MikeNXG is offline New Member

Is this enough??

Hi there, I'm 41 and trying to build some lean muscle. I am 5'7" and 175 at about 15% bf. I just wanted to get some critique on my breakfast this morning to see if I am missing anything or adding anything that I shouldn't be.

2 scoops Isoflex in water
    1tbsp MCT oil
    1tsp fish oil
    1 packet quaker maple & brwn sugar oats
    1 cup quaker quick oats
    1 serving BCAA
    1 serving creatine
    1 multi vit

This is pretty much it besides a small coffee with 1 cream and 1 sugar and my pre workout. I already know there is probably too much sugar in the mix but maybe there is an alternative i can use I havnt thought of. Thanks Mike.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNXG View Post
    Hi there, I'm 41 and trying to build some lean muscle. I am 5'7" and 175 at about 15% bf. I just wanted to get some critique on my breakfast this morning to see if I am missing anything or adding anything that I shouldn't be.

2 scoops Isoflex in water - Eggs whites instead
    1tbsp MCT oil - Why? Generally not needed unless trying to cut under 10%
    1tsp fish oil
    1 packet quaker maple & brwn sugar oats - CRAP FOOD, remove
    1 cup quaker quick oats
    1 serving BCAA
    1 serving creatine
    1 multi vit

This is pretty much it besides a small coffee with 1 cream and 1 sugar - REMOVE SUGAR and my pre workout What is in the Pre?. I already know there is probably too much sugar in the mix but maybe there is an alternative i can use I havnt thought of. Thanks Mike.
    see above

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Agree completely with tarmyg.

One thing I might add, I know you were adding the brown sugar oats for flavor so,
    Something I do is a half a scoop of my favorite vanilla protein powder + cinnamon.
    Also sometimes I add a big spoon full of 0% fat plain greek yogurt.
    Helps me get some more protein in there and tastes really good.

MikeNXG is offline New Member
    Excellent suggestions guys, thanks. I'll make the changes. One other thing I was wondering about, I eat whole raw almonds quite often and am a little concerned I am getting too much fats...any thoughts? I may eat over the course of the day 1.5 cups.

Currently finishing up a tub of Hyde Pre workout. the ingredient list is pretty long...beta alanine, creatine hcl, & L leucine are the top 3 ingredients in the list.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    it's hard to slice and dice single meals without looking at the entire days' meals.

you say maybe too much fat from almonds, but nothing to bench mark it against, like the rest of what you eat daily.

suggest posting up your entire daily meal, include macros per meal and total macros per day. and please add your TDEE.

we can take it from there......

Thanks
    ---Roman

Thread Information