Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SEOINAGE
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: red meat and whole eggs when cutting ?

flyguy6661 is offline Member

red meat and whole eggs when cutting ?

so im on a cutting diet, low carbs high proteins and about 40g fats a day or so. im eating 10 eggs a day, 3 of them being whole, would i benefit from cutting the yolks at night ? just made an omlet with 4 whites and 1 whole, do i cut the yolk or keep them in ? this is a pretty strict cut and trying to do it in the quikest time possible !

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing unhealthy about eggs or red meat. So if if it still fits into your macros then what's the problem? You can get lean beef that is basically superior to chicken in every way plus fat content is on par.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Why don't yo back to your other nutrition thread and answer the questions in it?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

flyguy6661 is offline Member
    alrite clever clogs ^^^ this isnt the exact same as my last post anyway ! question being ?

Revisit the thread and see.

In the meantime tell us your reasoning for cutting yolks at night time?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    red meat and eggs are both heavily laden with calorie dense fat.

switch to egg whites instead of whole eggs.
    switch to chicken instead of red meat.

this way, you will get to eat a lot more, stay within your macros, but you need to eat the two food items you mentioned sparingly if you want a successful cutting cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    red meat and eggs are both heavily laden with calorie dense fat.

switch to egg whites instead of whole eggs.
    switch to chicken instead of red meat.

this way, you will get to eat a lot more, stay within your macros, but you need to eat the two food items you mentioned sparingly if you want a successful cutting cycle.
    You can get lean beef that is basically on par with total protein and fat content of chicken breast. Anecdotal evidence suggests lean beef is superior not only in building muscle but during fat loss phases, and this coming from secrets of top trainers experiences with clients etc. No way to prove it, but might as well take advantage. So much obsession with chicken breast, it doesn't have to be that way.
    Sabina likes this.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy6661 View Post
    so im on a cutting diet, low carbs high proteins and about 40g fats a day or so. im eating 10 eggs a day, 3 of them being whole, would i benefit from cutting the yolks at night ? just made an omlet with 4 whites and 1 whole, do i cut the yolk or keep them in ? this is a pretty strict cut and trying to do it in the quikest time possible !
    40g fat per day or so??

what are ur current macros supposed to total? thats how u answer ur own question.

arent u the same guy who started a thread asking if ephedrine made ur little wee wee smaller??

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    You can get lean beef that is basically on par with total protein and fat content of chicken breast. Anecdotal evidence suggests lean beef is superior not only in building muscle but during fat loss phases, and this coming from secrets of top trainers experiences with clients etc. No way to prove it, but might as well take advantage. So much obsession with chicken breast, it doesn't have to be that way.
    I'll let you decide.

Meal 7 is one ounce of chicken breast.
    Meal 8 is one ounce of lean beef steak

I don't know mate. The chicken looks to me like it is less calorie dense. Which means the beef contains more fat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summary.PNG 
Views:	68 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	151041

Name:	7.PNG 
Views:	130 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	151042

Name:	8.PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	151043

96/4 ground is almost on par with breast. 93/7 is within two grams I believe when dealing with 30 grams of protein of each, and if cooked well stays pretty juicy. Even still, I think people would be surprised at their results including more beef over chicken in their diets. It does seem like I can come up with more things to cook with chicken for varieties sake, and unique flavors, but doesn't chicken get old to most of you?

Problem is, the OP has no real idea. He's been asked for macro's on other threads and never returns to answer. He is more worried about his cock retreating into his body from the cocktail of drugs that most people use to hide poor nutrition.

Come on OP, prove me wrong. Stats and current cutting macro's?
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'll let you decide.

Meal 7 is one ounce of chicken breast.
    Meal 8 is one ounce of lean beef steak

I don't know mate. The chicken looks to me like it is less calorie dense. Which means the beef contains more fat.

Name:	Summary.PNG 
Views:	68 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	151041

Name:	7.PNG 
Views:	130 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	151042

Name:	8.PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	151043
    96/4 ground is almost on par with breast. 93/7 is within two grams I believe when dealing with 30 grams of protein of each, and if cooked well stays pretty juicy. Even still, I think people would be surprised at their results including more beef over chicken in their diets. It does seem like I can come up with more things to cook with chicken for varieties sake, and unique flavors, but doesn't chicken get old to most of you?
    heres MFP's macros (cals, carbs, fat, protein) for one pound of each chicken breast and 96/4 beef (of which i eat 5-10 lbs per week)

Raw, Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast, 16 ounces 480 0 6 104
    Lauras Lean Ground Beef - Ground Beef 96%, 16 oz 560 0 18 92

on a diet allowing 40g fat+ u can get away with eating a pound of beef everyday without running into too much trouble provided the rest of ur food choices are decent. ive been on as low as 30g fat per day and still managed to fit 12-16oz beef into my diet.

i love beef and prefer it to chicken breast. i often make burgers with fat free cheese on them and sauteed onion as well as taco beef which i mix with a pound of fat free refried beans for a very hearty meal.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    heres MFP's macros (cals, carbs, fat, protein) for one pound of each chicken breast and 96/4 beef (of which i eat 5-10 lbs per week)

Raw, Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast, 16 ounces 480 0 6 104
    Lauras Lean Ground Beef - Ground Beef 96%, 16 oz 560 0 18 92

on a diet allowing 40g fat+ u can get away with eating a pound of beef everyday without running into too much trouble provided the rest of ur food choices are decent. ive been on as low as 30g fat per day and still managed to fit 12-16oz beef into my diet.

i love beef and prefer it to chicken breast. i often make burgers with fat free cheese on them and sauteed onion as well as taco beef which i mix with a pound of fat free refried beans for a very hearty meal.
    the chicken I eat is from Costco, and is out of a can with no fat% - I picked that one for a reason, as I always seem to blow my fat macros

that's still almost twice the fat of chicken. - if you stay within your macros, then no big deal. but as I mentioned to 405, staying within my fat macros is really a challenge for me

Maybe my sources for macros in chicken breast were off, because I was getting 4g of fat for every 30 g of protein. not 6g of fat for 104g of protein. That is a decent difference. But yeah, I love beef. I do things a bit different from most, but lately to keep my protein high and calories low enough I have had to bring the fat a lot lower than I was used to. getting more carbs in for instance even on my low calorie lower carb days requires keeping fat more in check. My wife likes chicken a lot, so inevitably I'll be eating a good amount of it. But I try to convince her to use beef when I can.

edit: I should add we trim our chicken even more after we get it, remove any of the visible fat etc, so maybe those macros I was getting was for untrimmed, and you guys get yours already trimmed. Either way after trimming i guess it would be less fat than stated, something worth keeping in mind I didn't bother with before. Have to tell the wife since she is religious with counting her macros right now.
    Last edited by SEOINAGE; 06-05-2014 at 11:39 AM.

^^one thing ive noticed as of late with regards to chicken breast. my packs say "breast with rib meat" and i dont think MFP's macros are for this type of chicken. anyone else noticed this?

Thread Information