jbran23 is offline Senior Member

Post Morning Workout Nutrition

First off, just want to say its been a looong time since I have posted on here. Been out of the gym game for awhile now and have finally made my way back. Feels good!

My question is about what I should be eating after my early morning workout. The gym I go to is just ridiculously busy between 4pm-8pm so I have been biting the bullet and going at 5am before work. By the time I finish with my workout I have just enough time to drive home, shower, down a whey protein shake, and head back out the door to work.

I don't get my first meal in until first break at 9:15am. So between my whey shake and first meal Im going about 3 hours. This seems way too long to me as I would normally try to eat within an hour of my post workout shake when I can help it.

Does anybody have opinions on whether I should change this? Maybe a casein shake to try to hold myself over til I can eat? Skip the shake all together and eat food post workout instead?

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The Whey Protein Shake is your first meal unless I am missing something and there is nothing wrong in that whatsoever.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    The Whey Protein Shake is your first meal unless I am missing something and there is nothing wrong in that whatsoever.
    Agreed, and that is what I have been doing up to this point. My concern is the 3+ hours Im going between that shake and my first whole food meal. Maybe Im overreacting but it just seems too long. Wouldnt the fast digesting whey be long gone leaving my recently worked out muscles starving for nutrients well before I am able to feed them?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    eat a couple of bananas on your way to the gym, and an apple or another banana when you do the protein shake

Thread Information