Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By --->>405<<---

Thread: Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice

asddsa is offline New Member

Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice

Hello guys, I am new here. I want to use this forum for reference for diet and nutrition, it seems pretty nice. I am confused about my goal. Last year I lost 25-30 kilos for 3 months and now I weigh 65 kilos and 175cm. I want to start something like a lean bulk or to do a body recomp as I am a beginner. So I was reading the important threads here so I want to calculate my calories ( I will start around maintenance) but I in order to calculate them correctly (I know this is a rough estimation and it will be tweaked but I want a good start). So I want to have a rough estimation of my bf so I can put it in the more accurate formula for tdee. Btw, for the activity factor - lifting 4x a week and rest 3 days HIIT cardio and the rest of the day sitting of in front of the computer or sleeping which activity factor does that fit in ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice-1.jpg   Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice-3.jpg   Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice-4.jpg   Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice-9.jpg  

bump

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    13-14%

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    13-14%
    Thanks, would appreciate more opinions btw

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    id put u in the 15% range. maybe a little higher. i wouldnt bother with the calculator. at 65kg = 143lbs and 15%bf leaves u about 121.5lbs lean mass.

at 1.5g pro per pound lean mass ud be at 182g pro. (730cals), 50g fat is 450cals plus 250g carbs (1000cals) = 2180cals (should be plenty for ur weight to start).

just start there and check urself regularly on the same day of the week. after a few weeks u should recognize a trend. then u can adjust.

if u want to drop fat u can reduce ur carbs slowly every week by like 20g. so after the first week ud be at 230g carbs. then 210g the week after that. u can also slowly drop your fat by like 5g at a time, but not as regularly as carbs. (every 2-3 weeks but dont go any lower than 25-30g. take weekly pics, weigh urself every week, take tape measurements of
    chest
    arms
    waist
    quads
    calves

record it all. get myfitness pal to track ur macros.

post up a diet if u want and ill look at it for u. be sure to include total macros.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    id put u in the 15% range. maybe a little higher. i wouldnt bother with the calculator. at 65kg = 143lbs and 15%bf leaves u about 121.5lbs lean mass.

at 1.5g pro per pound lean mass ud be at 182g pro. (730cals), 50g fat is 450cals plus 250g carbs (1000cals) = 2180cals (should be plenty for ur weight to start).

just start there and check urself regularly on the same day of the week. after a few weeks u should recognize a trend. then u can adjust.

if u want to drop fat u can reduce ur carbs slowly every week by like 20g. so after the first week ud be at 230g carbs. then 210g the week after that. u can also slowly drop your fat by like 5g at a time, but not as regularly as carbs. (every 2-3 weeks but dont go any lower than 25-30g. take weekly pics, weigh urself every week, take tape measurements of
    chest
    arms
    waist
    quads
    calves

record it all. get myfitness pal to track ur macros.

post up a diet if u want and ill look at it for u. be sure to include total macros.
    Thanks man. I really do need help and this means a lot. So, I went with the calculator thingy and let's say I start with about 2500 calories - 4x/week wight lifting and 3x HIIT ( the rest 3 days of the week) cardio on rest days. So it is 2500 calories divided into a 40/40/20 ratio - 250p;250c;50f; I know that this amount of protein is highly unnecessary but I don't want to have a big portion of carbs and fats and I just want to point out - as I am a beginner my goal is not just bf drop as it is not above average (Because I think I am not overweight) so i would like a body recomposition building muscle and burning fat- that's why I will start cautiously at my estimated starting point for maintenance - 2500cals. If you think that starting at 2200 as you suggested is way better let me know! So if we are going to take on this with 2500 cals as a start and that training method (lifting 4x; cardio HIIT 20-30mins 3x) you can see the link of a screenshot from myfitnesspal I will have included in the reply - I will have 5 meals a day - in the screenshot in myfp breakfast is meal 1 ; lunch is my PREWORKOUT meal (meal 2); Dinner is my POSTWORKOUT MEAL (meal 3) and the two portions of chicken breasts at the snacks section are meal 4 and meal 5 - 150gr for meal 4 and 150 gr for meal 5 - as you can see the carbs macro is not achieved - it is about 30 grams short - there is a reason for that - I love veggies and everyday I will make 30 grams worth of carbs from veggies and divide them evenly for meal 4 and meal 5. That's my plan - I hope it doesn't suck THAT MUCH . AND DEEP GRATITUDE FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diet.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	152450

