flyguy6661 is offline Member

cooking protein powders fine right ?

so just then before bed i had 3 egg whites mixed with a scoop of casein protein and fried it like a pancake is this fine to do, cooking protein powders doesnt ruin it does it ?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Would never think to cook protein powder. I eat my egg whites raw with a shake when I have a shake.

i see alot of guys making protein pancakes so thought id give it a gom to be fair tasted brilliant was almost like a cheat meal with no carbs or fats ! just 40g good protein

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy6661 View Post
    i see alot of guys making protein pancakes so thought id give it a gom to be fair tasted brilliant was almost like a cheat meal with no carbs or fats ! just 40g good protein
    Interesting. Should be nothing wrong with cooking it. The Anabolic Cookbook has a number of pancake and muffin recipes that all include protein powder as an ingredient.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    there are recipes that involve cooking with protein powder.

check with JimmyInkedUp, I think he is compiling a book of recipes tailored to our crowd that utilizes protein powder as one of the ingredients in some of his recipes.

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Denaturing is the process by which proteins essentially "unfold" and lose biological function. Typically, proteins can withstand a certain temperature before this happens. This nugget of truth has led folks to believe that incorporating protein powders into homemade recipes—such as protein bars, muffins, or other baked food—and cooking them will denature the proteins, rendering them ineffective.

Yes, the protein does get altered from the cooking heat, but the body will absorb the constituent amino acids just the same. The nutritional value remains constant, as well. In this regard, cooking protein powder is no different than cooking a piece of chicken, and who would want to eat raw chicken? You may now let out a sigh of relief and continue your regularly scheduled protein bake session.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    So happy when someone asks about cooking protein powder because that means I can plug my favourite cooking blog :-) This girl from down under have done pretty much everything with protein powder imaginable.

Here is one example: All Recipe Posts | Chocolate Chilli Mango

thats alright then, guess il continue cooking these bad boys, honestly feels like a cheat meal as my casein powder is so dam chocolately !!!!

Thread Information