ANIMAL is offline Associate Member

Digestive tract help - Allergy type symptoms out of no where

I've been dealing with digestion problems for a few years now. Even with a degree in Nutrition I'm somewhat baffled. I always use to eat dairy, gluten, nuts, soy when I was younger, 28 now. Within the past 3 years I'd say, I can't eat of that without getting serious bloat/gas/heart palpitations and constipation. I've gone down the list of things I assumed would be causing it and I just can't figure it out.

I'm currently taking in roughly 3,100 calories. 388g carbs, 220g protein and 69g fat. My fiber I've adjusted from 40g/day to 35g/day and I'm currently at 29g/day, thinking even that is too much. I take in a minimum of 1 gallon of water per day as well. With that being said, I still don't have regular bowl movements as I use to. I've tried taking a digestive enzyme - it says to take one with each meal, I eat 5 meals per day. That was making me bloated as well. I assumed that my body had to get use to the added enzymes as it could be breaking down particles that has been sitting in my intestines and that's what was causing gas and bloating and constipation, so I stopped them. Is there a certain number you should take per day and just let your body adjust?

What am I missing? I don't eat any dairy, gluten, soy or nuts. I can't even eat any vegetable without causing the same symptoms, no matter the vegetable. I was contemplating doing a 3 day juice cleanse of fruits and vegetables to flush out my system as I've never done one.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know you can grow into allergies, I just find it hard to believe. All the foods I eat are clean, here is my current diet:

Breakfast:
    2 Whole Eggs
    4 Egg whites
    2 Rudi Gluten Free Bread
    .25 cup Bob's Red Mill Oats
    .5 Banana

Meal 2 & 3:
    4oz Chicken
    13.5ml EVOO
    .75 cup White Rice

Meal 4:
    16oz Red Potato
    150g 93/7 Beef

Meal 5:
    4oz Chicken
    2 Rudi Gluten Free Bread
    1 cup White Rice
    6.75ml EVOO

Been eating this dry and clean for several years, almost think it's hurt me more then helped me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Maybe try some Greek yogurt?

Maybe you have diverticulitis?

I suggest seeing a gastro to check things out.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Maybe try some Greek yogurt?

Maybe you have diverticulitis?

I suggest seeing a gastro to check things out.
    Yogurt is dairy - can't eat dairy. I have no symptons of diverticulitis but may be a good thing to check. I have no stomach aches if I eat the way I do and stay away from the specific foods I listed. I guess the dr is my only choice at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMAL
    Yogurt is dairy - can't eat dairy. I have no symptons of diverticulitis but may be a good thing to check. I have no stomach aches if I eat the way I do and stay away from the specific foods I listed. I guess the dr is my only choice at this point.
    Why can't you eat dairy? Lactose intolerant?

Have you ever been tested for food allergies? I think you are on to something with that regard.

What supplements are you on?

Why can't you eat dairy? Lactose intolerant?

Have you ever been tested for food allergies? I think you are on to something with that regard.

What supplements are you on?
    Yes I think my next steps is blood work for those foods (Soy, peanuts, dairy, gluten, shell fish) but I don't eat any of those foods now and I still have issues with my digestive tract. I can't even eat vegetables.

Only supplements I take are allergen free vitamins, pre-workout that has no allergens and BCAA's the same.

Every time I up my calories and take in more carbs I have this issue. It's like my body can't absorb all this food and just leaves me bloated. That's why I was taking a digestive enzyme to see if that would help. I've tried probiotics too.

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMAL View Post
    Yes I think my next steps is blood work for those foods (Soy, peanuts, dairy, gluten, shell fish) but I don't eat any of those foods now and I still have issues with my digestive tract. I can't even eat vegetables.

Only supplements I take are allergen free vitamins, pre-workout that has no allergens and BCAA's the same.

Every time I up my calories and take in more carbs I have this issue. It's like my body can't absorb all this food and just leaves me bloated. That's why I was taking a digestive enzyme to see if that would help. I've tried probiotics too.
    i would def consult a physician, prob a gastro doc.

do you have any pain when eating? or after eating?

i would def consult a physician, prob a gastro doc.

do you have any pain when eating? or after eating?
    Nope, no pain after eating the diet I am currently eating. As long as I don't have any of the foods as mentioned above I'm good. But even so, I'm not having regular bowel movements and I feel like I'm not absorbing nutrients fully.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Definitely see a doc. Could be any number of things. And not worth speculating just in case it's something unpleasant.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information