TheOldGoat is offline New Member

Question 0-10 carbs a day not in Ketosis help please

Okay here is my deal. I'm 35 on TRT. I been working on dropping weight and thinking about taking Anavar .

I was 243lb on Jan 15th I have been eatting 0 carbs that I know of but I know they sneak in some somewhere. I have been eating tuna steaks, ground turkey, ground beef, deer, skinless boneless chicken breast, isopure 0carb protein shake, scrambled eggs, coconut oil, cheese etc.. And my ideal of a cheat day is a sonic burger no bun no mayo lol I always check labels for carbs in anything. All I drink is coffee with coconut oil and/or water.

I am down to 218 lb so I'm dropping weight BUT I have never hit ketosis (Using test strips to check multi times a day) I do 1 hour of cardio every morning and 1 hour after work along with whatever body part it is to work on that day.

jdpeters is offline Associate Member
    Wow, that's hard core! Thats a lot of weight loss! Might need to introduce more balanced food soon.

TheOldGoat is offline New Member
    Bump I have a Dr appointment on the 13th to see about maybe something to help cut more weight and see about some labs to check on ketosis. I don't think my strips are bad and don't think you can pee wrong on a strip so lol goal is 180-190

Trevis is offline Associate Member
    No veggies at all O_o OMG!!!

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    Have you stopped loosing weight? It your diet still works dont think too much about if you're in ketosis or not. Could be bad strips, maybe you get insulinspikes of protein-shakes, they usually contain some artificial sweeteners or a little carb in them. You drink any diet coke or something that contain artificial sweeteners? Some people react on this, and if you do maybe thats enough to not get into ketosis.
    Btw, you eat nothing else than meat??

ZeroSumGainz is offline New Member
    What is your protein consumption like? Excess can be converted into glucose through the process of gluconeogenesis. It might be enough to keep you out of ketosis. Of course if you're losing weight and you're benefiting from the satiety of the diet, I wouldn't worry as much about being in ketosis or not.

Thread Information