Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: rhoag Weekly acountability log

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Extremely hard shoulder workout Saturday. Diet stayed in check over the weekend. Took Sunday off, but my whole body hurts from working on my truck for 4 hours Saturday and 3 hours Sunday. Laying on a creeper that is not wider than your shoulders and breaking rusty bolts loose is a PAIN IN THE BUTT!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    Extremely hard shoulder workout Saturday. Diet stayed in check over the weekend. Took Sunday off, but my whole body hurts from working on my truck for 4 hours Saturday and 3 hours Sunday. Laying on a creeper that is not wider than your shoulders and breaking rusty bolts loose is a PAIN IN THE BUTT!
    haha!

i am still feeling my workout from saturday as well

Man I am getting tired of extra lean ground turkey... but you just can't beat the amount of protein and fat in it. 4oz is 21 grams of protein and only 1.5 fat zero carbs.

Man I am getting tired of extra lean ground turkey... but you just can't beat the amount of protein and fat in it. 4oz is 21 grams of protein and only 1.5 fat zero carbs.
    why not switch to flank steak or lean ground beef? or even fish

Ohhh the turkey has been lunch... I eat fish, chicken, porkl or steak for dinner. i just like to make things that are simple for my lunch. ground turkey and salsa takes me 10 minutes to make. I had cod and brown rice for dinner last night..probably chicken and rice tonight and making a prime rib Sunday.

This cut started very slow but has picked up some steam the last 2 weeks. Luv handles are down an inch, but weight is staying right at 202-204.

Looking good man!

Progress is progress!

I wish I would not have taken the first pic in this room by the window. There is so much light and no shadows. I feel I look way better than this and these pics just don't make me look the way I really do. Maybe I need a tan!!!
    Thanks Ragin

Well my focus is going to have to change. I sprained my wrist today getting larger dumbbells from the floor to an incline press position. My wrist has been bothering me for a while, but now I am hurt can't even lift a fork... (will drop weight now). I felt super strong today and my decline bench was more weight then I have pushed in years. The dumbbells I was using I could get 10-12 reps from but getting them up was the hard part. I will now shift gears to working on abs and dropping fat till I heal.

Wasn't a sprained wrist just pulled some muscles/tendons in my forearm. Starting to heal up, I was able to do lift yesterday using the bar and cables but not dumbbells. I continue to ice, heat and tylenol. Have increased cardio to 50 minutes vise 40.

damn, sorry to hear about the lil set back.

hope it heals up quickly

Back to lifting again!!!! But I need to change something? 6 weeks in and I am only down 1%BF to 16% ... very discouraging. Pic from today.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Back to lifting again!!!! But I need to change something? 6 weeks in and I am only down 1%BF to 16% ... very discouraging. Pic from today.
    Problem is of course that we are never happy with our results but yeah, 1% in 6 weeks would make me pretty angry, but not discouraged I think, just plain angry.

I don't know tarmyg after reading your log you appear to be struggling as well. I believe that my issue is I have been lifting to much and not enough HIIT fasted. I also have the issue of living in Wisconsin..land of beer, brats, cheese and the Packers. When I look around at guys my age (nearing 54) then I look at myself, well it is very easy to say " damn I look great for my age, why am I doing this?" But, my own standards for myself are still high ... just gotta dig deep and motivate.
    Did very good over the weekend and so far this week, down a few pounds, diet right on and cardio ok.

you do look great for your age and better than I at 33!

Thanks Ragin!

Rested 2 days this week and feel pretty good. Diet still in check, very little alcohol consumption, and workouts still good. Did 40 minutes cardio Sunday, off Mon and Tue, 40 min chest and 40 minutes cardio Wed, 5AM fasted HIIT thur, will do legs and cardio after work and a hair cut today.

This week is going so so... Friday did 40 min cardio, Sat lifted arms, Sun lifted shoulders, Mon and Tue off but shoveled dirt both Sunday and Tue. Diet sill good... eating ground turkey w/ salsa right now and have cottage cheese after this (my lunch). Did a therapeutic phlebotomy yesterday to get rid of a pint of blood, keeping RBC and hemocrit in check (HRT).
    RaginCajun and NACH3 like this.

