Terinox is offline The One & Only

Too Much Water ???

I know everyone says drink plenty of water, and I try my best to drink as much as possible. But is there such a thing as too much water??? I mean, taking a piss every 30 mins is very annoying, but other then that, can it actually be harmful in any way at all? I just starting thinking that drinking one water bottle (500ml) per hour (within that hour) it's plenty enough for the day.

So let's say I do this for a 12 hour day, i'll be drinking 500ml X 12 hours which would turn out to be 6 litres. Is this any good???

Thnx
    Terinox

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I always drink 6 litres of water a day when dieting, but any other time I include milk or juice to make up for about half of my liquid consumption.

The water helps flush out your kidney's and the more water you drink the less water you retain

But It's not mandatory that you drink 6L of water a day!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Drink as much as you feel comfortable with.If you are only drinking water during the day 6 litres really is not that much.

Your urine should be colourless and odourless as this is meant to mean your body is fully hydrated which is what we all want.Also remember when you are thirsty that is usally the first indication of de-hydration.

The peeing does stop as your body will get used to consuming that much fluid.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    6 litres is 1.5 gallons. I would say that 1 gallon per day is absolute minimum. 2 gallons is probably closer to where you should be. Most serious lifters bring a bottle to the gym and drink about a gallon while training!! Flex Wheeler is known to have downed 6-8 gallons per day when leading up to a show. One thing to look for is this...your urine should always be clear (no color).

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Alright cool, thnx.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    Its ok , we all pee all the time .... i drink 1 gallon a day around ...
    i never find i can go 45 mins without peeing unless im asleep you actually can drink too much water and can be a strain on the kidneys or you can internally drown your self ... but alcohol has to included in the equation too.

vinh is offline Junior Member
    dam i can only think of drinking 2 liters a day but more then 6 litres... god damit.... are you sure about yous drinking it or faking it, if so thne i must really start drinking

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Yup real fer me.. I drink anywhere from 1 to 2 gals a day. The Kentwood guy loves seeing me.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I drink 2 a day. Better go get a drink Vinh. And yes Vinh, pee when you have to pee.

Originally posted by arthurb999
    I drink 2 a day. Better go get a drink Vinh. And yes Vinh, pee when you have to pee.
    I thought I was the only one who remembered that post!

Getting back to the drinking water issue. Drinking plenty of water in a day is definitely beneficial, but believe it or not, I have actually heard of people who drink water in order to get high. No Shit. I was watching 60 minutes or 20/20 or some damn show like that and there are actually people who purposely pollute themselves with gallons and gallons of water. Something to do with the oxygen content or some such thing. Anyway these people ended up with swollen bladders, prostate problems and all kinds of other things wrong with them. So now what? New anti water campaigns "Just say NO to H2O". To answer your question water is great but don't get nuts. Personally I don't think you’re in risk of these problems, because most people don't drink near enough. Just a little different angle!

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by arthurb999

LMAO nice memory Officer
    What happens here, stays here

Thread Information