^^give it a go if u want man. personally i think its overkill on ur protein, but see how u do. contrary to popular belief, carbs wont make u fat. too many cals will though. the diet u posted up looks fine.

i agree u need to drop fat and add lean mass.

what does ur training look like?

^^give it a go if u want man. personally i think its overkill on ur protein, but see how u do. contrary to popular belief, carbs wont make u fat. too many cals will though. the diet u posted up looks fine.

i agree u need to drop fat and add lean mass.

what does ur training look like?
    Again, thank you very much. I know that eating this amount of protein or -70gr will not make a difference but most videos I have watched and articles I have read say that a good ratio for building lean muscle or just cutting is either 30/50/20 p/c/f or 40/40/20 so I go with 40/40/20 - the other one shouldn't make a difference. Training - HIIT - on the treadmill I pick a speed with which it is hard for me to last more than 30-40 seconds; then I slow jog for about 40 seconds also ( I would rather slow jog than walk because it takes too much time for the treadmill to accelerate to my high-interval speed) That 3 times a week (if you recommend doing more that won't hurt my gains but it will just speed up my simultaneous fat drop I WILL listen and I will do it) So that's for the freakin cardio; weight lifting - some 4x/week split but I think it is not very good; can you recommend a good novice program which makes me train about 4x a week. And one more question - is there a specific training method with which I can just shape my legs and "tone" them ? As you can see they are not overweight (they aren't, right ?) but because I am a former fatty (I was like 100 kilos) form thee excessive amount of cardio they have grown a big strong and big and it bugs the shit out of me because I think that I look like a pear and they are not proportional to my upper body at all. (ALSO- I have some stretched skin here and there because I dropped my kilos extremely fast 3 months - 25-30kilos) So is there anything specific about training your legs to be toned and shaped really nicely without making them bigger because of the weight lifting. Again, deep gratitude and reps for you all the way.

IMO running a split like 40/40/20 has some error in it because if u need 2500cals to maintain, ur body doesnt necessarily need 40% of that (250g) to come from protein. better, IMO, would be basing ur protein intake off LBM. once u do that, u can set ur fat at 50-60g (.4g per pound LBM) and the rest carbs.

watch this starting around 2:00...

personally, if i were u i wouldnt start at 2500cals. u will likely gain weight at that amount of cals and with it fat. u would fare better, IMO, to start lower and slowly increase ur cals as u go.

u and i are both about the same height (175cm/5'9") except i weigh 198lbs and am about 10-12%bf. im eating 250g protein (280g carbs, 50g fat = 2570cals) and maintaining my weight. u and i most certainly have difft protein requirements. ill quit beating the dead horse on the protein now.

as far as programs go, id recommend running a legs/push/pull split. something like this:

