matafaka is offline New Member

What am I doing wrong? Or am I being impatient? Advice needed!

Hello Everyone,

I need some advice/guidance. I’ve been training for years upon years and the last couple years have been religious. I work out at LEAST 5 times a week and eat healthy. I feel like I’ve hit a plateau and can no longer see any changes. I’ve been trying to reach 7% all summer but the closest I got was 10%. I recently got married so between the bachelor trip to the honeymoon I ate like crap. I’m currently sitting at approx. 12% (I think, haven’t measured in a 4 months). What do i need to do in order to obtain 7%? I feel like i got the majority of training down but i'm lacking on the science/nutrition side.

Stats:
    Sex: M
    Height: 5’11
    Weight: 187lb
    BF: 12%~
    LBM:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2rng1zp.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	152852

Name:	2eajio6.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	152853

Cycle:
    My recent cycle was Tren /Prop 100mg eod that ended a few months ago. Results were great; I reached 10% while on this. This was my 3rd cycle ever.

Diet:
    Diet is pretty clean, although I just recently found out that sauces and marinade is a big no-no. I track my food intake using myfitnesspal and my TDEE is around 2700. I usually end the day with a deficit of 300-500 calories on a gym day. See below and attached myfitnesspal images.

Name:	2m2xhkx.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	152855

Name:	2iuxjl3.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	152856

Name:	2wp5phy.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	152857

Name:	d48qx.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	152858

Typical diet:
    6am – 6 Egg whites, tuna, (sometimes canned chicken) 2 slices of toast
    9am – Peanut butter and slice of toast
    12pm – 4-5oz of chicken and veges (mixed vege or broccoli)
    4pm (preworkout) – 2-3oz of chicken if available or peanut butter sandwich
    7pm (post) – 7oz steak or 4-5oz chicken (round-robin) with veges.
    9/10pm – cup of greek yogurt with scoop of protein and mixed oats.

Work out:
    I work out at least 5 times a week. Training is anywhere from 45mins to 1.5 hours depending on energy levels and the day. I always wear a heart rate monitor when working out and I’ve noted last week’s progress below:

Name:	1zppp9l.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	152854

Mon-Fri: Gym after work around 5pm
    Sat/Sun Gym first thing when I wake up around 10am.

Supplements:
    Multi vitamin in the morning.
    30g Protein 1-2 hours after workout.

What am I doing wrong? Or am I just being impatient? Am I eating at the wrong times? Am I eating too dirty? Are my training sessions too extreme? Do I need to rest more in between sets judging by table above? Am I missing supplements?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What am I doing wrong?  Or am I being impatient? Advice needed!-2jb40o6.jpg  
    Last edited by matafaka; 09-07-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fat gets very stubborn without aid at the lower bodyfat %'s, for good reason, unless you're entering a show there's no need to go further than you already have. Getting to extremely low bodyfat can wreak havock on the body.

However, maybe give something like austinites fat loss protocol a try?

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    Im no diet expert but know what works for me, and maybe it will work for you. I stop working out and get fat as hell every winter (around 23% BF) then in summer i get down to about 7% in as little as 3-4 months. I have been doing this for last 10 years and have it down to a science. For my body, of course.

I look very similar to your leanness right now, just a bit bigger. Im about 10-11. I dont know if i want to step down to 7 though since summer is just about over and those last 3-4%, are not fun.

What i do is eat 8 meals a day which consist of a lean protein (fish, chicken, turkey, steak) and a side of steamed spinach or broccoli with my first 3 meals. 2 of those meals are 50 gram protein shakes with close to 0 carbs. Sunday is my cheat day and i eat everything in the world.. I also do no cardio with this diet.

If you have same type of body as me, i would automatically drop those toasts your having. That right there would easily prevent me from getting to 7%. Just my opinion.

Try this out for 1 month and i bet you will hit your 7% BF since your right there. Heck the way you look, I honestly think 3 weeks of that diet, you will hit 7-8%.

If you do try it, let me know how it worked. 3 weeks is nothing!

Good luck!
    Last edited by GGot FFina?; 09-07-2014 at 09:13 PM.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Congratulations on the progress thus far, looks really good IMHO. I have never been on this level so I will tell you what I had to do with stubborn fat at 12%. In order for me to trick my body into burning fat at this percentage I had to cheat more. I simply had to get my body to believe I was back to my old way. I used Coconut Oil among other things to lure my body to keep burning fat. Not sure if this will work for you at this level however.

Just researched and bought it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GGot FFina? View Post

If you have same type of body as me, i would automatically drop those toasts your having. That right there would easily prevent me from getting to 7%. Just my opinion.

Try this out for 1 month and i bet you will hit your 7% BF since your right there. Heck the way you look, I honestly think 3 weeks of that diet, you will hit 7-8%.

Good luck!
    You talking about the amount of toast that i have or are you suggesting i drop toast period?

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Hi,

I used Coconut Oil among other things to lure my body to keep burning fat. Not sure if this will work for you at this level however.
    Will have to look this up and see the science behind it.. I'm not sure i understand.

Thanks!

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    First I commend you on your dedication and persistence. Pls tell me why you have this desire to be at such a low body fat? If I ate your meal plan , I would either pass out at work or rip someones lunch out of their hands first lol
    By the way bro you look great! don't you know it? unless training for competition no need to go lower than 10% IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    First I commend you on your dedication and persistence. Pls tell me why you have this desire to be at such a low body fat? If I ate your meal plan , I would either pass out at work or rip someones lunch out of their hands first lol
    By the way bro you look great! don't you know it? unless training for competition no need to go lower than 10% IMO
    Thanks brotha. I'm just a very dedicated individual, when i set my mind to something i do it. That's a realistic goal that i set for myself and i'd like to achieve it. Depending on my progress i just might want to compete.

I just bought the supplements recommended by austinite as well purchased the animal pak omega. Hopefully i'll see some results.

So nothing wrong with my diet/plan? You wouldn't change anything?

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    Yes the toasts for me would not work out. There are much better carbs you could eat instead of toasts. Brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, just to name a few.
    These have worked out great for me when dieting and on the days where i just feel like i need a bit of carbs because i feel a bit week with my workouts. I usually will only eat any type of carbs in one or two of first 3 meals.

I really would like for you to give that diet a try. If only for 2 weeks. I guarantee you will like the results. I have tried many different diets and there is nothing that ever gave me the results that the diet i posted has given me.

My pics (before and after).. When i originally signed up to this sight i was using the name Got fina? When i returned a few years later, i could not figure out pass word so i made this similar screen name recently.

Anyway, This is my original post from my transformation with the diet posted above. Unfortunately, i deleted the photos, but you can still read my progress and my description of how i got it done.

Hope you give it a try since i believe you can achieve your goal with this diet in as little as 4 weeks, with the way you currently look. I absolutely believe this!!

In that before and after thread i linked, if i remember correctly, i went from about 17%BF to around 6-7% in 10 weeks. With the way you currently look, and if you want it bad enough, i believe you can hit 7% in about 3-4 weeks easily.

BTW, you are already looking great and would look insane at 7%. Some dont understand why you would want to do this if your not competing, but i understand 100%. You seem to have that inner dedication that is needed to do this, and i get it too from time to time. Its not easy, but ill tell you, its so worth it once you discover how to do it and you will then be able to do it every try after the first time you get it right. You never lose that knowledge. Hey, go for it and give it a try if you have hit a wall and want to try something new.

I hope this helped in some way.
    Last edited by GGot FFina?; 09-08-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Thread Information