Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cutting log

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Saturday morning here in India and I had a low-calorie day yesterday. I clocked in at 171.6 which is a 1.8lb drop from last week. I am happy to see that last week was a bit unusual and this week a bit more normal. Still feeling lethargic but as I written before. Once you get used to feeling like crap it is not too bad :-) I am still not using any cutting compounds to help myself. I have used cutting compounds before and I at this point, realize what a waste that was as my diet clearly was not up to par. I mean, I am doing 100% better right now by simply sticking to something. I know it sounds obvious but unless you had this experience yourself it might be easy to take a compound even though you might not need it. Personally, I think my body fat levels previously was too high for compounds to make any difference!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Today my wife of 15 years all of a sudden looked at me in the kitchen and said, wow. 'nuff said :-) I am a happy man and still far from as ripped as I need to be, but 100% going in the right direction.

Ahhhh. That's sweet!!!

Saturday morning here in India and I had a low-calorie day yesterday. I clocked in at 171.6 which is a 1.8lb drop from last week. I am happy to see that last week was a bit unusual and this week a bit more normal. Still feeling lethargic but as I written before. Once you get used to feeling like crap it is not too bad :-) I am still not using any cutting compounds to help myself. I have used cutting compounds before and I at this point, realize what a waste that was as my diet clearly was not up to par. I mean, I am doing 100% better right now by simply sticking to something. I know it sounds obvious but unless you had this experience yourself it might be easy to take a compound even though you might not need it. Personally, I think my body fat levels previously was too high for compounds to make any difference!
    I completely understand. As the body changes have to make tweaks and find something that works better. At some point I jumped in on compounds and learned a lot.

My one huge take away is water. My body signals it wants something. I thought it was hunger. Nope. I needed more water. Water. Zero calories. Now I know the difference. One simple little gallon jug of water and down 5 lbs. and the ECY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I completely understand. As the body changes have to make tweaks and find something that works better. At some point I jumped in on compounds and learned a lot.

My one huge take away is water. My body signals it wants something. I thought it was hunger. Nope. I needed more water. Water. Zero calories. Now I know the difference. One simple little gallon jug of water and down 5 lbs. and the ECY
    Yes, the water thing I learned way back and it is incredibly helpful. I am considering adding Phentermine on the low-calorie days to see if I feel better but honestly, I am so used to feel like crap at this point it is my new normal :-) Today I have a simple HIIT session in the gym, usually only takes 20 minutes.

The main thing for me, and we say this all the time, is the consistency. I take ONE DAY AT A TIME and if I make it through that day (26 days of perfection right now) I call it a success.

Got a meeting with the modeling agency this Tuesday so I can update them on my progress. Hope to only have about 6 weeks of this left and then move into maintenance mode.

Blog Entries
    Monday morning and it's time to hit the gym. Diet during the weekend was spot on and I am still waiting for my DEXA scan results. I got to stop by again to see if it is ready. Apparently texting out the results is not possible for these guys. Did a picture comparison with a few weeks ago and fat on the lower abdomen is what is decreasing now, also some on the chest that have gone away. Overall progress is very positive.

Arete is offline Junior Member
    Sounds good if your seeing results in the mirror. Thanks for updating.

Blog Entries
    Updating my log more frequently is simply a sign of being hungry :-) I wake up hungry and go to bed hungry. I do have some Phentermine pills I will implement on low-calorie days, but that is not today as I get to pig out on 2,050kcal today, whee ha aa... Just had 3 eggs and some home made tomato coriander chutney and will soon hit the gym. Kind of a weird day here as the former president died and they declared a public holiday today which we found out last night at 11 pm.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday was a lethargy fest. I have not felt that much like shit since my last hangover and that was years ago at this point. The workout was more of an exercise in getting from one set to the next than anything else. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what caused it, but I believe the body is just saying "FEED ME YOU ****ER" or you will feel like this and yesterday was a "high" calorie day. I fell asleep around 9.30pm and was so damn restless in my sleep. My wife told me I was up at least 3 times (I remember once) just walking around like a zombie, probably looking for food. Man, HAHA, this is insane and I hope it will all be worth it or I might go postal on some poor ****er at an ATM or something :-) The crazy thing is, I AM STICKING TOO IT. Not cheated once. Maybe it is just me but next time someone comes on these forums stating that their goal is >10% body fat I am going to pretty damn honest about what it felt like for me as I am really closing in. The goal is just within reach and all I got to do is hang in there.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    What % you at now?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Yesterday was a lethargy fest. I have not felt that much like shit since my last hangover and that was years ago at this point. The workout was more of an exercise in getting from one set to the next than anything else. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what caused it, but I believe the body is just saying "FEED ME YOU ****ER" or you will feel like this and yesterday was a "high" calorie day. I fell asleep around 9.30pm and was so damn restless in my sleep. My wife told me I was up at least 3 times (I remember once) just walking around like a zombie, probably looking for food. Man, HAHA, this is insane and I hope it will all be worth it or I might go postal on some poor ****er at an ATM or something :-) The crazy thing is, I AM STICKING TOO IT. Not cheated once. Maybe it is just me but next time someone comes on these forums stating that their goal is >10% body fat I am going to pretty damn honest about what it felt like for me as I am really closing in. The goal is just within reach and all I got to do is hang in there.

