Newguy2087 is offline Junior Member

Herniated disc finally 90% healed. Now I need help with a diet

Quite a while back I posted about my herniated disc injury. Im finally healed enough where I rarley get sore or have any pain. Im back at the gym starting light.

Iv never had a set diet plan, while injured I got slightly depressed, kinda gave up as the pain was so intense, I lost my job, hit a financial hardship. I gained about 40-50lbs from being laid up.
    I need to lose that and then some as iv always been a big strong guy. Iv been looking at trying the Paleo diet as some friends have had great success with it. Anyone else have any input as to where to start? Any pointers.

Any help is appreciated

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Happy to hear you are back from the injury. If you have that much weight to lose any sort of diet plan will be quite helpful. Paleo have worked for me but so have low fat, moderate carb and so on. Paleo however is very easy to stick to (at least for me) and you really do not have to count anything in the beginning. Try it for 3-4 weeks and see if it works. Once you stall (assuming it works) get more detailed and report back here for help.

Good luck!
    ~T

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on recovery. took me 3 months on trt to get my back into good shape. It is not easy.

Calculate your TDEE and use that to shed your weight. It is a fact and you can sware by it. If it doesnt work it is cheating or incorrect calculation in diet.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Calculate your TDEE and use that to shed your weight. It is a fact and you can sware by it. If it doesnt work it is cheating or incorrect calculation in diet.
    Fact? Unless this is just poor english I must ask if you are serious?

Thread Information