Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: todays diet, feeling low on energy but powering through !

flyguy6661 is offline Member

todays diet, feeling low on energy but powering through !

so im on a very strict cut at the moment, still eating carbs but fairly low

meal 1: 4 BCAA caps, 30g whey protein isolate & 50g raw oats
    meal 2: 6 egg whites & black espresso
    meal 3: 100g chicken breast, 20g whey protein isolate, 3 heads brocoli & 60g brown basmati rice
    TRAIN (drinking 15g amino's whilst training with 5g creatine)
    meal 4: 25G whey protein isolate, 150g chicken breast & 100g fresh green peas
    meal 4: 200g extra lean topside beef slices
    BED

feeling knackered now and ready to hit the sack ! 5 more week like this and hoping to be about 9% b,f for my holiday so far this diet has been doing me pretty good, varies day to day but is always similar to this, maybe sometimes slightly more carbs & also fats when i have my salmon
    Last edited by flyguy6661; 06-27-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Jdubz219 is offline Junior Member
    dont' let it get you down.. just keep picturing that cheat meal coming up on near future!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate,
    I'm thinking a couple of things about this diet of yours.

Too top heavy with the protein powder, but not a deal killer.
    only 110 grams of slow burning carbs.

I am going to assume that your low energy levels are due to insufficient blood sugar levels due to insufficient carbohydrate consumption? I could be wrong, but you can still cut, lose the weight, and improve body energy levels. You may consider a banana when you initially wake up to give the blood sugar levels a jump start and see how that goes.

How are your macros looking?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Mate,
    I'm thinking a couple of things about this diet of yours.

Too top heavy with the protein powder, but not a deal killer.
    only 110 grams of slow burning carbs.

I am going to assume that your low energy levels are due to insufficient blood sugar levels due to insufficient carbohydrate consumption? I could be wrong, but you can still cut, lose the weight, and improve body energy levels. You may consider a banana when you initially wake up to give the blood sugar levels a jump start and see how that goes.

How are your macros looking?

I've asked him that several times on his previous threads. He ignores it and starts other threads like this. Never gives current stats either.

Protein content looks around 150g per day, another point I've made previously that has also been ignored.

Flyguy we can't help you if you can't help yourself!!!!!!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

sorry back in black if i seemed i wasnt grateful for you helping but been busy recently and to be honest forgot, so you guys saying up my protein slightly with whole foods ?? and yea maybe a banana would be good but would that not slightly slow down the whole fat loss thing due to high sugars ? today for breakfast i had 1 whole egg & 1 egg white, 110g topside extra lean beef, half a tomato, handfull of spinache & 5 mushrooms with a triple black espresso, about to make lunch which will be 150g chicken and 5 heads brocloli, do i throw in 60 grams raw oats as im going to the gym to do abs and cardio ???
    Last edited by flyguy6661; 06-29-2014 at 05:33 AM.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    I went miserably for a few weeks on low carbs trying a cut. Terribly low energy. weight wouldn't move either

Raised my carbs substantially, energy came back and weight started moving.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    I went miserably for a few weeks on low carbs trying a cut. Terribly low energy. weight wouldn't move either

Raised my carbs substantially, energy came back and weight started moving.
    Weight came off with carbs probably bc you were more active and able to go harder in the gym

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy6661 View Post
    sorry back in black if i seemed i wasnt grateful for you helping but been busy recently and to be honest forgot, so you guys saying up my protein slightly with whole foods ?? and yea maybe a banana would be good but would that not slightly slow down the whole fat loss thing due to high sugars ? today for breakfast i had 1 whole egg & 1 egg white, 110g topside extra lean beef, half a tomato, handfull of spinache & 5 mushrooms with a triple black espresso, about to make lunch which will be 150g chicken and 5 heads brocloli, do i throw in 60 grams raw oats as im going to the gym to do abs and cardio ???
    Actually we are saying

What are your stats?

What are the macro's of your diet listed in the first post?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    ^agree. This is what we are looking for from you:

Hi Roman,
    My macros are 36/36/28 yesterday and I consumed 2811 calories where as my TDEE is 2999
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	151623

and here is what my macro averages are for the last 30 days or so:
    35/36/29 with an average caloric intake of 3212

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	151624

And these are the macros per yesterday's meals I've consumed:

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	46 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	151625

Name:	2.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	151626

Name:	3.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	151627

Name:	4.PNG 
Views:	46 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	151628

Name:	5.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	151629

(There was actually a sixth meal comprised of 8oz veggie shake and some salad, but i'll update that later)

So this is the text book answer we are looking for. Of course, your records will probably not be nearly as complete.

And to answer your question, it matters not whether a carb is simple or complex which determines the degree of BF% you lose. Two things occur (there could be more) when you consume simple vs. complex carbs:

1) A simple carb will increase the insulin spike more compared to a complex carb
    2) A simple carb, for me, will be metabolized quicker, and make me feel more hungry, quicker, than a complex carb.

---Roman
    tarmyg likes this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Weight came off with carbs probably bc you were more active and able to go harder in the gym
    Not to steal away from the thread, but it actually made me mad that I was losing weight by eating more. I was like damn I've been suffering for nothing?

Flyguy you ran away from another thread after being asked stats and macro's. No worries, I notice you started another thread though as usual.......
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

not running away man, so is there an app or website i can go on to to do my macros ?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Most macros can be found via Google. Also there is a thread here that has the macros for some foods.

http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...t=#post5777676
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It may take you a bit to work up your macros. It took me several days to work up about 9 days of meals. Once you get started, it does get easier. I really encourage you to plan out your diet in advance. If makes it so much easier to make.adjustments in your caloric intake and also you can take advantage of the experience of other members. There are some very experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful people that have a lot to offer.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Fatsecret dot com

I'm sick of asking for stats. No doubt someone else or all those extra compounds can help.

Best of luck.
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Not to steal away from the thread, but it actually made me mad that I was losing weight by eating more. I was like damn I've been suffering for nothing?
    Is that what's going on with me??? Dammit. 7 days ago, I finally sat down (thanks to TR) and figured out my tdee. First few days, I felt like my stomach was going to explode. I had not been eating enough. Thats why my weight gain stopped. I have hit pretty close to 40%p 40%c 20%f each day. I even upped my cals by 250. I haven't gained a freaking lb. Oh well. Can't turn back now.

Thread Information