LEGS:
    SQUAT 3 SETS 8-12reps

HACK SQUAT 3 SETS 8-12REPS

LEG EXTENSION 3 SETS 8-12REPS

LEG CURLS 3 SETS 8-12REPS

SEATED CALVES 4 SETS 8-12 REPS

ABS 3 SETS 15-20

PUSH:
    SEATED SHOULDER PRESS BB 3 SETS 8-12

FLAT BB BENCH 4 SETS 8-12

INCLINE/DECLINE BENCH 2-3 SETS 8-12

CABLE CROSSOVER 3 SETS 8-12

DB LATERAL RAISE 4 SETS 12-15

TRICEP CABLE ROPE 3 SETS 8-12

SKULLCRUSHER 3 SETS 8-12

ABS 3 SETS 15-20

PULL:
    BB DEAD LIFT 4 SETS 8-12

LAT PULLDOWN 4 SETS 8-12

BB BENT OVER ROW 4 SETS 8-12

REAR DELT CABLE FLY 4 SETS 10-15

STANDING BB CURL 4 SETS 8-12

ABS 3 SETS 15-20

THEN take a day or 2 off and repeat. i can adjust ur rep ranges so one cycle do 8-12 reps and then the next cycle do 3-5 reps for all ur compound movements such as squat, hack squat, dead, bench, shoulder press. on the cycles where ur doing 3-5reps for ur compound lifts, u can do 6-8 for ur accessory- except lateral raises id keep them a bit lighter maybe 10-12 reps.

cardio is def a good thing to do for general cardiovascular health. id encourage u to keep it up at least 2-3times per week. HIIT is good and i do it, but i also do MISS. for ur MISS focus more on cals than duration such as maybe 400cals burned per session. u can adjust this up to 500-600 if necessary as well as increase frequency. i wouldnt do more than 3 HIIT per week and try not to coincide them with leg days.

FROM THE LOOKS OF UR PIC u have a pretty good amount of fat on ur lower half which is why id put u at 15%bf+.. it is also why id recommend u not start out so high in calories, but instead see how u do on 2000-2200. as u drop fat ur legs will get smaller. it is not as easy (i wish it were) to make ur legs "BIG" as u might think it is. also u will become less conscientious of them as they lean out and become more muscular i suspect.

here is a pic of what i look like just to give u one more little bit on the protein thing. 250g is way more than u need dude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice-july16-6.jpg   Can I get a BF estimation please and some advice-july16-8.jpg  

IMO running a split like 40/40/20 has some error in it because if u need 2500cals to maintain, ur body doesnt necessarily need 40% of that (250g) to come from protein. better, IMO, would be basing ur protein intake off LBM. once u do that, u can set ur fat at 50-60g (.4g per pound LBM) and the rest carbs.

watch this starting around 2:00...

personally, if i were u i wouldnt start at 2500cals. u will likely gain weight at that amount of cals and with it fat. u would fare better, IMO, to start lower and slowly increase ur cals as u go.

u and i are both about the same height (175cm/5'9") except i weigh 198lbs and am about 10-12%bf. im eating 250g protein (280g carbs, 50g fat = 2570cals) and maintaining my weight. u and i most certainly have difft protein requirements. ill quit beating the dead horse on the protein now.

as far as programs go, id recommend running a legs/push/pull split. something like this:

LEGS:
    SQUAT 3 SETS 8-12reps

HACK SQUAT 3 SETS 8-12REPS

LEG EXTENSION 3 SETS 8-12REPS

LEG CURLS 3 SETS 8-12REPS

SEATED CALVES 4 SETS 8-12 REPS

ABS 3 SETS 15-20

PUSH:
    SEATED SHOULDER PRESS BB 3 SETS 8-12

FLAT BB BENCH 4 SETS 8-12

INCLINE/DECLINE BENCH 2-3 SETS 8-12

CABLE CROSSOVER 3 SETS 8-12

DB LATERAL RAISE 4 SETS 12-15

TRICEP CABLE ROPE 3 SETS 8-12

SKULLCRUSHER 3 SETS 8-12

ABS 3 SETS 15-20

PULL:
    BB DEAD LIFT 4 SETS 8-12

LAT PULLDOWN 4 SETS 8-12

BB BENT OVER ROW 4 SETS 8-12

REAR DELT CABLE FLY 4 SETS 10-15

STANDING BB CURL 4 SETS 8-12

ABS 3 SETS 15-20

THEN take a day or 2 off and repeat. i can adjust ur rep ranges so one cycle do 8-12 reps and then the next cycle do 3-5 reps for all ur compound movements such as squat, hack squat, dead, bench, shoulder press. on the cycles where ur doing 3-5reps for ur compound lifts, u can do 6-8 for ur accessory- except lateral raises id keep them a bit lighter maybe 10-12 reps.

cardio is def a good thing to do for general cardiovascular health. id encourage u to keep it up at least 2-3times per week. HIIT is good and i do it, but i also do MISS. for ur MISS focus more on cals than duration such as maybe 400cals burned per session. u can adjust this up to 500-600 if necessary as well as increase frequency. i wouldnt do more than 3 HIIT per week and try not to coincide them with leg days.

