Rickyboy999 is offline New Member

Help!! Can't gain weight after a cut!!!

I'm 43, was 205lbs at 15% b/f, and recently cut to 180 at 10% b/f......Im 5'7". 4 Weeks on, haven't gained a single lb. tripled my carb intake and added 1500 cals a day extra...cut cadio down to 3 times a week HIT - 15 mins per session. I'm getting really worried now.....

10%? Cool. Post a pic. That is my goal. I want to see what it looks like.

You tripled your carb intake, but what does the rest of your diet look like?

Weight training?

Testosterone (after all, you are 43)?

Well I'm slamming in the oats, bannas, having at least 250g protein a day, 100g fat (healthy fat) chicken, beeef mince, cottage cheese, post workout shakes etc.....I will say I am in week of my PCT, used HCG 2500IU*2 for two weeks then Clomid 50mg p/day for 20 days, along with DAA 4.5G a day. I've got about 5 days of the DAA left. (I will say that I was gaining slowly naturally at start of the year)
    Last edited by Rickyboy999; 07-05-2014 at 11:01 AM.

I do not mean to seem blunt, but you are in PCT. It is very unlikely you are going to gain weight while in PCT. Also, you are 43. Testosterone is likely to be low compared to when you were younger.

It is very hard to put on lean weight naturally in your 40s, and pretty much impossible before your natural testosterone levels have recovered, since you are just now in PCT.

Your post sounds like the situation is normal. Nothing over which to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    I do not mean to seem blunt, but you are in PCT. It is very unlikely you are going to gain weight while in PCT. Also, you are 43. Testosterone is likely to be low compared to when you were younger.

It is very hard to put on lean weight naturally in your 40s, and pretty much impossible before your natural testosterone levels have recovered, since you are just now in PCT.

Your post sounds like the situation is normal. Nothing over which to panic.
    You can be as blunt as you like with me bro, I'm a very direct person. :-).....I see what you mean though....will not panic and I will just monitor the situation over the coming weeks.

40s are when many stop using PCT.

40s are when many stop using PCT.
    But a few months ago I was putting weight on naturally.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyboy999 View Post
    But a few months ago I was putting weight on naturally.....
    You have less testosterone at the end of a cycle than you did naturally before your cycle. It takes months to recover. All I am saying is I would not expect to be adding muscle during PCT. It will be a struggle just to hold on to what you already have.

You have less testosterone at the end of a cycle than you did naturally before your cycle. It takes months to recover. All I am saying is I would not expect to be adding muscle during PCT. It will be a struggle just to hold on to what you already have.
    Ok bro. Will keep you updated.

Thread Information