nutrition7771 is offline Associate Member

too much protein going to put fat on me when cutting ?

so im 85kg about 13% and on a strict cut
    each day aiming for about 60-100g carbs, 30g fats & 250g protein
    my question is say i consume an extra meal of 50g protein late at night is this a set back when cutting bodyfat or okay to do ?

Sebastia is offline New Member
    You can never have too much protein. A clinical trial was done where an excess of protein did not add any extra fat, so going off that you shouldn't be worried.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    there are other issues besides laying on fat if consuming an extreme amount of protein. But then again, it's hard to eat that much protein. a gram and a half per lb of LBM is a minimum when weight lifting regularly.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastia View Post
    You can never have too much protein. A clinical trial was done where an excess of protein did not add any extra fat, so going off that you shouldn't be worried.
    Mind putting up a source for that trial?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    The words I see are

EXTRA MEAL

If you are at a value of TDEE for your cut (say -500) if you add another meal on top of what you are eating you have to recalculate where you are on TDEE by adding those calories in. People who have issues with too much protein ingestion are a needle in a haystack.

The only true issue I can point a finger at on protein intake is non-animal protein. It's digestive trait is very different than that of animal protein. A person can eat a steak and it is completely consumed and used in a short time if you are at or below maintenance. Powders and plant protein intake digest at a much lower % (not as soulable to the body) and this in turn has you counting "1000" calories from powder and it really only gives you "500". This is primarily due to the form of the protein. WHen you cook meat it karotinizes and the body can absorb that at almost 97% efficiency. Non-karitonized animal protein (eggs, raw fish, raw meat) only absorbs at 30-40% efficiency. The rest goes out the sewer. So that is the only fact that would apply to any percentage of people that was significant.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Chicagotarsier,

Is this a real post?

Thanks
    ~T

Thread Information