FROM THE LOOKS OF UR PIC u have a pretty good amount of fat on ur lower half which is why id put u at 15%bf+.. it is also why id recommend u not start out so high in calories, but instead see how u do on 2000-2200. as u drop fat ur legs will get smaller. it is not as easy (i wish it were) to make ur legs "BIG" as u might think it is. also u will become less conscientious of them as they lean out and become more muscular i suspect.

here is a pic of what i look like just to give u one more little bit on the protein thing. 250g is way more than u need dude.
    Gee man, thank you. No one has spend this much time on me like ever (besides my parents lol ). I knew I could get some good advice and help from a pro forum. Beginning to love this lifestyle really. So you are 200lbs and eat 2,5k. I think I am way too far ahead on my calories here LOL (probably because I still have the soul of a food-lover and a fatty despite not being one lol). So let's just give it a go at about 2200. But can it be again 40/40/20 that's 220/220/49-50 ? And if that is not a problem, what will the changes to my diet be - I just lower the amount of everything until I reach 220/220/50 or ? And once I begin this; can you tell me how to monitor and determine if cals need upping or downing; For a clean bulk it is probably easy - shouldn't gain more than a pound or two per month. But for my situation : simultaneous body fat drop and muscle growth - the wait should be the same and the image in the mirror should be changing quite obvious or what ? AGAIN - you don't have a tiny piece of an idea how much you are helping me out provided everything you say is based on your experience and to be honest by the looks of the pics - you have a marvellous physique ( no homo, just admiration !). Btw, if possible, is there a faster way for communication here because I don't have access to my profile yet and things like that, can't PM you or something. Again - the magnitude of my gratitude is highly indescribable and this is the way I am going to change my life and my self-esteem forever.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asddsa View Post
    Btw, if possible, is there a faster way for communication here because I don't have access to my profile yet and things like that, can't PM you or something.
    Just need 25 posts and you are at 6. Just a few Hello's in the New forum and you will almost be all set

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Just need 25 posts and you are at 6. Just a few Hello's in the New forum and you will almost be all set
    Thanks for that. Reps

Gee man, thank you. No one has spend this much time on me like ever (besides my parents lol ). I knew I could get some good advice and help from a pro forum. Beginning to love this lifestyle really. So you are 200lbs and eat 2,5k. I think I am way too far ahead on my calories here LOL (probably because I still have the soul of a food-lover and a fatty despite not being one lol). So let's just give it a go at about 2200. But can it be again 40/40/20 that's 220/220/49-50 ? And if that is not a problem, what will the changes to my diet be - I just lower the amount of everything until I reach 220/220/50 or ?

And once I begin this; can you tell me how to monitor and determine if cals need upping or downing
    re-read post#6 i explain all that in there

For a clean bulk it is probably easy - shouldn't gain more than a pound or two per month. But for my situation : simultaneous body fat drop and muscle growth - the wait should be the same and the image in the mirror should be changing quite obvious or what ?
    thats pretty much ideal (having ur weight stay the same and ur image change). hard to say how u will do as far as response time. depends a lot on how long uve been lifting, if uve been lifting at all, etc.. it doesnt look to me like u have done a lot of lifting (not trying to be mean), which could be a good thing for u in the sense ur response to training should be faster and ur growth better than if u had been training awhile.

AGAIN - you don't have a tiny piece of an idea how much you are helping me out provided everything you say is based on your experience and to be honest by the looks of the pics - you have a marvellous physique ( no homo, just admiration !).

