workinprogress21 is offline Junior Member

Macro split and timing

Currently cutting on 2200 cals, my split is 40/40/20 (p/c/f) which works out to be 220g of protein, 220g of carbs, and 49g of fat. A majority of my carbs are going to be coming from brown rice, here's my question though: does it really matter when I eat? For example, my workouts are at 5 AM and I eat 50g of carbs after. I don't feel like eating the rest of my carbs until that evening (8 or 9 pm) hypothetically. Will it make a difference in my results? I keep hearing that so long as I hit my macros with clean foods I'll be fine, but I thought I'd ask you all here for your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    This has been a huge debate for a long time now. Here is what I will tell you. If you are planning to cut I would split your meals up and eat more meals more often cause otherwise you will finish your last meal and get so hungry in the evening you won't be able to sleep. I like to have between 6-7 meals ed. 7 is perfect for me so I never have to go more than 3 hrs without food

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    This has been a huge debate for a long time now. Here is what I will tell you. If you are planning to cut I would split your meals up and eat more meals more often cause otherwise you will finish your last meal and get so hungry in the evening you won't be able to sleep. I like to have between 6-7 meals ed. 7 is perfect for me so I never have to go more than 3 hrs without food
    And split the carbs evenly? Also, carb portions in the evening would be fine so long as I'm hitting my targets? Thanks for the prompt response.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadi1
    And split the carbs evenly? Also, carb portions in the evening would be fine so long as I'm hitting my targets? Thanks for the prompt response.
    yes here is what I do. I take my daily amounts and divide them by the meals I am eating them. Then weigh my food out and it's easy. So all 7 meals have protein so divide protein by 7. First 4 meals have carbs so divide carbs by 4. Last 3 meals protein greens and fats

yes here is what I do. I take my daily amounts and divide them by the meals I am eating them. Then weigh my food out and it's easy. So all 7 meals have protein so divide protein by 7. First 4 meals have carbs so divide carbs by 4. Last 3 meals protein greens and fats
    Why is it that you don't have carbs your last few meals? If you don't mind me asking, ofcourse

Why is it that you don't have carbs your last few meals? If you don't mind me asking, ofcourse
    I just do it that way so I have the bulk of my energy during the day when I am more active. I don't like to eat the carbs before bed. It's just the way that works for me. There are many other people that like to split things evenly through the whole day. I like the fats at night before bed cause they give me the feeling of being full

I just do it that way so I have the bulk of my energy during the day when I am more active. I don't like to eat the carbs before bed. It's just the way that works for me. There are many other people that like to split things evenly through the whole day. I like the fats at night before bed cause they give me the feeling of being full
    Okay,I see. Thanks for the extremely quick responses lol, I'm going to revamp my diet.

Okay,I see. Thanks for the extremely quick responses lol, I'm going to revamp my diet.
    post it up,and let's take a look. In the nutrition section there is a great thread called what are you eating right now. Check out that thread will give you some ideas

post it up,and let's take a look. In the nutrition section there is a great thread called what are you eating right now. Check out that thread will give you some ideas
    yeah I've seen the thread, I'm going to start posting there religiously. My diet is basically all brown rice, fibrous veggies and chicken breast and quest bars. If I get bored I might use sweet potato instead of rice or turkey instead of chicken but you get the idea. I've never really been one to follow meal timing protocols, I cook up all of my food for the day, just Divide it equally into 6 meals and eat when I'm hungry basically. I'll leave enough room in my macros for a quest bar, too

Thread Information