Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Cut Cycle Calories

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member

Cut Cycle Calories

What is the lowest you have gone below TDEE consistently without cheat days (using proper substances to protect against muscle catabolism)?

Consider this as a recomp/cut cycle question.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    On the rough....about 500 cal., but I carb cycle. 3 days lower carbs, 1 higher carb day, then lather, rinse, and repeat. Currently, I'm averaging a weight loss of about 1.5-2 lbs./week. Haven't had any problems feeling lethargic, unless I screw up the timing of my pre-lift meal. Once I hit a sticking point, I'll push the higher carb day put to every 7th day or thereabouts.
    I will say my weight loss has accelerated slightly due to lifting in my shop w/o AC. At first I thought it was the loss of fluid via sweating, but I've since changed my mind.
    Chicagotarsier likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    On the rough....about 500 cal., but I carb cycle. 3 days lower carbs, 1 higher carb day, then lather, rinse, and repeat. Currently, I'm averaging a weight loss of about 1.5-2 lbs./week. Haven't had any problems feeling lethargic, unless I screw up the timing of my pre-lift meal. Once I hit a sticking point, I'll push the higher carb day put to every 7th day or thereabouts.
    I will say my weight loss has accelerated slightly due to lifting in my shop w/o AC. At first I thought it was the loss of fluid via sweating, but I've since changed my mind.

Thank you for the reply. I am having issues getting all my calories in to keep me 500 below. It is not due to lack of food but just cannot push them in me without coming back up. Right now at about 900 under with no real negative effects.

Thread Information