Btw, if possible, is there a faster way for communication here because I don't have access to my profile yet and things like that, can't PM you or something. Again - the magnitude of my gratitude is highly indescribable and this is the way I am going to change my life and my self-esteem forever.
    i dont think there is a need for faster communication as i have given u plenty to start with.

i dont think there is a need for faster communication as i have given u plenty to start with.
    Ok, thank you man. I am going to say hi to everyone here in the newbies section so I can get a profile going on so I can add you on friends. So, bottom line - 2200 cals - 40/40/20 - 220/220/50; Lifting about 4x a week; I need at least 3 times cardio per week and if it is not always HIIT I can even go for more than 3x per week without fear of losing gains provided that I don't do more than 40-50 mins steady state and about 30 HIIT per SESSION. Monitoring - I made a mistype and instead of weight I typed wait but you got the picture but started to explain about response time - I have accepted the fact that good stuff doesn't happen suddenly so I don't care if it takes time ( ...and it will for sure ).; so about monitoring - weight staying the same within the range of 300grams probably but more muscularity and more detailed outlines of the body is going to mean that I am achieving my goal ?. If that's all just give me the green light. Thanks for your time and I hope to be PMing you with my results.

Ok, thank you man. I am going to say hi to everyone here in the newbies section so I can get a profile going on so I can add you on friends. So, bottom line - 2200 cals - 40/40/20 - 220/220/50; Lifting about 4x a week; I need at least 3 times cardio per week and if it is not always HIIT I can even go for more than 3x per week without fear of losing gains provided that I don't do more than 40-50 mins steady state and about 30 HIIT per SESSION. Monitoring - I made a mistype and instead of weight I typed wait but you got the picture but started to explain about response time - I have accepted the fact that good stuff doesn't happen suddenly so I don't care if it takes time ( ...and it will for sure ).; so about monitoring - weight staying the same within a range of fluctuation fo 300 grams probably but more muscularity and more detailed outlines of the body is going to mean that I am achieving my goal ?. If that's all just give me the green light. Thanks for your time and I hope to be PMing you with my results. Oh, and one more thing; don't wanna act like I know something ( because I know nothing) but I have read some articles about mixing carbs and fats preworkout is going to **** up my body fat drop; didn't ask you before because you said my diet looked fine and all but just to be sure

^^^ set ur macros and hit them. thats all u have to do. forget all that other crap..

^^^ set ur macros and hit them. thats all u have to do. forget all that other crap..
    So I just need to drop the amount of the same diet to 220/220/50 and eat like that, shouldn't gain nor lose weight but look more outlined and more muscular and everything I say in the last post is okay and good to go so I presume I have the green light to start ?

So I just need to drop the amount of the same diet to 220/220/50 and eat like that, shouldn't gain nor lose weight but look more outlined and more muscular and everything I say in the last post is okay and good to go so I presume I have the green light to start ?
    revise ur diet to hit the macros. personally id do 180p/260c/50f

impossible to predict what will happen. thats why u track and take pics and measurements to recognize a pattern. if ur making progress u keep things the same until the progress slows. then u make adjustments.
    RaginCajun likes this.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    id put u in the 15% range. maybe a little higher. i wouldnt bother with the calculator. at 65kg = 143lbs and 15%bf leaves u about 121.5lbs lean mass. at 1.5g pro per pound lean mass ud be at 182g pro. (730cals), 50g fat is 450cals plus 250g carbs (1000cals) = 2180cals (should be plenty for ur weight to start). just start there and check urself regularly on the same day of the week. after a few weeks u should recognize a trend. then u can adjust. if u want to drop fat u can reduce ur carbs slowly every week by like 20g. so after the first week ud be at 230g carbs. then 210g the week after that. u can also slowly drop your fat by like 5g at a time, but not as regularly as carbs. (every 2-3 weeks but dont go any lower than 25-30g. take weekly pics, weigh urself every week, take tape measurements of chest arms waist quads calves record it all. get myfitness pal to track ur macros. post up a diet if u want and ill look at it for u. be sure to include total macros.
    Thx for the suggestion on my fitness pal. I started using it today, big help.

revise ur diet to hit the macros. personally id do 180p/260c/50f

impossible to predict what will happen. thats why u track and take pics and measurements to recognize a pattern. if ur making progress u keep things the same until the progress slows. then u make adjustments.
    At how much weight loss should I bump up the grams and with how much ?