Dieting is horrible! you are doing really well mate. keep up the hard work!

are you using anything to aid the fat loss? gear, fat burners?

Wow. You sound miserable. Keep up the misery.
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Small View Post
    What % you at now?
    Not sure. The DEXA scan got all ****ed up. I am going to guess below 12% but not entirely sure. Fat on the lower abs that need to go mostly, both on front and back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    are you using anything to aid the fat loss? gear, fat burners?
    I am on Test-E, 500mg/wk. I used Phentermine for the first time yesterday to aid in feeling better and will continue to use that e3d which is my low-calorie days. Nothing else except that in terms of gear.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday morning, having a low-calorie day, I took a Phentermine pill first thing in the morning. It was like night and day compared to the previous day. I actually forgot to eat until 3 pm when I had two chicken breasts. It was amazing. I even did my cardio without feeling like I was about to die. I will keep taking this on low-calorie days, so e3d, and hopefully that will aid the feeling of crapiness. Still 100% on point and now it is showing in my face that I have burned off some fat. Still that lower-abdomen (front and back) that is stubborn but I can see a difference so I will just keep on going.

Arete is offline Junior Member
    Stick with it your making progress.

Blog Entries
    Friday morning and I am having some coffee and a homemade protein bar (25g Vanilla Protein Power, 3tbsp Peanut Butter, 40ml Heavy Cream) and feel absolutely great. Yesterday I had a good shoulders/traps and triceps workout and felt energized. Had a meeting with the modeling agency updating them on my progress and things are still going as planned I told them. Did not have to remove my shirt to prove it which was good Second line on the abs is becoming more pronounced but I am still not ripped by any stretch of the imagination. It's funny, I remember Jerry Ward talking about this in a video rant of his, where he went on and on about how people think they are at a certain body fat when they are not. I am now 100% sure I was one of those people. You believe and think one thing and the data shows another.

I am 4 weeks into the Test-E supplementation so that will start to help me out a little bit from here on out, but I doubt it will be significant due to the deficit but I'll take anything at this point. I don't really feel anything until at least 5 weeks generally.

Off to the gym, LEG day my friends so it will be hard to walk home afterward ;-)

Blog Entries
    Saturday morning and I clocked in at 172 lb which means I gained 0.4 lb and considering how I felt some of the days this past week that is not exactly the kind of news one wants to have. But hey, change something (Not sure what yet) and move on. Body seems to have adjusted to this new diet very quickly and that might be it. Going to be hard to squeeze in more cardio or workout in my schedule so diet is most likely what might change. I'll think it over for a bit and post back here.
    Last edited by tarmyg; 08-01-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Modeling?!? Nice.

I remember Jerry Ward talking about this in a video rant of his, where he went on and on about how people think they are at a certain body fat when they are not. I am now 100% sure I was one of those people. You believe and think one thing and the data shows another.
    You are not alone!!!

Blog Entries
    I have been thinking about this the whole damn day. My entire 40 minutes of elliptical cardio I was thinking about. I was thinking about it while cooking and whatever else I have been doing today, this stuff is 100% occupying my mind. I really DO NOT want to add a cutting agent and I can not see a way of adding more cardio except for a few minutes here and there. Right now I have been eating, 1850, 1950, and 2050 kcal e3d so to speak.

Could my Test-E cycle be affecting my weight in this way even though I am in a massive deficit? I really do not have the experience at this time to answer that.

Maybe I'll cut 50kcal/day extra and add 20 minutes on top of those, now 40 minutes of cardio making it 60. The extra diet deficit is 2100 kcal and the added cardio is about 400 kcal extra on top of that. I mean, it's not an exact science but that should be almost one extra pound of burnt fat in a week.

Thinking out loud while writing, good or bad idea, not sure :-)

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Id say the test e could def have an effect on your weight, i mean its only .4 of a lb. The test will be kicking in about now and you could easily be holding a bit water weight due to the test e! i would give it another week before making a change.

Blog Entries
    Id say the test e could def have an effect on your weight, i mean its only .4 of a lb. The test will be kicking in about now and you could easily be holding a bit water weight due to the test e! i would give it another week before making a change.
    I'll take that advice and run with it. Thank you :-)

Blog Entries
    Sunday evening and I made it through another weekend sticking to it perfectly. I realize that some of the guys here do this stuff in their sleep but for me, not having a single cheat is pretty ****ing huge. As stated above I am not changing anything this week since, correctly assumed the Test-E is starting to kick in ever so slowly. Spent 45 minutes today doing home made protein bars and I must say, they are amazing. Great to keep in the freezer in case of a crunch. Got 4 min of Tabata left to do tonight but that is it and after that its good night :-) The most frustrating thing thus far is honest that I do not even have the energy to play with my 5-year old and she is such an active girl. Only got some badminton done but that's it.

