JohnnyJim is offline Banned

Lactose intolerance: Still digesting the protein?

Hi guys.

I don't know much about lactose. I am aware though, that it's about the lack of the body's ability to digest the sugary part of milk. But does that mean that you can't digest milk's protein and carbs too?

I'm lactose intolerant. I've been a major milk drinker since forever, but I never really cared. I just wanna know if I still absorb the good stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim View Post
    Hi guys.

I don't know much about lactose. I am aware though, that it's about the lack of the body's ability to digest the sugary part of milk. But does that mean that you can't digest milk's protein and carbs too?

I'm lactose intolerant. I've been a major milk drinker since forever, but I never really cared. I just wanna know if I still absorb the good stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Lactose intolerance is when your body lacks enough or any beta galactosidase enzymes which process the galactose into glucose for your body to use. It wont stop you form using the protein in the milk but it can cause discomfort among other things. They make the enzyme OTC which you can buy and just take before taking milk.

Thread Information