Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    doingwork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61

    weight loss diet....

    So iam 6 foot..250 lbs and looking to lose 25-30 lbs. I have set my self on a diet of 1660 calories per day. I do cardio 6-7 days per week...some days twice a day.

    I have been doing alot of spin classes and really enjoy the hip hop cycling. Which is alot of core and upper body...

    Breakfast: 3or 4 egg whites with spinaich, mushrooms and tomatoe..
    Bannana

    Snack: core protein shake
    Berries (strawberries, raspberries, black berries, grapes, cantalope, blueberries ) it's all pretty bagged up on Sundays for the week

    Lunch: lean hamburger 93% or better or chicken
    Asparagus or brocoli
    Apple...or orange..maybe bannana

    Snack: another shake and bag of berries or apple ect.

    Dinner: repeat lunch again

    Snack: 5-7 oz turkey deli meat...piece of fruit...

    I don't know macros and most of my meat portion are around 5-7 oz or I burger.

    I'm using my fitness pal....so I know I stay under my goal.....

    Any tips or help will be appreciated! !

  2. #2
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    Do you lift as well as cardio? Your intake is quite low for a guy your size with that much cardio. You need to have some healthy fats in your diet too, don't cut them out completely, they are crucial to regulating hormones and bodily functions. I'm sure someone will chime in and guide you better then I can, but I think you will struggle from too few calories.

  3. #3
    doingwork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Do you lift as well as cardio? Your intake is quite low for a guy your size with that much cardio. You need to have some healthy fats in your diet too, don't cut them out completely, they are crucial to regulating hormones and bodily functions. I'm sure someone will chime in and guide you better then I can, but I think you will struggle from too few calories.
    I was actually lower in calories before...but my energy is pretty good.....and no I totally cut lifting out of the equation.

  4. #4
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,469
    Quote Originally Posted by doingwork
    I was actually lower in calories before...but my energy is pretty good.....and no I totally cut lifting out of the equation.
    What's your reasoning for no resistance training?

  5. #5
    doingwork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

    What's your reasoning for no resistance training?
    Trying to lose weight......I figure I'll concentrate on losing it....then adding it back later....
    Last edited by doingwork; 02-22-2015 at 04:59 PM.

  6. #6
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    Well resistance training is way better for losing bf that cardio alone. You would do better doing both, lift then do cardio after you lift. You can do cardio on non lifting days as well, but you need to lift bro.

  7. #7
    doingwork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Well resistance training is way better for losing bf that cardio alone. You would do better doing both, lift then do cardio after you lift. You can do cardio on non lifting days as well, but you need to lift bro.
    I just figured I'd try something diffrent. I usually gained/lost the 15-20 faithfully and easily every year....now that I'm 30 it's totally diffrent....way harder to lose and I'm a bit frustrated...I use to drop 5 the first week...then 3-4 the second....and consistently lose till about the 90 day mark where I would plateau...no I like totally cut carbs out....lose 4 or 5 lbs and now I'm stuck....like idk what's wrong....

    The worst thing I've done is hit chipolte for a burrito bowl.....and i had one cheat meal in two weeks....had some enchilada and rice/beans....like it shouldn't be that hard...lol

  8. #8
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    At those low calories your body is hoarding and storing calories cause it is starvation protection mode. I am 43 next month, I know it gets harder with age, but you need to find a balance. The weight you were used to losing quickly was just water mainly, weights are going to help achieve your goals faster than cardio alone. You need to figure out where your tdee and subtract 300-500 from that and go from there.

  9. #9
    doingwork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    At those low calories your body is hoarding and storing calories cause it is starvation protection mode. I am 43 next month, I know it gets harder with age, but you need to find a balance. The weight you were used to losing quickly was just water mainly, weights are going to help achieve your goals faster than cardio alone. You need to figure out where your tdee and subtract 300-500 from that and go from there.
    So less isn't better?....I don't know how to figure that out but I think it would be 2500 calories....since I'm 250 lbs....LA

    I'm really not trying to gain muscle just drop as much weight as possible as fast as possible with being totally depressed and upset/starving myself lol

  10. #10
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    I don't know what the formula is to figure it out. Try searching tdee and see what comes up. You want to lift to keep your muscle, by keeping calories so low and no lifting, your body is burning muscle mass for fuel, further lowering your metabolic rate. It is a lose lose situation, the only thing you wont lose a lot of is body fat.

  11. #11
    doingwork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    I don't know what the formula is to figure it out. Try searching tdee and see what comes up. You want to lift to keep your muscle, by keeping calories so low and no lifting, your body is burning muscle mass for fuel, further lowering your metabolic rate. It is a lose lose situation, the only thing you wont lose a lot of is body fat.
    I believe that's how the app came up with 1660 calories.......

  12. #12
    doingwork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    I don't understand how eating not enough can be bad?

    Can some one help explain.

  13. #13
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    Quote Originally Posted by doingwork
    I don't understand how eating not enough can be bad? Can some one help explain.
    because it will slow the metabolism down. Your body goes into starvation mode and will try to hold on to any fat it can to survive. Your body will also produce less testosterone to survive as well. Think about it if your starving you do not need to reproduce

  14. #14
    papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    29
    If you eat vegetables and fruits It'll help to boost up the metabolic rate.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •