Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member

Food is Medicine!

Does anyone have any experiences with a straight up "whole food"/non-animal fat/protein diet???
    I recently seen a special on the diff ways our diet can effect our health. I def think that with the right diet we as human can cut out 90% or more of our prescribed medications or reverse the original health problems that needed the medications... This subject is fairly new to me and would appreciate any comments or feed back about what is the correct food pyramid,, not what the FDA is paid to post. Yes they get kick backs from big food companys to say we need a specific amount of their food. There's no secret to that...

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh_112
    Does anyone have any experiences with a straight up "whole food"/non-animal fat/protein diet??? I recently seen a special on the diff ways our diet can effect our health. I def think that with the right diet we as human can cut out 90% or more of our prescribed medications or reverse the original health problems that needed the medications... This subject is fairly new to me and would appreciate any comments or feed back about what is the correct food pyramid,, not what the FDA is paid to post. Yes they get kick backs from big food companys to say we need a specific amount of their food. There's no secret to that...
    not sure what you mean? The only food I eat is from the produce and meat departments of the supermarket besides Ezekiel bread which is sprouted grains. What kind of food are you referring to?

Whole foods, meaning not processed or manufactured. Fruits, Veg, Grains and Nuts. No dairy or animal protein/fat. They said that even though cow milk is alkaline, when humans digest it causes our bodys to become acidic. Ive read about keeping our bodies PH level more alkiline.

It was said by "Socrates" 2000 years ago, "Let food be thy medicine."

Whole foods, meaning not processed or manufactured. Fruits, Veg, Grains and Nuts. No dairy or animal protein/fat. They said that even though cow milk is alkaline, when humans digest it causes our bodys to become acidic. Ive read about keeping our bodies PH level more alkiline.
    right that's all I eat is whole foods. No dairy either. I have worn contacts and glasses for years and each year when I go in and gave my eye exam they are lowering my prescription cause my vision is improving. Not really sure why but I bet my nutrition helps

It was said by "Socrates" 2000 years ago, "Let food be thy medicine."
    think about it that's the way the cave men ate back in the day

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh_112 View Post

I absolutely agree w/this... I eat nothing but whole foods, fresh veggies, fruits, nuts(unsalted), olive/avocado oils etc...

Since switching to this diet and strictly... my overall health has increased(via BW) greatly, energy, you name it its gotten better!

Hopefully my eyes will improve aswell after yrs of doing this... But not yet, I'm sure it defo has something to do w/your nutrition, Bio!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I absolutely agree w/this... I eat nothing but whole foods, fresh veggies, fruits, nuts(unsalted), olive/avocado oils etc... Since switching to this diet and strictly... my overall health has increased(via BW) greatly, energy, you name it its gotten better! Hopefully my eyes will improve aswell after yrs of doing this... But not yet, I'm sure it defo has something to do w/your nutrition, Bio!
    I have never felt better. We do not need all that garbage in our nutrition plans

What are your main sources of protein fellas?

chicken is my main source. I do eat a little fish and red meat but only 2 times ew at most. The only protein shake I have is casein before bed. I would get rid of it but it tastes like a choc mil shake and it is my treat every night before bed

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I've also never felt better! Can't wait to reap the rewards in yrs to come!

Chicken is my go to as well(usually about 30oz a day In 5-6 meals) not counting my egg whites(12-15 day), sweet potatoes, brown rice, steamed broccoli cauliflower asparagus, apples, bananas, casein and two small wheys a day

Love my casein milk shk at night too

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I've also never felt better! Can't wait to reap the rewards in yrs to come! Chicken is my go to as well(usually about 30oz a day In 5-6 meals) not counting my egg whites(12-15 day), sweet potatoes, brown rice, steamed broccoli cauliflower asparagus, apples, bananas, casein and two small wheys a day Love my casein milk shk at night too
    lmao you and I almost have the exact same nutrition program

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    lmao you and I almost have the exact same nutrition program
    I know, right! Ever since I started loggin my meals I've noticed almost identical(black & white) prob a few tweaks on either of our parts depending on our individual goals! hey it helps keep me on track, as I know you've been doing it longer...

skaz915 is offline Member
    Does anyone have any experiences with a straight up "whole food"/non-animal fat/protein diet???
    I recently seen a special on the diff ways our diet can effect our health. I def think that with the right diet we as human can cut out 90% or more of our prescribed medications or reverse the original health problems that needed the medications... This subject is fairly new to me and would appreciate any comments or feed back about what is the correct food pyramid,, not what the FDA is paid to post. Yes they get kick backs from big food companys to say we need a specific amount of their food. There's no secret to that...
    Agreed BUT disagree with not eating meat, especially with our lifestyle. I've always used the example of if you cut your finger, naturally your body will heal it although some may take longer than others. Using that mentality that your body has the power to heal itself why would it not apply to your inner body (tissue, organs, cells etc..)? I believe diet is 90% of your body maintaining homeostasis.

Thread Information