At how much weight loss should I bump up the grams and with how much ?
    Dont worry about that right now. Just get started man.
    Take a couple pics on day 1 as well as measurements, and ur weight.

Check it on,the same,day every week. After a few weeks a pattern,should emerge.

Post ur revised diet including macros.

Post ur revised diet including macros.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	80 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	152482

20 grams coming from vegetables - one day 300 grams of brocolli; another day 500 grams of tomatoes and etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	80 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	152482

20 grams coming from vegetables - one day 300 grams of brocolli; another day 500 grams of tomatoes and etc.
    id weigh ur chicken raw. ur havent hit either the macros i suggested, or the macros u suggested??

u need to hit ur macros dude.

are u saying ur getting 20g carbs from veggies in addition to what is on the thing already? why dont u just add them into MFP instead of telling me? thatd put u at
    199p
    244c
    49f

??

id weigh ur chicken raw. ur havent hit either the macros i suggested, or the macros u suggested??

u need to hit ur macros dude.

are u saying ur getting 20g carbs from veggies in addition to what is on the thing already? why dont u just add them into MFP instead of telling me? thatd put u at
    199p
    244c
    49f

??
    It's okay man you just didn't have a good glance at it ;d. Carbs are 199 and protein is 224. About the thing about meat weight: So according to myfitnesspal I am gaining 109 protein from chicken breasts. Checked calorieking and 350 grams of chicken breasts is exactly 109 protein but you said to weigh it raw, so I found raw chicken breasts no skin on calorieking and in order to get again 109 grams of protein I need to weigh 480 grams of RAW chicken breasts and cooked them but there is a difference; 480 grams raw yield 109 protein; 350 grams cooked yield 109 protein too but the amount of fat they yield is different ; 480gr raw 6gr fat ; 350 grams cooked yields 12 fats and I don't know how much fats to plug in and that confuses me because there is going to be an under- or overeating of 6 grams of fats but even that amount matters to a serious guy like myself. Thanks
    Last edited by asddsa; 08-12-2014 at 11:22 AM.

It's okay man you just didn't have a good glance at it ;d. Carbs are 199 and protein is 224. About the thing about meat weight: So according to myfitnesspal I am gaining 109 protein from chicken breasts. Checked calorieking and 350 grams of chicken breasts is exactly 109 protein but you said to weigh it raw, so I found raw chicken breasts no skin on calorieking and in order to get again 109 grams of protein I need to weigh 480 grams of RAW chicken breasts and cooked them but there is a difference; 480 grams raw yield 109 protein; 350 grams cooked yield 109 protein too but the amount of fat they yield is different ; 480gr raw 6gr fat ; 350 grams cooked yields 12 fats and I don't know how much fats to plug in and that confuses me because there is going to be an under- or overeating of 6 grams of fats but even that amount matters to a serious guy like myself. Thanks
    weigh ur meat raw and put it into MFP raw. problem solved.

id run difft macros if i were u knowing what i know now (higher carbs, lower protein), but other than that think u are okay for a starting point.

weigh ur meat raw and put it into MFP raw. problem solved.

id run difft macros if i were u knowing what i know now (higher carbs, lower protein), but other than that think u are okay for a starting point.
    Well 40/40/20 is also not bad for my two-way goal ( build muscle and drop fat). And you didn't say anything about the 12g/6g fat difference. So about cardio, to really boost the fat drop process I would like to do it everyday. HIIT cardio may be too difficult for everyday but let's say one day 30 mins HIIT, the next day 40 mins moderate intensity and the day after that again HIIT. Will cardio in these amounts everyday ruin my muscle gains ? And btw I tried HIIT today and can you check my summary of it to determine if I the thing I did was actually HIIT and if I have found my speed for the "ALL OUT" on working intervals:

