doingwork is offline Junior Member

weight loss diet....

So iam 6 foot..250 lbs and looking to lose 25-30 lbs. I have set my self on a diet of 1660 calories per day. I do cardio 6-7 days per week...some days twice a day.

I have been doing alot of spin classes and really enjoy the hip hop cycling. Which is alot of core and upper body...

Breakfast: 3or 4 egg whites with spinaich, mushrooms and tomatoe..
    Bannana

Snack: core protein shake
    Berries (strawberries, raspberries, black berries, grapes, cantalope, blueberries ) it's all pretty bagged up on Sundays for the week

Lunch: lean hamburger 93% or better or chicken
    Asparagus or brocoli
    Apple...or orange..maybe bannana

Snack: another shake and bag of berries or apple ect.

Dinner: repeat lunch again

Snack: 5-7 oz turkey deli meat...piece of fruit...

I don't know macros and most of my meat portion are around 5-7 oz or I burger.

I'm using my fitness pal....so I know I stay under my goal.....

Any tips or help will be appreciated! !

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you lift as well as cardio? Your intake is quite low for a guy your size with that much cardio. You need to have some healthy fats in your diet too, don't cut them out completely, they are crucial to regulating hormones and bodily functions. I'm sure someone will chime in and guide you better then I can, but I think you will struggle from too few calories.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Do you lift as well as cardio? Your intake is quite low for a guy your size with that much cardio. You need to have some healthy fats in your diet too, don't cut them out completely, they are crucial to regulating hormones and bodily functions. I'm sure someone will chime in and guide you better then I can, but I think you will struggle from too few calories.
    I was actually lower in calories before...but my energy is pretty good.....and no I totally cut lifting out of the equation.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by doingwork
    I was actually lower in calories before...but my energy is pretty good.....and no I totally cut lifting out of the equation.
    What's your reasoning for no resistance training?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

What's your reasoning for no resistance training?
    Trying to lose weight......I figure I'll concentrate on losing it....then adding it back later....
    Last edited by doingwork; 02-22-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Well resistance training is way better for losing bf that cardio alone. You would do better doing both, lift then do cardio after you lift. You can do cardio on non lifting days as well, but you need to lift bro.

Well resistance training is way better for losing bf that cardio alone. You would do better doing both, lift then do cardio after you lift. You can do cardio on non lifting days as well, but you need to lift bro.
    I just figured I'd try something diffrent. I usually gained/lost the 15-20 faithfully and easily every year....now that I'm 30 it's totally diffrent....way harder to lose and I'm a bit frustrated...I use to drop 5 the first week...then 3-4 the second....and consistently lose till about the 90 day mark where I would plateau...no I like totally cut carbs out....lose 4 or 5 lbs and now I'm stuck....like idk what's wrong....

The worst thing I've done is hit chipolte for a burrito bowl.....and i had one cheat meal in two weeks....had some enchilada and rice/beans....like it shouldn't be that hard...lol

At those low calories your body is hoarding and storing calories cause it is starvation protection mode. I am 43 next month, I know it gets harder with age, but you need to find a balance. The weight you were used to losing quickly was just water mainly, weights are going to help achieve your goals faster than cardio alone. You need to figure out where your tdee and subtract 300-500 from that and go from there.

At those low calories your body is hoarding and storing calories cause it is starvation protection mode. I am 43 next month, I know it gets harder with age, but you need to find a balance. The weight you were used to losing quickly was just water mainly, weights are going to help achieve your goals faster than cardio alone. You need to figure out where your tdee and subtract 300-500 from that and go from there.
    So less isn't better?....I don't know how to figure that out but I think it would be 2500 calories....since I'm 250 lbs....LA

I'm really not trying to gain muscle just drop as much weight as possible as fast as possible with being totally depressed and upset/starving myself lol

I don't know what the formula is to figure it out. Try searching tdee and see what comes up. You want to lift to keep your muscle, by keeping calories so low and no lifting, your body is burning muscle mass for fuel, further lowering your metabolic rate. It is a lose lose situation, the only thing you wont lose a lot of is body fat.

I don't know what the formula is to figure it out. Try searching tdee and see what comes up. You want to lift to keep your muscle, by keeping calories so low and no lifting, your body is burning muscle mass for fuel, further lowering your metabolic rate. It is a lose lose situation, the only thing you wont lose a lot of is body fat.
    I believe that's how the app came up with 1660 calories.......

I don't understand how eating not enough can be bad?

Can some one help explain.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by doingwork
    I don't understand how eating not enough can be bad? Can some one help explain.
    because it will slow the metabolism down. Your body goes into starvation mode and will try to hold on to any fat it can to survive. Your body will also produce less testosterone to survive as well. Think about it if your starving you do not need to reproduce

papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    If you eat vegetables and fruits It'll help to boost up the metabolic rate.

Thread Information