jdnj is offline New Member

Getting the diet on point

My goal is to get my weight up around the 150-160 range. My diet has not been on point at all throughout my time of working out, luckily joining this forum had made me realize some of that. This post is just asking for any advice, shake recipies, or even a general eating plan.

I'm 21 years old, 5'8, and my weight is between 138-140.5. I'm working out on a 3 day on/off push/pull/leg schedule and along with that I also participate in ice hockey games/practice. The combination of not being a big eater and lack of knowledge is my general issue.

I was able to do the stickied formula, my calories needed to maintain my weight is 2857.9, so adding on 500 calories puts it a 3358.

I actually just purchased a magic bullet, it seems like I can drink a lot more food then I can eat so if anyone has any recipe ideas for that - I would be so grateful. I'm looking for a new weight gainer to purchase, but besides that I am taking 5 grams of creatine before workouts.

Thanks a lot for reading all this, hope to hear from you guys soon.

-John

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    chances are unless u have a really high metabolism, 2850cals is more than ur maintenance. those formulas are not very good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    chances are unless u have a really high metabolism, 2850cals is more than ur maintenance. those formulas are not very good IMO.
    Yeah my metabolism is crazy high, and I have a very low body fat percentage - when trainers made me hold that machine to show your body fat it wouldn't register anything. So I definitely need to be eating something with some bulk to it.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jdnj View Post
    Yeah my metabolism is crazy high, and I have a very low body fat percentage - when trainers made me hold that machine to show your body fat it wouldn't register anything. So I definitely need to be eating something with some bulk to it.
    post a pic and lets see what ur working with. also im assuming u havent been keeping track of ur current intake? if not, it might be a good idea to do it now for a week, just to see what ur putting in ur body.

u have a calorie tracking app like my fitness pal? if not i suggest starting one up and logging.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdnj View Post
    My goal is to get my weight up around the 150-160 range. My diet has not been on point at all throughout my time of working out, luckily joining this forum had made me realize some of that. This post is just asking for any advice, shake recipies, or even a general eating plan.

I'm 21 years old, 5'8, and my weight is between 138-140.5. I'm working out on a 3 day on/off push/pull/leg schedule and along with that I also participate in ice hockey games/practice. The combination of not being a big eater and lack of knowledge is my general issue.

I was able to do the stickied formula, my calories needed to maintain my weight is 2857.9, so adding on 500 calories puts it a 3358.

I actually just purchased a magic bullet, it seems like I can drink a lot more food then I can eat so if anyone has any recipe ideas for that - I would be so grateful. I'm looking for a new weight gainer to purchase, but besides that I am taking 5 grams of creatine before workouts.

Thanks a lot for reading all this, hope to hear from you guys soon.

-John
    Your TDEE is 2500

you are short and light weight, so your TDEE needs to reflect that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	152539

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Your TDEE is 2500

you are short and light weight, so your TDEE needs to reflect that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	152539
    Wow that's awesome! Thank you.

post a pic and lets see what ur working with. also im assuming u havent been keeping track of ur current intake? if not, it might be a good idea to do it now for a week, just to see what ur putting in ur body.

u have a calorie tracking app like my fitness pal? if not i suggest starting one up and logging.
    I'll post a picture today after my workout!

Thanks again guys

Thread Information