Been a tough week to get my workouts in but diet is still on track. Just very busy with new truck, new camper, helping my daughter by watching grandsons, giving blood etc etc etc... I have managed to slip in 35 minutes of cardio and a quick ab and chest workout Wed and Thur.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Hell ya man you look great no matter your age. I'm 43 and hope to look that good in the next 12 months. Fingers crossed LOL. Following your journey rhoag!!

Thanks Joco71.... So far so good. Down a few pounds since last week 201 this morning. I must be getting leaner. A guy at the gym came up to me the other day and asked me about my Ab routine I do (hanging from perfect pullers). He said I am the only guy he has seen at our gym with a 6 pack and wanted to know what works. Great ego boost. Last weekend I was up early Sat and at the gym 30 min abs and 30 min cardio and then off to help a friend in her yard pulling old shrubs and planting flowers and stuff. Went out Saturday night and ate a big ol burger!!! Sunday morning back at the gym back and then 30 min cardio. Monday chest and 35 min cardio. Tuesday off. Today I may just do 45 min cardio because I have work to do at home.
    My diet has still been pretty spot on because I eat almost the same thing everyday. Two protein pancakes with two eggs, chicken, tuna, pork, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein bars and shakes, Brussels sprouts, green beans or asparagus. I have had a few drinks here and there but nearly as much as I would normally....gotta have some life. Had a bad cycle experience a month or so back and have since stopped but, may do a test blast after I get a clean lab.

Overall not a bad week but could have been better. i was on the road traveling to a conference on Monday but did 40 min cardio in the hotel gym but did not eat enough that day. Tuesday was the conference and pretty much the same story as Monday. Wed traveled home after the conference, under ate and no workout. Thursday work and then had to travel to pick up my new RV got home at about 9PM no workout and severely under ate. Today ate good eggs and protein pancakes for breakfast, protein bar, yogurt, 2 cans of tuna, and brussel sprouts. Headed to the gym after work.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Well done... Show them youngens how it's done
    bethdoth likes this.

Man I have got to get my diet back on track this week. last week was bad...... Does anyone else just have times where you are to busy to eat right? Seems I have been working 12-14 hours a day not making time to even stop and eat. Total calories are down but quantity, frequency and quality are down too. Camping for 4 days thu-Sun day this week I will have to dig deep and do better.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    Man I have got to get my diet back on track this week. last week was bad...... Does anyone else just have times where you are to busy to eat right? Seems I have been working 12-14 hours a day not making time to even stop and eat. Total calories are down but quantity, frequency and quality are down too. Camping for 4 days thu-Sun day this week I will have to dig deep and do better.
    I am in the same boat!

Traveling for work in a small town sucks!

Ok I have one month before our 10 day party camping at Hodag country music festival in Rhinelander Wi. Time to dig deep and motivate. My diet was pretty good during the 4 days of camping. Seemed like I was busy every minute... working on the new camper, riding dirt bikes with my grandsons, fishing, playing bean bag toss etc... limited my alcohol intake to just a few Apple Crown Royals and water. Diet wasn't bad. Venison brats, pulled pork, chicken, eggs, bacon, asparagus, protein bars and drinks, cottage cheese. I didn't consume enough calories but stayed away from the junk food. Back in the gym yesterday... 35 minutes on shoulders, 30 minutes of cardio and finished up with my push-up routine (Muscle failure with a 30lb sandbag on my back then drop the bag and go to failure, then drop to my knees and go to failure). With no bag on my back and just doing good solid push-ups I am up to 70 none stop push-ups...that is double what most of the young guys can do. For some reason when I have my shirt off camping and stuff young guys always want to try there luck . I always tell them it is a lose lose for you...if you win I claim I am 20-30 years older if I win I claim I am 20-30 years older.

Darn tennis elbow is acting up again, but I just work thru the pain.

sounds like you had a great time bud!

are you doing any stretches for your tendonitis? i found that rubbing or grinding on the elbow helped bring more blood flow to the area, hoping to help heal it. are you on any anti-inflammatories?

No I haven't been doing anything for it but wearing a pressure point band when lifting. Doesn't seem to help much. The only thing that would heal it is to stop lifting for a month or so...and that isn't going to happen. With warm weather here and a new camper etc... it seems like I roll out of bed at 5:04AM every morning and don't stop till 9PM. My weight is staying about the same but I feel I am getting leaner and bigger. Might have something to do with my increased testosterone . I have increased my HRT from 140mg a week to 200mg a week which raises my total test from 750 to about 1100.

