Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By oldnsedentary

Thread: Question about eating on cycle

jesse4466 is offline Member

Question about eating on cycle

After getting somewhat frustrated about the correct diet, macros, calories, etc, I'm considering just eating as much as i can daily, as long as it's healthy for the most part, on cycle.

From the vets point of view what are your thoughts on this? I'm currently on 500mg test e week first cycle. I seem to feel the most muscle gain from eating a ton. And none when I only eat a little.

There has been some mixed feedback regarding diet during cycle. I know it depends on goals, but let's assume most want to 'get big'. I know Conseco in his videos says to double your normal calories or double your food intake. Some say eat like crazy as much as you can while others says eat less, but more specific meals. Essential in order to gain you have to eat more, But my question is really, is it ok to just eat until I'm stuffed on each meal asking if it's fairly healthy foods?

The concept of eating a ton has been working for me. I woke up today for the first time on cycle at 220. It's usually around 215 when I wake up, 220 when I go to bed (on cycle). I started around 208. And also still feel pretty lean. I'm also on 4iu HGH, so that may be important as well to mention.

I would prefer at this point to just eat everything in my path and make some serious gains then to side step it or hold back and maybe risk some gains.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Have you calculated your TDEE? Do you know what your maintenance calories are? As a general rule, most recommend 500-800 calories above your TDEE. This is only a general rule. Some guys need more, but at some point, eating excessively can cause you to gain fat and for most of us, that's not the result we strive for. I've eaten as much as 5000 calories a day but found that I was putting on too much fat. Sure, I was gaining quickly, but the thickness wasn't as attractive as slow lean muscle. Then you're stuck cutting, trying to drop the bf you gained without losing the muscle you desire.

TR has some great links to calculating macros and TDEEs based on your own individual stats. You might want to reach out to him or perhaps one of the other members can point you towards the links he's posted.

I believe it was around 2,900-3,000 when I did it pre cycle to calculate. So 3,500 calories is what I had to eat or more to gain weight. I agree , don't want to gain fat by eating incorrectly. But def feel better eating more then eating less. I'll have to crunch out a solid diet at 3500-4000 so I keep gaining but don't go over board. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466 View Post
    feel better eating more then eating less.
    EVERYBODY feels better eating more than eating less! LOL! That's why everybody is so fat! Cutting calories stinks!
    RaginCajun and Rwy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    EVERYBODY feels better eating more than eating less! LOL! That's why everybody is so fat! Cutting calories stinks!
    My problem was always eating less then more. So I am just happy to be eating as much as I am.

Thread Information