BigB_44 is offline New Member

ZERO carbs & ZERO protein powder post workout...and its working👍

6'
    295lbs.
    Bf ? (Don't have abs but stomach not protruding)
    I have competed before and train hard, just coming off a 3 yr period where I didn't train at all...Changing rapidly, gotta love muscle memory��

I own my own training business and do a lot of diets, successfully... But always second guess myself with my own, so iI asked a friend(national level bodybuilder) for help...He told me to drink 2 scoops of BCAAs immediately PW...then eat 8oz of tilapia(or any lean protein) with a ton of veggies w/ no carbs(I train at night)...I thought he was crazy but along with my am cardio, bf is melting off me(Tren is helping too)...I've been training seriously for the past 18+ yrs and am old school I guess, I have all my clients drinking whey isolate w/ simple carbs post workout to build muscle...I thought it was necessary but I guess not...any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by BigB_44; 08-06-2014 at 02:23 AM.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    i eat after i work out.. meals vary...

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I do not understand the Subject Line combined with the text? When I read the subject line I was figuring someone was eating butter PW but you seem to eat both carbs and protein. I am confused.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What's your cycle that you started after not training for 3 years?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    6' 295 plus no training for 3 years doesnt sound like u should be running tren right now.

protein powder plus simple caRBS PWO is most definitely NOT a requirement for building muscle.

Cycle is 500mgs Test E/wk and 50mgs Tren EOD plus Arimidex EOD...I have lost alot of bf and gained a lot of muscle in the last 2 months...I have done many many cycles over the last 18yrs or so...I am kinda old school and always thought carbs were essential pwo, but I don't seem to be losing any muscle and actually gaining muscle since starting this(BCAAs and not a shake with whey and carbs)...I don't know how my post was confusing, I just want peoples opinions on zero carbs after training...pretty simple

I trained a little here and there but.nothing substantial...I've been doing this shit a long time I am not new to the game...Always learning tho☺

I'm talking about just BCAAs immediately following workout rather than a protein shake with liquid carbs... I eat an hour later but still no starchy carbs...just seems weird to me

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB_44 View Post
    Cycle is 500mgs Test E/wk and 50mgs Tren EOD plus Arimidex EOD...I have lost alot of bf and gained a lot of muscle in the last 2 months...I have done many many cycles over the last 18yrs or so...I am kinda old school and always thought carbs were essential pwo, but I don't seem to be losing any muscle and actually gaining muscle since starting this(BCAAs and not a shake with whey and carbs)...I don't know how my post was confusing, I just want peoples opinions on zero carbs after training...pretty simple
    Well, you haven't trained for 3 years and started a multi compound cycle so of course you are going to lose fat and gain muscle initially. It's like super newbie gains. Your diet will become much more important when these newbie gains stop and particularly when you come off cycle.

My idea of the best PWO meal is the one you eat before you train. Plenty of carbs and protein that will still be floating around your system when you finish trying. Then go home and eat a proper meal when you are done. Including carbs.

Your friend is at another lever where minor details count. You aren't.

Too much focus on supplementation perpetuated by the supplement companies.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

skaz915 is offline Member
    It all goes back to calories in vs calories out. Sure 100 cals of chicken is better than 100 cals of cookies but in the end a calorie is a calorie.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915 View Post
    ---> SNIPP but in the end a calorie is a calorie.
    Mathematically yes but I reality not so much.

Thread Information