davesah1 is offline Member

I guess Popeye was Right

"Spinach contains high amounts of phytoecdysteroids, including ecdysterone and dehydroepiandrosterone which will act as natural steroids in the human body, and in my opinion ecdysteroids are the best kinds of natural steroids in plants.

One recent rat study found out that the rats fed with spinach powder increased their grip strength by 24% when compared to control group, and what’s more interesting is that the rats fed with spinach had more gripping strength than the group fed with synthetic anabolic steroids. (calling BS on this one)*

The same study then tested ecdysterone with human cell cultures and found out that those natural steroids actually increased the protein synthesis of the cell by 20% while also decreasing the overall protein degradation.

What’s even better about spinach is the fact that it’s a natural nitrate, known to increase nitric oxide levels in the body, so not only is spinach a natural steroid , it’s also a nitric oxide booster that relaxes your blood veins and arteries improving your blood flow.

Spinach is also rich in multiple vitamins and minerals needed for healthy testosterone production."

No more broccoli and kale for this man lol
    Last edited by davesah1; 08-10-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Kozmo is offline Associate Member
    The validity of the entire study is crushed by that one sentence

Dim from cruciferous vegetables are good though

[QUOTE=Kozmo;6912743]The validity of the entire study is crushed by that one sentence

I was reading around and the increased protein synthesis seems to be legitimate along with the nitric oxide increase.

I don't buy the rat study myself.

heres a reference http://www.nhs.uk/news/2008/05May/Pa...gymPopeye.aspx

heres one raving about mustard http://archive.indianexpress.com/new...pinach/856955/

Don't know how you can eat all that mustard without intaking insane amounts of sodium unless they sell salt free mustard. I do love mustard tho.
    Last edited by davesah1; 08-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I just crushed a spinach salad

I try to eat it everyday, try!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    the trap I continue to find myself in is a lack of diversity in the produce department.

I'll put almost any veggie in the blender. Kale and spinach are both great. But i'll use what ever is in the fridge, too....

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    the trap I continue to find myself in is a lack of diversity in the produce department.

I'll put almost any veggie in the blender. Kale and spinach are both great. But i'll use what ever is in the fridge, too....
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    I just crushed a spinach salad

I try to eat it everyday, try!
    I have always neglected my vegetable until a couple of months ago, they really are great. Wish I had been eating them in ample amounts all these years.

Thread Information