Thread: Stomach bloat

Inked medic1 is offline Junior Member

Stomach bloat

Hi all

Any ideas on how I can reduce stomach bloating. My diet is fairly clean and water intake adequate. I'm currently on a test only cycle but the bloat was there before.

I've heard that probiotics can help??

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Ink

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What does your sodium intake look like? Do you have to burp a lot after you eat?, are you eating small meals or big ones? Probiotics help me out when I get a case of the runs probably from undercooked chicken..... Other then that I didn't notice much of a change in stomach bloat..... Maybe it varies person to person.

Hey Buster

Sodium intake is on the low side. Especially now I'm on a cycle - very mindful of it. I don't eat processed foods.

I'm always burping after I eat!!

I try to eat little and often but breakfast is big and evening meal is on the bigger side - not huge though.

Cheers.

Ink

The cycle is going to bloat you some anyways..... I hear all types of blah blah blah about people not bloating on a bulk and I just don't buy it..... But there are varying degrees and things you can do to try and minimize it.
    If you are getting indigestion maybe you are eating to fast or have you tried a process of elimination approach if it's not the speed at which you eat then maybe its a good choice.
    Have you eliminated alcohol?
    If none of these things are the cause then it may be time to see the Doctor.

Have a glass of red a night. Although I've had a few nights out recently and did over indulge.

I do eat a lot of white rice maybe that? Gonna try reducing that.

I expect a bit of bloat as I'm bulking and on a cycle.

Cheers for your help.

Ink

Iceberg is offline Member
    I tried probiotics, gas x, ect... They didn't help me. Cutting rice intake in half for me along with cutting bcaas intake in half helped also.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    have you ever been tested for gluten allergy?

Cheers John, definitely gonna cut rice.

Hey Cajun. I hadn't thought of that. I'm at the docs next week for my cholesterol and bp update so I will enquire.

Cheers.

Ink

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are you sure it's bloat and not fat? Also the alcohol will make you hold water. Up your water intake. Switch to more complex carbs and try lowering your carbs throughout the day. So eating the majority of your carbs in the first part of the day and around workouts.

It's definitely bloat. Will lower carbs during the later part of the day, as I have been eating a lot of carbs in my last two meals.

I have ground oats in my protein shake before bed. You think I should take this out? Cheers MP.

INK.

Quote Originally Posted by Inked medic1
    It's definitely bloat. Will lower carbs during the later part of the day, as I have been eating a lot of carbs in my last two meals. I have ground oats in my protein shake before bed. You think I should take this out? Cheers MP. INK.
    Ground oats in your shake at night is pretty bland and I dont think cramming all of your carbs in the first half of the day has much benefit ..... This has been hotly debated and after trying both ways I don't believe it makes much difference. If you are bulking and eat all your carbs in a smaller window of time will cause more discomfort then spread throughout the day. Going to your Doctor is wise and hopefully it's just a change in diet that is necessary .

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    Ground oats in your shake at night is pretty bland and I dont think cramming all of your carbs in the first half of the day has much benefit ..... This has been hotly debated and after trying both ways I don't believe it makes much difference. If you are bulking and eat all your carbs in a smaller window of time will cause more discomfort then spread throughout the day. Going to your Doctor is wise and hopefully it's just a change in diet that is necessary .
    I meant to say tapering your carbs down throughout the day. I just eat FEWER carbs in my final meals. It seems to help me keep lean and a lot less bloatdd

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859
    I meant to say tapering your carbs down throughout the day. I just eat FEWER carbs in my final meals. It seems to help me keep lean and a lot less bloatdd
    I gotcha !

Thread Information