How to calculate home made rice puff macro

So ya i just learned this awesome recipe of making puffed rice. So i know how much rice weighs, but the tricky part is that i have to put the rice in a pot full of oil for 5 seconds. How can i estimate the amount of fat in there?

I m following this recipe https://youtu.be/joy3prllz3s

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Unless you are weighing the amount of oil before and after its impossible I would think.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

skaz915 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Unless you are weighing the amount of oil before and after its impossible I would think.
    Yep or measuring the volume. You could also weigh the rice before and after There really is no way to know how much the rice is absorbing.

Great idea, i ll try both. Measuring the rice before and after. And oil, before and after. I think the rice before and after will be way more accurate

This tastes so gd

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    read an article yesterday that adding a little coconut oil actually lowers the calorie content of rice.

This cooking method drastically cuts rice's calorie count | Fox News

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    read an article yesterday that adding a little coconut oil actually lowers the calorie content of rice. This cooking method drastically cuts rice's calorie count | Fox News
    Interesting. I wonder what is the significant of putting rice in refrigerator after it is cooked???

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what is the significant of putting rice in refrigerator after it is cooked???
    It slows the cooking process that normally continues for quite a while in food after you take it off the stove and (according to the paper they wrote) "after the rice was done cooking, the researchers refrigerated it for 12 hours. This part is essential, the scientists say, because the cooling process expels the digestible part of the starch; once outside the rice granules, the molecules form strong bonds, turning them into indigestible starch. The amount of indigestible starch didn't change when the rice was later reheated." (Cook Rice Differently To Reduce Its Calories | Popular Science)

Feel like a Google Ninja today

Not sure how useful this is to the average person until some standard way of doing this is established (Which probably will mean processed rice). Exactly how is someone suppose to know the macros of the prepared product using this method?

~t

Thread Information