Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Eating for ur blood type

Schmicc is offline Junior Member

Eating for ur blood type

What's everyone's opinion on the whole eating for ur blood type deal? Thoughts and opinions? The guy that did my diet believes in it.

JDP88 is offline Junior Member
    honestly, ive never heard that before, im not saying theres no logic or science behind it but isnt that almost liked saying "your white so dont eat chicken"..? im not saying theres not more to it, but i think nutrition is case by case and works off of fats protein carbs amino acids etc...

i guess im curious how would one eat for their blood type? im O for instance...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    well, blood types have evolved around geographical areas over the millennia...

...not sure how a diet could be designed around a blood type?

Are there any clinical studies on this, or is your guy that did your diet puffing himself up to look smart?

Schmicc is offline Junior Member
    There's a few books on it. I'm O so apparently I respond better to less carbs and more red meat as we have a high acidity in our stomach. I've not read the book but I might get it to check it out. My guy knows his shit he is one of Australia's most accomplished body builders and has a hell of a lot of clients and does all there diets around this blood type book he's got. I haven't really looked into it yet I'm just doin as I'm told at the moment.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    well, blood types have evolved around geographical areas over the millennia...

...not sure how a diet could be designed around a blood type?

Are there any clinical studies on this, or is your guy that did your diet puffing himself up to look smart?
    I'm sure the thinking is along the lines of what you said about blood types developing in different geographical areas, hence with different indigenous food sources which they have evolved to eat. No idea if there is any scientific evidence for that sort of thing. I mean, no one evolved to eat triscuits, did they? The human diet is pretty adaptable, but I expect they are making an argument for optimisation based on evolutionary diet.

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    I'm sure the thinking is along the lines of what you said about blood types developing in different geographical areas, hence with different indigenous food sources which they have evolved to eat. No idea if there is any scientific evidence for that sort of thing. I mean, no one evolved to eat triscuits, did they? The human diet is pretty adaptable, but I expect they are making an argument for optimisation based on evolutionary diet.
    agree. sounds like Bro' Science to me...
    ...unless someone can throw up a link to an authoritative source?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From D'Adamo's book Eating for Your Blood Type:

Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based onfruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

Type B blood: Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Chicken is also problematic, D'Adamo says. He encourages eating green vegetables, eggs, certain meats, and low-fat dairy.

Type AB blood: Foods to focus on include tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables. He says people with type AB blood tend to have low stomach acid. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Always thought overall it sounds like a poor criteria to base your diet upon. Not enough evidence to go and have such a restricted diet.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Always thought overall it sounds like a poor criteria to base your diet upon. Not enough evidence to go and have such a restricted diet.
    Yeah I agree. I'm not sure what if any true research this is based on. I haven't read the book but had a couple of guys here at work try the program for a couple of months. They all went back to their normal diets.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    With my time directing people in the military I can tell you it is obvious there is something VERY different with O type from other types. I have seen O types excel at low to no calories where all other types failed horribly. Also seen them blow up like a balloon when eating over maintenance. I say this from experience (everyone in my groups had to know their blood swap partners). I would say yes there is definately something to it when it comes to O type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmicc View Post
    There's a few books on it. I'm O so apparently I respond better to less carbs and more red meat as we have a high acidity in our stomach. I've not read the book but I might get it to check it out. My guy knows his shit he is one of Australia's most accomplished body builders and has a hell of a lot of clients and does all there diets around this blood type book he's got. I haven't really looked into it yet I'm just doin as I'm told at the moment.

JDP88 is offline Junior Member
    i have O- blood type. i guess anyone can use my blood, the blood bank calls all the time for me to donate... anyways, i literally shut down when i dont have carbs for a few days. i get very cranky and tired. its rather hard for me to loose "good" amounts of weight, but i can put it on very easily. The only way i can loose weight at a decent speed is to cut carbs out almost 100%... which isnt fun at all.

so i guess that enforces what chicagoXXXX just mentioned, unless anybody else is like that..? maybe its all "bro science", who knows...

I'm type A and so therefore I should avoid meat?

here, let me put that highly valuable information in a safe place...........

Bo58 likes this.

I'm type A+ and eat all types of meat. This blood type diet stuff is like just about everything else nowadays.......it's a gimmick to sell a product.

Thread Information