Thread: Snacks

Roughneck82 is offline Associate Member

Snacks

I find myself right before bed, having a sweet tooth especially after me and the mrs, have our alone time. What are some good snacks to eat or make when these's times come up?

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a casein protein shake before bed, you can have a scoop of ice cream at the same time and the protein should reduce the sugar effect.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Love my Quest bars.

Net carbs are low and sugars are stevia and/or alcohols.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    just make room in your daily macros for a late night snack, and then you can have what you want. it's when the midnight snack becomes a macro buster is when it can be an issue

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Protein pancakes. Usually make 7 of them and put in the fridge.

Do you guys ever just say f*** it and have a big bowl of ice cream , or order a pizza for yourself? Or do I just need to fight threw it all and stay on point?

Also thanks for the responses going to order some quest bars now and look for a good recipe for pancakes

I don't hold a super strict diet, I am not competing or anything. I was trying to get in good shape for a certain date this summer, I did and now I have freed myself up a bit. A bit of $hit food here and there isn't going to hurt, unless you are precontest or something like that. It is habitually eating like $hit that will make you look like $hit. Enjoy yourself or what's the phucking point, looking good and being miserable is not much better than looking like crap and being miserable. You can still look good and have foods you like in moderation.

Yeah good point, I'm almost 32 and look better and feel better than when I was 25. But when I was 25 I was a strung out drug addict on meth

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Casein protein with banana blended. It's perfect all around for the sweet tooth and muscle building.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I have been freezing premium protein shakes to nibble in the evening if feeling need for snack. 1 serving 160 c/ 30g P/3g F/ 4g C which includes 1g fiber and 1g sugar.

Since frozen, takes some digging with a spoon. I softened in microwave but later noticed a thin foil like lining....no sparks but.....

Thanks for all the ideas. Made some protein cupcakes to try,but will try everyone's ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck82 View Post
    Do you guys ever just say f*** it and have a big bowl of ice cream , or order a pizza for yourself? Or do I just need to fight threw it all and stay on point?
    It's not easy, but my goals are more important. I follow a lot of local competitors and their diets and the ones serious about being on stage, even if it's not for a pro card, just will not cheat on their goals, especially several months pre comp. Now, it's a different story after they've been on stage. Some of them will binge (cookies, cake, pizza, donuts....it's an obesity dream date, lol).

Many of our cravings are purely psychologically. We think we need it. We usually don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck82 View Post
    Also thanks for the responses going to order some quest bars now and look for a good recipe for pancakes
    Quest bars are my favorite. Like I said, sugar sources are not your typical sugars and the high dietary fiber helps with GI health and motility and lowers the total net carbs.

When I travel, I take 2-3 boxes at a time with me.

I have been making my own bars. I use whole oats, mashed bananas, organic no sugar added apple sauce, dried cranberries, and protein powder. They are damn tasty and all natural accept for the cranberries, they have a little sugar added. I think they worked out to 125 cal each, 10-15g protein and the rest carbs, no significant fat. I am going to try freezing some protein shakes like mentioned above, that sounds like a good ice cream alternative.

Just got back from a Sunday cardio 50min 765cals, went straight to vitamin shop and bought vanilla almond, cookies and cream quest bar they are great. Also going to try the protein ice cream from above tonight

Found a protein pumpkin pancake with oats recipe that sounds great

spacemon is offline Junior Member
    I LOVE this for a sweet treat and it super simple. I take a cup of frozen mixed berries (from Costco) and put it in a bowl. Top it with a heaping teaspoon of chia seeds and a packet of Stevia. Let it sit out and thaw for a bit. MONEY. I also make these ahead of time and let them sit in the fridge and take for a snack at work.

Thread Information