Howdy all, I've been on this forum occasionally for the last few years and have gotten some good advice in the past, so now I'll have another go. I'm 46, 6' 260lb and last body comp showed 29% BF. Ideally I'd like to get down to 220 which I'd think would get me under 20% BF. I've been struggling to lose weight for years, and usually it comes down to maintaining a decent diet. But now I find there's a serious info overload where over the years I've read so much and tried different approaches that there's just a lot of confusion.

The nutrition basics I've got down; when I'm dieting I try to bias toward lean proteins and get most carbs from veg and fruit. In the past I've made the noob mistake of trying to lose weight too quickly by cutting calories too much. I've made good gains in the last few months with my upper body, and would like to shrink the gut and flanks while minimizing lean mass loss. I've been taking 100mg Test Cyp weekly for 3 years or so, which I'd think would be helpful with metabolism. The issues I have now are I have mild to moderate sleep apnea which I assume is making weight loss more difficult. Also, with 3 year old twins in the house there's a decent amount of stress, which might be raising hell with my cortisol levels (just a guess here). I'm trying Weight Watchers again with my wife; their point system makes sense and I did manage to lose some weight last time before I slipped. I think if I stick to the points system again but be strict about getting most cals from lean proteins and complex carbs it might work out well eventually. Thoughts on this?

I used to do cardio fairly religiously 3-4x week until I saw no results coming from it after two or so weeks. Is it even necessary with a small cal deficit and working out 3 days /week? I'm not sure what the missing piece of the puzzle is but know the frustration is real.