So 5 min warm-up fast walking on an incline
    then 10-12 cycles of 1:2 work/rest ratio
    the working phase is at 17 kilometers/h (10.5 mph) 30 seconds
    the resting phase is at 10 kilometers/h moderate jog (6.20 mph) 60 seconds but at 45 seconds I start accelerating the treadmill to 17 because there is a delay during which the tread needs to accelerate. The thing I am concerned about : every article and thread I read about HIIT says that during the working phase you need to go "all out". Don't really think I quite understand the all out way. When I am running at 17 it is not like I am sprinting at max speed ( like when you are OUTDOORS) and the first two cycles I can go for more than 30 seconds at 17 but at the 4th cycle to the 10th it gets extremely hard to finish every cycle with 30 seconds at 17, the first two at 17 are not very hard but it gets hard later on so I shouldn't be concerned that I am not doing it correctly and hard enough if the first two cycles are not very hard since I have the most energy at that time. The other thing I checked (according to the articles important) is my heart rate. I don't have a heart rate monitor I used the one provided by the treadmills with the handles. It was hard to keep my hands on them while running at 17 but managed and the number I got was 190-195. I am 17-years-old so my MHR is between 190-203. So I am going pretty "all out" despite it doesn't feel like sprinting outdoors for example when I am examined for 60m sprint for a mark in sports at school ?
    Last edited by asddsa; 08-12-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say anymore than 15%

Well 40/40/20 is also not bad for my two-way goal ( build muscle and drop fat). And you didn't say anything about the 12g/6g fat difference. So about cardio, to really boost the fat drop process I would like to do it everyday. HIIT cardio may be too difficult for everyday but let's say one day 30 mins HIIT, the next day 40 mins moderate intensity and the day after that again HIIT. Will cardio in these amounts everyday ruin my muscle gains ? And btw I tried HIIT today and can you check my summary of it to determine if I the thing I did was actually HIIT and if I have found my speed for the "ALL OUT" on working intervals:

So 5 min warm-up fast walking on an incline
    then 10-12 cycles of 1:2 work/rest ratio
    the working phase is at 17 kilometers/h (10.5 mph) 30 seconds
    the resting phase is at 10 kilometers/h moderate jog (6.20 mph) 60 seconds but at 45 seconds I start accelerating the treadmill to 17 because there is a delay during which the tread needs to accelerate. The thing I am concerned about : every article and thread I read about HIIT says that during the working phase you need to go "all out". Don't really think I quite understand the all out way. When I am running at 17 it is not like I am sprinting at max speed ( like when you are OUTDOORS) and the first two cycles I can go for more than 30 seconds at 17 but at the 4th cycle to the 10th it gets extremely hard to finish every cycle with 30 seconds at 17, the first two at 17 are not very hard but it gets hard later on so I shouldn't be concerned that I am not doing it correctly and hard enough if the first two cycles are not very hard since I have the most energy at that time. The other thing I checked (according to the articles important) is my heart rate. I don't have a heart rate monitor I used the one provided by the treadmills with the handles. It was hard to keep my hands on them while running at 17 but managed and the number I got was 190-195. I am 17-years-old so my MHR is between 190-203. So I am going pretty "all out" despite it doesn't feel like sprinting outdoors for example when I am examined for 60m sprint for a mark in sports at school ?
    theres really 2 kinds of intervals IMO:

1. HIIT (true hiit) an all out 100%max effort where u can only maintain the intensity for a short duration of 15-20secs followed by a recovery period where u may be walking, jogging, or lying on the ground trying not to throw up or die..