Wish I was on some test! You may want to start doing some stretches and start working those muscles out. Take some ibuprofen or some other anti-inflammatory. Also, make sure to ice as much as you can. What helped me the most was a physical therapist literally scraping my arm with a tool (ASTYM technique), hurt like bloody hell!

I started HRT about 2 1/2 years ago. My total test was down to 299 and i was feeling like crap. Now it runs about 750 and I feel good. I don't like taking ibuprofen daily, I will start ice and heat and wear my wrist thing when sleeping it keeps me from using that muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    I started HRT about 2 1/2 years ago. My total test was down to 299 and i was feeling like crap. Now it runs about 750 and I feel good. I don't like taking ibuprofen daily, I will start ice and heat and wear my wrist thing when sleeping it keeps me from using that muscle.
    I advise against that strap that holds the tendon down as I found it made my tendon's weaker.

I need to get tested bad, just no time with work!

Nutrition plan is out to lunch. I just have no time to prepare meals ahead of time so I find myself throwing stuff together at 5:30AM for my workday. Normally I gravitate toward 2 cans of tuna, a piece of fruit of some sort, cottage cheese and yogurt. No excuses i need to dig deep. Also my wife hauls me out somewhere a lot. Monday we had to go deliver popcorn salt to our favorite bar (2 drinks and a philly cheese wrap later), Tuesday pre Hodag camping meeting...at a bar 3 drinks and a burger later. I work from 6:30AM to 2:30PM then drive the half hour to the gym, workout from 3 to 5 (includes shower time), then head home. Once home I have 100's of projects staring me in the face... much of them have to be done by July 5th. So I normally do my post workout shake and grab some leftovers or something and get to work. Piss poor I know...this is what average people do not us hardcore fitness guys/girls!!! Anyone else get caught in these ruts from time to time? Weight is holding steady at 204 BF about 15%-17%. I am overall happy with how I look and I feel great.... just want to be a bit leaner dang it!!

Well it has been more than a week since I updated my log. I have been doing great the last week or so. Nutrition right on... very close to my goal of 2200 calories a day... 1100 from Protein, 440 or so from Fat and the rest good complex carbs. I just went back to tried and try foods got off my ass a prepared everything in advance. My training has been great. I should have called this a bulking/cut log. Been lifting heavier and mixing up the routine a bit. Pyramid up drop set down going to muscle failure with every drop set. I need to update my pic because there has been some major build change lately.

BAM, tearing it up!!!!!!

Another week has gone by and my diet has been great except the drinks I had Friday and Saturday night. Workouts have been more focused on lifting and getting bigger and stronger. Cardio was down last week. But, I have been extremely busy getting ready for a 10 day camping/party that we are doing starting on the 5th. Hodag country Music festival. I made a new beer pong table, new outdoor movie screen, lighted corn hole game, battle shots game, installed an outlet on the outside of my new camper etc etc... been working in the garage till 10PM every night. Weight is still at 204 but I am bigger, leaner and stronger!
    My new beer pong table made from Maple...infinite mirror look ... looks like a black hole when you look down into it.

Man sounds like you know how to have a good time!!!

Pong table looks like it is out of a movie!

Keep on grinding brotha

Just got back from 7 days of camping in a field for a country music festival... had a blast but diet and workouts suffered. Lots of drinking ... I didn't eat to bad and did consume a lot of water. Only up about 1 pound this morning. Here are some pics from this last week. I kinda got tired of people coming up to me and asking me how old I am and what the heck I do to stay in shape. On the bright side no one challenged me to a push up competition this year!
    back on track today!

Sounds like you had a blast man!

Looking good as well!

Back in the gym this week hitting it hard...chest Tue ... shoulders yesterday... arms today. 40 minutes cardio on Tue too and will do atleast 30 min cardio tonight after workout. Nutrition back on track...chicken, fish, brown rice, green beans, sweat taters, yogurt, turkey etc... feel pretty good.

Last week was great this week not so great. Diet was good but workouts suffered. Watched my 3 grandsons Monday, was out of town working Tue and Wed, Thu was my B-day and wife had plans so quick arm workout was it. I will do shoulders and cardio after work today.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information