Blog Entries
    Monday afternoon and it's another day of feeling like crap. Yeah, said it before and I'll say it again, it is my new state of mind. I can not even remember what it feels like to get up off the couch and not feel dizzy and like, wow, that was too fast. It really is constant. That I am actually pushing through my workouts and staying on the same weights is not something I can even explain but apparently I am. Just had a cup of coffee and a homemade protein bar and looking forward to some chicken tonight. Yum, never had chicken before ;-) Too be honest, my wife could wrap up deep fried dogshit in a bun and I would think it is delicious. When I ever reach my goal I am going to make damn sure I somewhat stay there because someone could not pay me enough money in the world to go through this bullshit again!

What's the end goal mate?

You are doing excellent! Keep your head up its tough dieting, I struggle with the diet daily, don't think I could do what you are doing.

Blog Entries
    What's the end goal mate?

You are doing excellent! Keep your head up its tough dieting, I struggle with the diet daily, don't think I could do what you are doing.
    It's a photoshoot for a modeling job, underwear (I am one of many obviously, but they needed a white guy in India so). The goal is to looked somewhat ripped, not stage ripped of course. There is no real percentage goal as it is all about what it looks like so I look every damn day in the mirror and ask my wife if there is a change and, clearly, it looks better but still way to go!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    sounds like you are getting it!

what does your daily diet look like now?

still at 35P/65F?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    sounds like you are getting it!

what does your daily diet look like now?

still at 35P/65F?
    Today was a "high" calorie day so I am eating around 2050kcal, just clicked "Complete This Entry" on MyFitnessPal and it broke down like this today: Totals: 2,034kcal, Carbs: 29g, Fat: 121g, Protein: 211g

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Today was a "high" calorie day so I am eating around 2050kcal, just clicked "Complete This Entry" on MyFitnessPal and it broke down like this today: Totals: 2,034kcal, Carbs: 29g, Fat: 121g, Protein: 211g
    gotcha!

that is pretty much what i will be eating at all week

Blog Entries
    Low-calorie day and got meetings all day long. Will have to squeeze in the workout very late in the day which I hate but since I did not get up at 5 am that is what I'll have to do. Back day and 40 minutes of cardio on the schedule. Since it is a low-calorie day I took Phentermine this morning. It seems to make a good difference these days, but I need a whole 37.5 pill for it to work for me even though I am only taking it e3d. I realize many of my posts come across as whining, but I am simply trying to describe how this experience is for me, personally and should anyone want to do the same (I know many have) they might expect this!

Blog Entries
    14h workday and I am missing my workout today for the first time since starting this. No way to make it up so just suck it up and move on.

14h workday and I am missing my workout today for the first time since starting this. No way to make it up so just suck it up and move on.
    You probably need it mate! you are pushing yourself hard at the min, i wouldnt worry about missing one session, especially after a 14 hour shift!

Blog Entries
    Got up at 7 am this morning, hungry as hell. Grabbed a homemade protein bar and some coffee, got my daughters and wife's lunch ready and when they left I hit the gym for a LISS treadmill session. I am a bit confused here, and maybe someone who has done this before can confirm, but the lethargy is truly insane. I had to lower the speed of the treadmill to get through my 40 minutes and I was close to just jump off several times. I completed, but it was quite the effort! There are not enough caffeine pills in the world to make up for the tiredness and lethargy at this point and I am honestly not sure it is normal? I know it is because of the caloric deficit, obviously but is this really the way it is supposed to feel? I can not even fathom the pro bodybuilders and such who go through this shit constantly. Must be insane?!?

What's your micronutrient intake? How many cals under maintenance are you? Are you still 65/30/5 keto? What's your re feed day look like and how often?

Maybe post up in the competitive diet/training section as there are a few guys cutting for shows right now.

Blog Entries
    What's your micronutrient intake? How many cals under maintenance are you? Are you still 65/30/5 keto? What's your re feed day look like and how often?

Maybe post up in the competitive diet/training section as there are a few guys cutting for shows right now.
    I am still eating PFC 30/65/5 and I am not re-feeding anything as of yet. I have only stalled for one week so I am, taking your suggestion (and the advice of my amazing PT) to not change anything this week. I will most likely have to drop the PT this month due to financial reasons, but his help have been invaluable to me, especially from an accountability standpoint. I am, depending on the day ~650-950 under maintenance. I'll take your suggestion to post in the competitive area if it is not working out this week with a drop. That area is intimidating as **** to me :-) Kind of like Marcus300 thread!

To be honest mate if you are training weights you should really be doing a ckd not a straight keto diet. Get a re feed planned, itl help you loads!

Blog Entries
    Thursday morning and sitting here with a black cup of coffee and a homemade protein bar. Last one I got, back to some eggs after this I think as I getting a bit tired of this concoction. Delts & Triceps on the schedule with HIIT cardio after that.

Blog Entries
    Quick update. The gym is having renovations until Sunday so I will have to use my local housing complex gym which sucks, but it's better than nothing and they do have treadmills so NO EXCUSE to not get shit done.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like you are making good progress and are very motivated. I will keep following your log. Have you taken before pics so you can do a compare pic at the end?

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there white man in India!!LOL Diet is the toughest thing to do in this game its usually what separates most guys from the average Joe. Good Luck and keep your chin tucked.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information