potatoe

Meal 3
    Tin of Tuna with Light mayo
    Raw broccoli
    Raw spinach

PREW
    Coffee
    BCAA (during workout)

POSTW
    BCAA
    Protein shake with water
    1hour after

Meal 6
    1 tin of tuna with light mayo
    Raw broccoli
    Raw spinach
    Sweet potatoe

Meal 7
    Tin of Tuna
    Raw broccoli
    Raw spinach

Meal 8
    Half tub of cottage cheese
    Half tub of greek yog

Overall
    2371 kcal
    289 protein (g)
    196 carbs (g)

Only thing I find bad is I bought a pretty shitty whey protein, I bought that mutant mass stuff so.

I am losing weight, but dont really seem to be losing much body fat, im not 100% sure though :/ i guess il just have to keep pushing for another few weeks

I have a very fast metabolism which is why the calories are still pretty high.
    I do have a cheat meal on either sat or sun to keep myself alive haha!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	150613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	150614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	150615
    What body fat % would you say i am? thanks

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking good. Little cutting and you can look even better, luckily you are already pretty lean so it won't take you ages.

I always discount the initial weight to water weight. It has only been two weeks, without an extreme deficit you wouldn't lose 6 lbs of muscle or fat. You need to take this into account especially when finishing a diet. It is different for everyone and their protocol, for instance dropping the carbs more usually results in more water loss, or even bigger deficits will do the same.

A lot of people think they are losing muscle, when sure the muscles will be smaller looking, but they are depleted and lack fullness due to water loss, they will even possibly perform worse, but it usually comes back quickly when calories are increased or if they do have replenishment meals periods etc. Nothing wrong with this, people just need to not freak out about it, and automatically assume they are losing gains.

Thanks Seoinage, yeah my perfomance in the gym has declined pretty bad, im just not as strong as i was before, but my friend said that it would happen due to lack of energy and other things. I train intensly pretty much every day, rest day sunday, and train abs everyday (as my friend says its ok and he has awesome abs so il just go by that for now.

Im trying to keep my carbs high as i hear this is the biggest way you loose muscle or size is too little carbs, and my 3 carb meals are still allowing me to loose weight, so im happy to keep eating them until i stop losing fat

Ive just ordered a body fat % calculator, but its an electronic one, only £5 from ebay, just looking for some rough estimates Thanks for your help!

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    I'll guess you to be around 12-14%.

Diet looks well thought out. Its a little much Tuna for my taste, but to each his own. Good luck.

Thread Information