2. Intervals (what i do) where u go at 80-90%max effort for a short duration (i do 20/40)and then recover, usually at a jog or equivalent if ur using a machine like the elliptical which is what i use.

either work well. personally i prefer #2. itll not be as hard on u for recovery purposes either in terms of the rest of ur body being able to recover from all ur activity.

i would suggest u be moderate on the amount of cardio u start doing. depending how u respond u want to have adjustments u can make and u dont want to throw everything at ur diet all at once. for cutting it is a building process. adding to ur energy output every week or 2.

id do 1 x intervals, and 2 x MISS per week for now. keep ur MISS to 400 cals and ur intervals to like 20-30minutes. (including the 5minute warm-up and cool down

eventually u may end up at 5 x MISS and 2 x Intervals. u dont want to start there.

try to structure ur intervals in 60sec increments, this way itll be easier to keep count while ur doing it.. 20sec sprint/40sec recover is pretty good x 10 sets to start.

as far as the fat difference, pick a nutritional app and use the same one every time. dont be checking around seeing what other things say. even if one is off (i think most of them are to a certain extent) it wont matter as long as ur consistent because u will be making changes based on results coming from consistent performance and intake.

theres really 2 kinds of intervals IMO:

1. HIIT (true hiit) an all out 100%max effort where u can only maintain the intensity for a short duration of 15-20secs followed by a recovery period where u may be walking, jogging, or lying on the ground trying not to throw up or die..

2. Intervals (what i do) where u go at 80-90%max effort for a short duration (i do 20/40)and then recover, usually at a jog or equivalent if ur using a machine like the elliptical which is what i use.

either work well. personally i prefer #2. itll not be as hard on u for recovery purposes either in terms of the rest of ur body being able to recover from all ur activity.

i would suggest u be moderate on the amount of cardio u start doing. depending how u respond u want to have adjustments u can make and u dont want to throw everything at ur diet all at once. for cutting it is a building process. adding to ur energy output every week or 2.

id do 1 x intervals, and 2 x MISS per week for now. keep ur MISS to 400 cals and ur intervals to like 20-30minutes. (including the 5minute warm-up and cool down

eventually u may end up at 5 x MISS and 2 x Intervals. u dont want to start there.

try to structure ur intervals in 60sec increments, this way itll be easier to keep count while ur doing it.. 20sec sprint/40sec recover is pretty good x 10 sets to start.

as far as the fat difference, pick a nutritional app and use the same one every time. dont be checking around seeing what other things say. even if one is off (i think most of them are to a certain extent) it wont matter as long as ur consistent because u will be making changes based on results coming from consistent performance and intake.
    Well, gonna start with 5x a week cardio, not every day and I will see how it goes. For HIIT I may have found the speed at 17 kilometers per hour because the heart rate monitor on the tread says 190 heart rate which is no less than 90 % of my MHR so that would mean that I am doing it the "true hiit". Putting 480 grams of raw chicken in the place of 350 grams cooked which yield the smame quantity of protein so the macro is 220 cabrs out of 220 goal; protein 224 out of 220 goal; fats 43 out of 46 goal; So with this diet I am hitting my macro and that's it for a start. About the monitoring - factors I will be using along with your measurements
    - My weight shouldn't change up and down by more than 300-400 grams but the changes in the mirror should be more muscle outline and less fat; more definition and muscle size. That all good ?

Well, gonna start with 5x a week cardio, not every day and I will see how it goes. For HIIT I may have found the speed at 17 kilometers per hour because the heart rate monitor on the tread says 190 heart rate which is no less than 90 % of my MHR so that would mean that I am doing it the "true hiit". Putting 480 grams of raw chicken in the place of 350 grams cooked which yield the smame quantity of protein so the macro is 220 cabrs out of 220 goal; protein 224 out of 220 goal; fats 43 out of 46 goal; So with this diet I am hitting my macro and that's it for a start. About the monitoring - factors I will be using along with your measurements
    - My weight shouldn't change up and down by more than 300-400 grams but the changes in the mirror should be more muscle outline and less fat; more definition and muscle size. That all good ?
    hey dude. ive told u what to run, kind of cardio to do. u want to do it ur own way so good luck. no point in me answering any more of ur questions, i have more important shit to do with my time.

Thread Information