Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Dexa scan results . . . not happy

Imperator is offline Junior Member

Dexa scan results . . . not happy

Hi everyone.
    Stats
    6'1

I assumed i was at around 20-22% bf. Based on pictures of others plus what my friends said.

I did the dexa scan and it says i am at 33% bodyfat. I know its common for people to underestimate their bodyfat but damn thats 13% higher than my friends and i would have thought.

Is it possible that the dexa scan could be wrong? I am starting to show vascularity on my arms, chest and i thought that high bodyfat percentages dont show that.

Thank you

V-ROID is offline Member
    I have no personal experience with DEXA scanning but I think I remember reading that they can be a few percent off if you are holding a lot of water. Would like to try it myself. How much does it cost?

Imperator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VEGAN-O-ROID View Post
    I have no personal experience with DEXA scanning but I think I remember reading that they can be a few percent off if you are holding a lot of water. Would like to try it myself. How much does it cost?
    It costs $70 the first time but every time after that it is $50. At least that is what it costs in my area.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    in my quest for a formula for body fat calculation, I recently performed the US Army version, where they take your neck size, waist size, height, weight, that sort of thing, and I came out at 16.6% ??

...good news is they say I qualify to join the Army.

(they don't know my age)
    thisAngelBites likes this.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Dexa can be off significantly. Post up a full body pic if you feel so inclined, and we should be able to easily tell if you are closer to 20% or 30%. I know tons of people in real life, that are way off on their bf estimates, guys saying htey are 10% that are more like 20% and so on. Along with the general population having no idea they are in the mid 20s or higher, yet think they have a health body fat level. I wouldn't just trust your friends opinions on it, nor your own, I didn't have a strong grasp of this either, and was shocked at results, yet they were close enough to being on that I knew what I needed to do.

Thread Information