Stay1994 is offline New Member

Need advise and help please

Hi guys,
    I am a 20 year old women and I had a baby 3 and a half months ago. I am 5ft 5.7 inches with a BMI of 27.1 kg. Before I had my son I was 9 stone 5 pound but due to really bad eating habits I'm 11 stone 12.8 pound. The main reason I'm looking to loose weight is due to a medical condition I have called PCOS( Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) . Doctors have reccomended I loose weight and quick because if I don't I could end up with serous heart disease or Diabetes for the rest of my life. If anyone could help me with a diet I could go on to decrease my weight quickly it would mean a lot !! Thanks

BulldogMatt is offline Junior Member
    Hello,
    I would start at checking what your BMR and TdEE are and start just counting the calories and lifting weights 4-5 times a week for 45-60 minutes. The best diet for preventing diabetes is moderate slow carbs (low GI) and eating frequently 5-6 times a day to keep the blood sugar levels steady.

You have just gone through an amazing yet very taxing part of your life with hormonal changes so I would take it slowly doing one thing at a time. Prepare for cheat meals by under eating the day before and earlier on the day, so you can use the saved calories. Don't put yourself on a more than 20% calorie deficit relative to your TdEE. Forget cardiovascular stuff first, weigh lifting should be way more beneficial first. Hope this helps.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay1994 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am a 20 year old women and I had a baby 3 and a half months ago. I am 5ft 5.7 inches with a BMI of 27.1 kg. Before I had my son I was 9 stone 5 pound but due to really bad eating habits I'm 11 stone 12.8 pound. The main reason I'm looking to loose weight is due to a medical condition I have called PCOS( Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) . Doctors have reccomended I loose weight and quick because if I don't I could end up with serous heart disease or Diabetes for the rest of my life. If anyone could help me with a diet I could go on to decrease my weight quickly it would mean a lot !! Thanks
    Congrats on the baby!!! If you are breast feeding, that will help you burn calories!!!

Here's some links to sticky's at the top of this sub forum
    http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...1-cutting.html
    http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...ent-chart.html
    http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...formation.html

Unlike the previous member, I suggest cardio if your body is recovered from the birth. Cardio and weight resistance training to lose fat and start gaining muscle. if you can do both!

I think you daily intake may be around 1600 calories. Macro split of 40p/30f/30c is a good place to start. You can make tweaks along the way!

After reading the first 2 sticky's let us know what you need help with.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Do you exercise? If so what is your usual weekly routine? It will have a baring on your dietary makeup.

Low GI is a good diet for diabetes yes but it is also good for those with PCOS. You'll need to eat at a certain level for a week or 2 and see how your weight changes then make adjustments accordingly.

Did you get your vitamin D levels tested?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Back in Black….heres' the answer to the workout question.
    Any Advice or Help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Do you exercise? If so what is your usual weekly routine? It will have a baring on your dietary makeup.

Low GI is a good diet for diabetes yes but it is also good for those with PCOS. You'll need to eat at a certain level for a week or 2 and see how your weight changes then make adjustments accordingly.

Did you get your vitamin D levels tested?

Thread Information