LegionVon is offline New Member

"Nutritionist" Calorie intake

5'10"
    222lbs
    Male

Quick question about calorie intake. Right now I'm 222lbs and would like to drop 30 lbs. as of now I do light weight lifting and core everyday for about 20-30 mins, and job is fairly active I'm constantly on my feet for 8 hours a day walking, doing moderate heavy lifting, climbing, jumping, and tightening bolts at 90lbs torque constantly. Once I get Into routine I'll be going to the gym doing free weights for about 1 hr a day every other day and cardio for 45 mins every other day. My calorie intake as of right now is 1876 a day and about 170 to 190g of protein. I also take a multi vitamin. My question is, with the amount of exercise, and my job should I be eating more calories ?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    What is your goal?

Calories look low for your height/weight....

What bf% are you?

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Yes, calories are too low. If you starve yourself your metabolism will slow down

My bf% is 16% I think. my goal is to get to 190 and 12% bf by mid September. How many more calories should I be intaking?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    I would start off as high as you can so you have room to move when it's needed. On line calculator are just a guide to get started. Start anywhere between 2200 and 2600 cals. Then adjust as the weeks go on.

I have a calorie counter onl my phone and try suggest the 1870 a day to lose 2lbs per week, now I'm assuming they don't account or what you burn from a regular day without exercise, so would 2100 be ok?

Youl find quite a bit of wiggle room between calorie guesstimates....how many lbs a week are you losing on 1800 cals? And how are you feeling? Are you getting weaker? The same? Or stronger?

Just re reading your opening post. Stop doing light weights, honestly no point unless you are in re hab, even a beginner should be lifting relatively heavy weight. Get a solid weight routine, the choice will be dependant on your experience. Up your cals for def once you are lifting regular weights. Go for 2600 for 2 weeks, if you gain weight lower it by 200 for 2 weeks and so on until you are losing 1 or 2 lb a week.

I should have been a little clearer, it's not light weights it's just a light routine, I use to do one hour every other day with a weight that was heavy enough for me to feel the burn after my sets but not to heavy where I couldn't finish the set, but I fell out of routine for a while, so I'm trying to get back into it. I am using the same size weight I'm just doing 15-20 every day instead of an hour every other day till I get back to routine, also I'm not feeling weak just a little tired till my first break(I start work at 6 and first brack is 930-10) when I have my protein shake and beef jerky. I'm on track to losing about 2lbs a week right now, I started Monday and have already lost about a half pound. I think I'm gunna up them to 2k a day and see how that goes.
    Last edited by LegionVon; 07-01-2015 at 09:34 AM.

so you have only been dieting 3 days? lol.

anyway mate, 2k sounds better. just do what you think works.

Hahahah I just realized how ridiculous that made me sound. No I've been dieting hard since October and actually went from 235 to 209, but the. The old lady got pregnant and I fell of the wagon an gained back like 16 lbs. in just getting back into it now an have never gotten a professionals opinion about calorie intake

Blog Entries
    I feel those calories are very low even if you weren't on your feet all day i would say at least 2,500 if you wanted to be cutting you'd still yield good results

well im no professional mate! far from it.

but its simple really when you are above 10% bf (wey in theory lol) it still takes effort/will power.

id def up calories mate, and lower as you get stuck, at 2000 cals you only have few hundred calories to play with.

Thread Information