davesah1 is offline Member

Question Olive Oil Calorie Count Question.

To all you meticulous diet bro's. How do you count your cals from cooking meat with olive oil?
    If you put 2 tsps on the pan to cook do you add all those calories if you dont use all the oil?
    Should I just measure it and pour the remainder on my chicken breast?
    Lately I've been slacking an eyeballing it to put a very thin coat on the pan and then just take the chicken out with tongs leaving the rest behind.
    Should I just use the spray that somehow says it contains olive oil yet has 0 calories then add the desired amount afterwards?
    What is the most efficient method here? lol

Grilling it is too much for my lazy ass.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    at some point, you have to get out of the laboratory and into the kitchen.

for example, most, if not all the macro charts I've seen, when you eat a banana, the unit of measure is one banana. but we all know bananas come in all different sizes. so what do you do? so you sit there and analyze the average size banana (how would you do that?) and then extrapolate that onto the size banana you are going to eat?

we live in a world of averages, so what I do is assume that 1/2 will be absorbed and 1/2 will stay in the pan. You have to admit, not all of it will be absorbed, and not all of it will stay in the pan. so what do you do? you make an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    at some point, you have to get out of the laboratory and into the kitchen.

for example, most, if not all the macro charts I've seen, when you eat a banana, the unit of measure is one banana. but we all know bananas come in all different sizes. so what do you do? so you sit there and analyze the average size banana (how would you do that?) and then extrapolate that onto the size banana you are going to eat?

we live in a world of averages, so what I do is assume that 1/2 will be absorbed and 1/2 will stay in the pan. You have to admit, not all of it will be absorbed, and not all of it will stay in the pan. so what do you do? you make an assumption.
    That's exactly what I do buddy.
    Was just trying to be more exact because that shit is very calorie dense. If you guesstimate on that 4 times a day you could be eating 400+ more cals than you think a day.
    I might just use the spray from the cans that have 0 calories and add olive oil after cooking to be more exact.
    Not that I'm getting fat, I'm just obsessive. I eat more than 1000 calories above my supposed maintenance calories and am gaining minimal to no weight.
    Roughly 4000+ a day. 350-400 tein 300-350 carbs and 70-100 grams of fat. I'm confused why my weight is stagnant. Going to cut that down real soon after tren is done. Doesn't move past 205lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by davesah1 View Post
    That's exactly what I do buddy.
    Was just trying to be more exact because that shit is very calorie dense. If you guesstimate on that 4 times a day you could be eating 400+ more cals than you think a day.
    I might just use the spray from the cans that have 0 calories and add olive oil after cooking to be more exact.
    Not that I'm getting fat, I'm just obsessive. I eat more than 1000 calories above my supposed maintenance calories and am gaining minimal to no weight.
    Roughly 4000+ a day. 350-400 tein 300-350 carbs and 70-100 grams of fat. I'm confused why my weight is stagnant. Going to cut that down real soon after tren is done. Doesn't move past 205.
    for me, keeping my calories derived from fat below 20% of total calories of what I eat daily is very difficult. I don't think I would intentionally add oil at any time. in fact, my daily fat intake average over the last six weeks is 29% of total caloric intake. I do great in this area until the evening meals. but once I begin to consume red meat, or a variety of other things, my caloric intake from fat/oil shoots through the roof.

Right now, post gym and pre evening meal, I've consumed 1,500 calories, of which only 10% from oil/fat. I BBQ almost all my meat for the evening meal. Have you considered (maybe) a George Foreman grill and use Pam instead of table spoons of olive oil?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	146 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	151698

for me, keeping my calories derived from fat below 20% of total calories of what I eat daily is very difficult. I don't think I would intentionally add oil at any time. in fact, my daily fat intake average over the last six weeks is 29% of total caloric intake. I do great in this area until the evening meals. but once I begin to consume red meat, or a variety of other things, my caloric intake from fat/oil shoots through the roof.

Right now, post gym and pre evening meal, I've consumed 1,500 calories, of which only 10% from oil/fat. I BBQ almost all my meat for the evening meal. Have you considered (maybe) a George Foreman grill and use Pam instead of table spoons of olive oil?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	146 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	151698
    Totally forgot about the good old foreman grill! Got to find where I put that puppy.
    You can track them pretty easily (roughly) with myfitnesspal if you have a smart phone and they have an app and website for the computer as well. they added so many food to their list, brand names and all.
    95% of what I eat is on there.
    They break it down into percents as well and have other somewhat useful built in calculators. Very useful if on the go and dont like writing.

Here I am telling you, and I don't have the foreman grill....

is it only cooking individual portions, or can you cook up enough for three people at the same time?

Here I am telling you, and I don't have the foreman grill....

is it only cooking individual portions, or can you cook up enough for three people at the same time?
    It's the basic one you plug in, and if your potions are large like 12 ounces, best for a single person honestly. It's a bit on the small side.

I might get one anyways. I cook for myself most of the time anyways........

I might get one anyways. I cook for myself most of the time anyways........
    great for winter grilling.

bucs4074 is offline New Member
    Just so you know food labels do not have to be exactly precise companies are given some wiggle room. When a food is under 5 calories it can be labeled as zero. What most companies do that make spray cooking oil is make a bottle a crazy number of servings like 500 or so. By doing this they are able to label a can of olive oil that may be 2000 calories as 0.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    ^^ Try to add one serving from a can of the most famous canola oil spray and see how that goes :-) It is a challenge.

haha yeah guys, its a sham! I sprayed about 1/3 of a can one day and that looked like goddamn oil to me. Yeah the serving size is pretty ridiculous. Just need an efficient way to lube up the fryer.

http://strengthsystems.wordpress.com...d-food-labels/

"That means that in the entire bottle there are 813 total calories from 90 grams of fat. Now you may be wondering why it is they can list it as 0 calories. Phil Kaplan, who runs PhilKaplan.com, has the answer."

"The FDA labeling law says that if there’s less than 1/2 gram of fat in a serving, a food can be labeled “Fat-Free.” The catch is, nobody regulates what the food companies refer to as a serving size.

I guess the ideal situation for the food and beverage industry would be to set the serving size on every product so small it could be considered ‘fat-free.’ Fortunately this tactic has been receiving increased scrutiny over the past couple of years most often with soft drinks and snack foods. "

Nice catch guys.
    Last edited by davesah1; 07-03-2014 at 07:44 AM.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I got a oil mister and just fill it with my oil of choice.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Half a table spoon (about 7grs) is more than enough to use on a non stick pan.

Thread Information