CanadaStrong88 is offline Junior Member

fat loss plateau?

Hey guys. I've been doing gbrices carb cycling for fat loss plan for about a month and a half. It's going great I think, I'm down 15 lbs but all of my lifts are the same. I'm seeing veins I didn't know I had. Currently 190 lbs. 20 years old, 5ft11, lifting for 2.5 years seriously. I've been at 190 for a little bit now and can't seem to get past it.

Calories are 2300, the exact same plan that gbrice defined in his post. When I started I was pretty similar to the example he used so I stuck with it. Should I reduce calories by perhaps 100? Thanks

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaStrong88 View Post
    Hey guys. I've been doing gbrices carb cycling for fat loss plan for about a month and a half. It's going great I think, I'm down 15 lbs but all of my lifts are the same. I'm seeing veins I didn't know I had. Currently 190 lbs. 20 years old, 5ft11, lifting for 2.5 years seriously. I've been at 190 for a little bit now and can't seem to get past it.

Calories are 2300, the exact same plan that gbrice defined in his post. When I started I was pretty similar to the example he used so I stuck with it. Should I reduce calories by perhaps 100? Thanks
    start there and see how your body responds in two weeks.

what does your workouts look like? are you doing any cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post

start there and see how your body responds in two weeks.

what does your workouts look like? are you doing any cardio?
    Hey man thanks for the quick reply. Workouts I'm on a push pull legs routine. Even on low carb days I'm still getting very close to reps I was getting when I was 200 lb on high carb diet. So I think it's working to keep my muscle mass.

I do fasted cardio 4 -5x per week depending if I work Saturdays. I do hiit cardio about 20 mins to burn approx 240 cals.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are on the right track....as suggested cut back a little bit and make minor tweaks to your diet. Maybe(I don't know what you have for time so its just an idea) you could cut back the number if total days doing cardio and choose 3 days that you do an hour or 50 minutes OR just make a couple of sessions a week longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    You are on the right track....as suggested cut back a little bit and make minor tweaks to your diet. Maybe(I don't know what you have for time so its just an idea) you could cut back the number if total days doing cardio and choose 3 days that you do an hour or 50 minutes OR just make a couple of sessions a week longer.
    Thank you. I'm going to try reducing cals by 100 and increasing cardio by 5 to 10 mins daily. I wouldn't have time for an hour plus gym, with school work etc.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaStrong88 View Post

Thank you. I'm going to try reducing cals by 100 and increasing cardio by 5 to 10 mins daily. I wouldn't have time for an hour plus gym, with school work etc.
    Yup.....there you go. Small changes!

Thread Information