Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Got a good problem gf wants to cook good meals for me and is clueless cookbook

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Got a good problem gf wants to cook good meals for me and is clueless cookbook

Hello I have been floating around about 2 years and I am a senior 55 ! I am on TRT but have actually taken things to the next level . But a single guy and not big into pretty meals and tasty not really that important to me !

I went from 265lbs down to 219lbs and back up to a good weight of 230lbs . I am eating clean but obviously not proper macros and to be honest all I do is target low carbs, 60% protein, and fill with fats ? I am loosing about 3 lbs a mth now and some is muscle ?

I eat big breakfast, med lunch, smaller dinner . I eat post and pre w/o and also try to ingest protein about every 3 hrs ?

My good problem is my GF wants to cook attractive tasty meals and wants a cook book ? She eats healthy but not the same as me and she can't grasp what I try to explain to her when I say I keep Brown rice, Black beans, Plain Greek Yogart, steamed veggies, chicken, and eggs on the ready in the frig all the time and just mix different things together to get the nutriants I want and drink Protein shakes, tea, water, coffee and as far as food goes I just toss it all in a bowl and eat ? She think I am crazy and I just do the easiest thing and I am OK with it ?

She wants to take time and make desireable meals and eat with me which I am all about because she would like to tone up and she needs very little so a few changes and she would be killer toned Can anyone recommend a cook book for her and me that explains a little of what foods do what & why & when to eat them ? Please help me out with this ? I would like to purchase one today Wed 09-24-14 ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 09-24-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Up headed to the store and hope i make a good choice

still post up a good book i may just get one on juicing today ?

Also welcome a good juicing book

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    any cookbook that lists macros is good. Not Paula Deen Southern Fried cookbook. Look for low fat clean eating. Vegan cookbooks are good, just add meat.

But if you really want to diet the way fitness folks do, you dont need no book. Eating for pleasure was and is always my problem. Look at it as fuel, thats it. For a good 12 weeks, and you will get where you wanna be. Then reevaluate what makes you happy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    any cookbook that lists macros is good. Not Paula Deen Southern Fried cookbook. Look for low fat clean eating. Vegan cookbooks are good, just add meat.

But if you really want to diet the way fitness folks do, you dont need no book. Eating for pleasure was and is always my problem. Look at it as fuel, thats it. For a good 12 weeks, and you will get where you wanna be. Then reevaluate what makes you happy.
    Thanks for that tidbit ! But did you read why I need the cookbook ? not for me for female who wants to cook tasty and nice meals I am OK with how I eat now ? Just mix everything up in a bowl and spoon in ? lol

Little_John is offline Junior Member
    Pintrest bro

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Google, lol.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Sry man. I did not read. LOL We have a 100 cookbooks.

Moosewood Resturants favorite low-fat recipies has some good shit in it.
    Oh she Glows Vegan Cookbook has some dank vegan shit in it, and I always just added chicken to my plate.
    But as the poster above said, google. Food Network.com pick some and print them out and make a binder of your favorites.
    Thats what we do. We try receipies and if we like them we copy them out of book or print them off, and throw them in a binder. we have a2" binder full and catogorized.

Blog Entries
    lol all cook books & "diet" books are not created equal ! I looked at one that was making all thes otragous claims and the before and after pick of ppl on the "Sherreder diet" had a bigger belly than I do ? I am seeking to loose that last 1/4 to 1/2 thin layer right around my abs ! My GF is a extra sweet woman and thinks the way I eat, is like an animial and she wants to prepare "NICE MEALS" = ones that look good and actually have taste to them ? She actually wants to spend time and effort to make tasty meals that we both will enjoy ? I guess a bowl of brown rice and Greek Yogart with a couple of Cornish hens is not her idea of a pleaseing meal ? I must admit my nutritio intake is on the bland side a treat to me is Plain Greek Yoguat with honey in it and man I love that ship !

I looked at juicing but IMO the drinks are way to high in Carbs ? I could be wrong because many lean ppl swear by juicing and thank you JJ78 for you responses

Little John I am an old fart and don't even have a clue what you are suggesting ? But then I am only 31 yrs older than you , lol Besides this is a new good problem to have ? When I was your age nutrition was not nearly as important to me then as it is now. A 24 year old body is a lot more forgiving than a 55 year old one and tight diet really matters as we age ! If you live long enough you will find this to be true

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 09-25-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    The forum is filled with recipes. JimmyInkedUp is compiling/preparing a cook book for market, just not sure where he is at with it right at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    The forum is filled with recipes. JimmyInkedUp is compiling/preparing a cook book for market, just not sure where he is at with it right at the moment.
    Thanks that is what I am looking for for her ! This is a great problem to have ! She is a great woman and wants to cook for me and prep meals for all day , wants them to look good on a plate and taste good and mainly get me to stop eating everything just mixed in a bowl . . . lol she thinks that is uncivilized ? lol

Oh TR going back to straight TRT 140 mg CYp and 50mg of Deca a week ( Would 50 mg EOW week be enough to assist with joint pain ?) But going to do a 6 mth routin of CJC w/o DAC , GHRP 6, GHRP 2 , Improlin, and Semorlin 3 x's a day and the last time I did this I did not see rapid change but a pic at the beginning and even 3 mths in was a real shocker ! Works great on a 55 year old man that should be producing little if any natural GH ? A year and a half ago I saw great results ! Purchasing products fro GWP and they have 43% off right now TB - 500 5 mg for $28.00 so at 43% of about $17.00 for 5 mg

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 09-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.

