WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member

High sugar after intense workouts?

Was watching a bodybuilding video where after lifting the guys went straight to an ice cream shop and ate a ton of non fat frozen yogurt to restore glycogen levels in the muscles. They included protein shakes before hand as well, but does anyone else do this?
    I would have no problem at all loading up on a sugary nonfat snack after every work out. Nooo problem at all...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    us old timers years ago would (sometimes) bring honey bottles to the gym and take little nips all throughout to prevent fade.

the only thing I can tell you is that if that is what you want to do, go for it. But make damn sure you include all that in your macros and you hit your macro targets by the end of the day.

Personally, I'm a banana walking in and a banana when I get home.

It sounds tempting to eat all that sugary shit, but instead better to focus on whole foods, and leave Pandora in her box where she belongs.

just my .02

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    Once a week or less, after a heavy leg or back-workout i like to make me a big pizza or heavy steak dinner and get some ice-cream as a finisher. Ill try and "save" myself for these meals. Like postpone the lunch a bit so i can combine lunch with the pizza postworkout if you know what i mean. Like this my macros wouldnt come off to much at the end of the day. If im on a bulk i wouldnt care to much and just stuff some sugars in if thats what i want to. Sugars isnt that bad if you just dont go bananas whole week around. Most important after workout is to get enough to fill up glycogenstorage and get some protein going!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    wait til you get to be my age. eating a big pizza meal once a week and you will begin to notice bf% creep.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    I eat a pop tart with my protein shake after my lifting sessions for medium and high days, not on low. I carb cycle though.

Replenish glycogen levels. My routine and meal plan was created by one of the best all natural bodybuilders of all time. I was flabbergasted when I saw it on the list, lol.

Blog Entries
    As Milos Sarcev says: Immediate postworkout is the time when you can get away with a murder. haha.

However there are equally sugary food choices that are far healthier than ice cream. Freshly made carrot juice would be my pick.

Thread Information