< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

Intermittent Fasting Schedule

I been playing around with intermittent fasting for a bit now. Seems to work quite well - I run it on a 19-20 hour fasting window.

But, I still don't know how to transition regular days into the week. How many days a week should be fasted? Then, what's the best way to go about the regular days?

Just trying to get the best out of it & I still have like a good dozen Lbs. of shit weight left to drop.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    If you really want to take fasting to a new level you can do what I did. 36 hour fast, 12 hour food window, and repeat.

You can do the 8 hour if feeding window. Or something like alternating days of 500 calories no carbs, eat in evening, then next day normal. Lots of ways you can do it.

My preference is to do fasted liss and fast after 5-8 hours. If calories are kept low do some HIIT that day too.

I just make sure to get some carbs or refeed in before weight lifting, unless I am really hell bent on losing weight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    If you really want to take fasting to a new level you can do what I did. 36 hour fast, 12 hour food window, and repeat.

That seems a little extreme. . . lol

Mine right now looks like this. Fasted cardio(just walking for 45 minutes) from 8 to 9. Eat from 10 to 1 or 2 - then repeat.

I'm thinking of doing this like 4-5x a week. On the normal days do the same really, just eat small meals throughout the day after 2.

Single digits are close this year for sure, even a gyno flare up isn't slowing me down much

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, too extreme to do for much longer than 2-3 weeks at a time.

I don't want to reveal too much about my next protocol I'm hoping to start in a couple weeks. But will incorporate fasted cardio with fasting after, low calories plus high intensity work, some variation of this with slightly different calorie loads, but hitting this day every other day. It will be a recomp, but waiting till body fat is sufficiently low enough as I will be bringing tren into it.

Just deadlifted 355x15 tonight, all dead stops and resets just to help build starting strength from floor. My insane portion of my diet ended saturday, didn't expect to feel this good so soon. I mean I was falling over just walking friday night.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, without juice this shit is not possible.

It's been a rough week running letro for this gyno BS. Plus I am running IF along with EC & slight cal deficit.

I am still losing fat for sure, yet still gaining a tad bit of muscle.

No crazy high gear either, just prop at 70mg & tren ace at 80mg EOD along with sDrol. Running the sDrol at 10-20mg per day. 10 on off days & throwing in another 10mg preworkout on lifting days.

Strength is right as it was before

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I been playing around with intermittent fasting for a bit now. Seems to work quite well - I run it on a 19-20 hour fasting window.

But, I still don't know how to transition regular days into the week. How many days a week should be fasted? Then, what's the best way to go about the regular days?

Just trying to get the best out of it & I still have like a good dozen Lbs. of shit weight left to drop.
    What do you mean how do you transition to regular days? If you want to do IF, it's a day in day out thing. Otherwise it becomes something else if you're not fasting and eating in your window every day.

You might notice some improvement in progress if you lean away from fasted cardio. The benefits are grossly overstated in all populations except untrained newbs.

Good luck in your quest Samson!

Blog Entries
    I don't think If should be used 7x a week. From what I can tell like anything else, it will lose its powers pretty quickly.

We'll see - I have a bit more weight to drop & my morning cardio is more of a leisure thing than a tool to lose weight.

It just seems to get harder & harder as I shed more fat. From what I figure it's like this; if I drop a pound, the next pound will require 2x the work to drop & so on

Seems quite accurate, since we just don't see many sub 10% guys walking around.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    If i were u id just worry about total cals with adequate protein. Stagger carbs a bit between training and non training days.

If ur not losing fat its because ur eating too much food.

Its that simple.

I semi fast from bedtime (usually 10ish ) until pwo (around 130pm ) except i drink coffee with creamer. I do it mainly to manage hunger though. ☺

Blog Entries
    Oh, I'm still losing weight

Just trying to keep it going

I'm back to where I was last year, fat wise. But, weighing in 10 pounds more.

So, I approximate about 10 pounds to go to measurements that I want to see.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I don't think If should be used 7x a week. From what I can tell like anything else, it will lose its powers pretty quickly.

We'll see - I have a bit more weight to drop & my morning cardio is more of a leisure thing than a tool to lose weight.

It just seems to get harder & harder as I shed more fat. From what I figure it's like this; if I drop a pound, the next pound will require 2x the work to drop & so on

Seems quite accurate, since we just don't see many sub 10% guys walking around.
    IF has no metabolic powers over any other type of sane dieting. There's nothing to lose by not doing it as prescribed by Martin. You really wouldn't be doing IF if you don't do it everyday, it would be a hybrid diet.

Your body fights you the leaner you get. It doesn't want to be sub 10% all the time since fat stores ensure survival in times of famine. That's the way it's programmed through evolution.

Weight loss works on a continuum. What you do this week maybe plenty for several weeks to come. It may not. It depends on how aggressively you started and how much your hormones fight you, how lean you are, etc. If you're having trouble losing the last few pounds maybe try what 405 suggested and concentrate on protein and calories instead of following a specific type of diet. Best of luck Samson.

Thread Information