I'm not into the GH peps, as they are expensive, slow acting, and moderate results. in fact, I've stopped looking for GH too. If I could get 2iu/day for around $250/mo, I'd jump, but many of the benefits that the anti aging community seek from GH can also be found from HRT (without the GH), at a much lower cost. And my TRT seems to be doing pretty damn good these last few years.

I have no idea about the deca at that low of a dose. I don't do deca anymore, due to the sexual sides, so I think this is just something you'll have to experiment with.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    iPad and allrecipes.com. All I ever use.

Blog Entries
    I'm not into the GH peps, as they are expensive, slow acting, and moderate results. in fact, I've stopped looking for GH too. If I could get 2iu/day for around $250/mo, I'd jump, but many of the benefits that the anti aging community seek from GH can also be found from HRT (without the GH), at a much lower cost. And my TRT seems to be doing pretty damn good these last few years.

I have no idea about the deca at that low of a dose. I don't do deca anymore, due to the sexual sides, so I think this is just something you'll have to experiment with.
    TR Are you implying that HCG has a negative effect on sexual preformance ? I was under the impression from a few other users that it enhanced ? Please share a more clear answer ? And in the South I have heard a 3 pin a day 1 mth. supply of GH is $300.00 South as in USA, GA. I am old and my eyes are bad . . . lol I thought you were refering to the low dose daily of HCG ? The 50 mg of Deca is for joint pain and you would know ? It seems to be enough to solve my joint pain do you think it should be a higher dose for research ?

I was amazed the 1st time I used this cocktail and in 3 mths I saw extreme results from the PEP cocktail & stayed on about the same cocktail for 6mths and really saw lean weight gain, not just GHRP weight gain , how ever the simple fact i was eating more mat have had a lot to do with it because when i stopped i did a Tren blast and really leaned up for an old man just can't shake that last little bit of belly and even back fat ? Like all the fat in my body has shifted and settled in the area where my belly ysed to be ? Also do the peps because I have read GH shuts down your natural production in the , putitary of natural GH ? Am I miss informed about the SHUT DOWN OF NATURAL GH ? If it doesn't shut down I am all over it ! Got my VA disabilty so now all I have to do is eat and train $5000.00 a mth tax free and I am diabled civialy also ? Today I hit my leg that has blood clots with a bench and bleed like a stuck pig, due to the pressure in my leg blood goes every where I pressure dressed it and drove on ! Came home cleaned it and elevated it and I may have to stay off of it tomorrow ? That is my civial disability and why I am not employeable ? found out the VA gives different amounts for 100% disability sepending on the sevirity of te disabilating factors so GTG income wise not rich but liveable for a change

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 09-29-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    TR Are you implying that HCG has a negative effect on sexual preformance ? I was under the impression from a few other users that it enhanced ? Please share a more clear answer ? And in the South I have heard a 3 pin a day 1 mth. supply of GH is $300.00 South as in USA, GA. I am old and my eyes are bad . . . lol I thought you were refering to the low dose daily of HCG ? The 50 mg of Deca is for joint pain and you would know ? It seems to be enough to solve my joint pain do you think it should be a higher dose for research ?

I was amazed the 1st time I used this cocktail and in 3 mths I saw extreme results from the PEP cocktail and GH shuts down your natural production in the putitary of natural GH ? Am I miss informed about the SHUT DOWN OF NATURAL GH ? If it doesn't shut down I am all over it ! Got my VA disabilty so now all I have to do is eat and train $5000.00 a mth tax free and I am diabled civialy also ? Today I hit my leg that has blood clots with a bench and bleed like a stuck pig, due to the pressure in my leg blood goes every where I pressure dressed it and drove on ! Came home cleaned it and elevated it and I may have to stay off of it tomorrow ? That is my civial disability and why I am not employable ?

Sorry, I was talking about Human Growth Hormone (HGH), not HCG.

Blog Entries
    I found a ton of Shredder recipes , Metabolic weight lose, & lose belly fat fast on FACEBOOK ? What suprises me and I am sceptial of is all the reccomendation to juice and all I see ih the juicing is a ton of carbs ?

ANYONE OUT THERE GOT AN OPINION ON JUICING AND THE UPTICK IN CARB INTACK WHEN TRYING TO LOOSE FAT AROUND THE BELLY ? ? ? ? ?

Thread Information