Thread: Diet help

Fergsmca is offline New Member

Diet help

Really need someone's help with planning a diet. Finding it extremely difficult to get it spot on.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I believe in flexible dieting, you just need to hit your macros every day but you should be getting the bulk of your food from quality whole foods.

Do you know your TDEE? What are your goals? What's a day in the diet look like for you? Stats?

Fergsmca is offline New Member
    I've done the TDEE calculations on a few sites all the answers were different.
    My goal is to lose about 10kg (22lbs).
    Stats are: male 30 yrs old about 5ft 11 100kg. About 25% bf.
    normal day would be coffee with multigrain toast/peanut butter and a banana
    Lunch I have been preparing on a Sunday and eat the same thing everyday. This week for example I've been having 150-200g chicken breast grilled with broccoli and 100g sweet potato.
    Dinner is normally whatever my partner cooks which is
    Generally meat and vegetables. Sometimes pasta etc but I've been trying to steer clear of carbs after lunch.
    Along with that I normally will snack on nuts or fruit. And two protein shakes a day.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'd say your TDEE is roughly 2700, you need to count your macros, I'd suggest an app called 'myfitnesspal' or messaging times roman for his macro calculator when you are able to PM.

Start by eating 2700 every day, don't worry about meal timing or carbs after dark it's all bullshit it's as simple as calories in vs calories out but your best option is to eat good quality whole foods.

Eat 2700 daily for 2 weeks and if your weight doesn't change at all the second week (first week is to allow for water fluctuation) then that's your maintenance, and from then on eat 300-500 calories less than that, which will lead to you losing a pound a week, you can do a bigger deficit than that but I'd suggest starting with a 500 deficit and seeing where it takes you.

Thread Information