Monday - chest/bicep
    Tuesday- legs
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - back/traps
    Friday- shoulders tricep
    Saturday - rest
    Sunday -rest

I kind of need a bit of help working out what cals I need to gain lean mass
    Also if someone can hel with my macros that would be great.

Also I'm not sure where to fit in abs and cardio in my routine without over doing it. Cheers in advance

uhit is offline Member
    You want to be eating 250-300 calories above maintenance.
    I've estimated your TDEE to be at 2,450. Therefore you want to be eating on a regular basis at 2700 - 2750 calories

Macro split

Protein @ 1 - 1.5g per lb of bodyweight [Ranging from 161g - 241g] {4calories per g}
    Fats @ 0.3-5g per lb of bodyweight [Ranging from 48.3g - 80.5] {9 calories per g}
    Carbs = rest {4calories per g}

See how that goes for 10 days and see if the scale goes up. If not, then bump up calories by 50 until it begins to go up. You're looking for about 0.5lb per week

Now, everyone is different so feel free to add more fats in or more carbs and vice versa as long as it allows you to hit the calorie goal.
    I just provided some baselines on what I've used (in terms of macros g/lb).

In terms of cardio and abs, doing a simple HIIT workout on say Saturday or Sunday (like sprinting for example) and finishing off with some core should be fine. If you are doing compound movements and engaging the core correctly, then you don't need to smash your core to the point that it aches like a mofo.

Good luck on your goal
    Last edited by uhit; 02-16-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    Khazima likes this.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Great breakdown uhit. Very solid advice! I might ask your age justo. Im a proponent of hitting each body part 2x a week but that is very different from person to person. Thats a great breakdown of macros above. Try to take in all your carbs pre & post workout. That should help keep the fat down.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Uhit, I just have a question out of curiosity. How did you come up with his TDEE? I, personally, know my body well enough by now to know how many calories I should be consuming, but when I first started out, I always took LBM x 15. This worked well for me. If I were to use that calculation on the OP's stats, I would put his TDEE at 2,100. Looking at your suggested TDEE for him, I would have to guess that you took his TOTAL weight x 15....or did you use another calculation? Online calculator possibly?

Just curious. Thanks!

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Uhit, I just have a question out of curiosity. How did you come up with his TDEE? I, personally, know my body well enough by now to know how many calories I should be consuming, but when I first started out, I always took LBM x 15. This worked well for me. If I were to use that calculation on the OP's stats, I would put his TDEE at 2,100. Looking at your suggested TDEE for him, I would have to guess that you took his TOTAL weight x 15....or did you use another calculation? Online calculator possibly?

Just curious. Thanks!
    Activity level. I'm using Roman's macro calculator and if he works out 4-5 times a week then it's safe to assume the activity level is not 1.2(sedentary), but instead at least 1.375. So I did that to find out his TDEE
    musclestack likes this.

Thread Information