Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty51312

Thread: Training at night, then sleeping right after hunger pains etc... Questions

blakegains is offline Junior Member

Training at night, then sleeping right after hunger pains etc... Questions

What's up guys? So I've been training late at night because I have a hard time waking up early in the morning. I work from 9-8 most days of the week and am in my garage gym by 9 most nights except for Friday's and Sunday's when I'm off and I can train earlier in the evening. By the time I'm done training it's usually around 1030-11 depending on what time I started. I drink my post shake with protein and fast carbs then I have to get in bed and I can fall asleep pretty fast. If I don't get in bed right after im done I won't get 8 hours of sleep like we're suppose to because I have to get up around 7.

So my question is, how should my food intake be since I'm working out so late and going to sleep right after and slowing my metabolism? I wake every night around 2a.m and am ravenous, I usually go for a peanut butter and honey on 1 piece of whole grain bread. If I'm not too zonked out ill drink BCAA With it. Should I not do this? I'm meticulous about my diet during the day, but I'm unsure how I should approach this nighttime eating thing. I'm afraid that if I don't eat anything when I wake up starving my muscles won't grow, and at the same time I want to shed some excess body fat. I probably have a good 10 pounds to lose. I've dropped from 214 to 199 in the past 12 weeks but my weight loss has slowed now ( I'm 6.0 and 28 ). I'm getting much stronger each week and body composition has gotten a lot better, but I have a stubborn band of belly fat and some stubborn titty fat that is pissing me off. It's going away, just very slowly.

This what my typical day looks like
    7:30 Morning smoothie containing
    1/2 cup oats, half avocado or almonds, 23 grams of blend protein, and fast carb fruit like cantelope.

10 a.m 3 hard boiled eggs with one yolk. Piece of whike grain toast.

12-1 lunch 12 oz of protein, 8oz of greens, rice or sweet potatoe.

3 p.m usually tuna and a serving of almonds

5pm. Same as lunch but switch my protein up.

7pm peanut butter on toast ( 2 tablespoons of pb )

9pm pre-workout protein shake ( 23g )
    Workout
    Post workout protein shake with dextrose.

Then I'm asleep within the hour... Around 11-1130 .... Wake up around 2a.m starving and will eat more pb with toast.

I train 5 days a week and calculated my TDEE around 2200. But this can change depending on how busy I am at work.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    try adding some fat to your shake. Natty peanutbutter might be good
    blakegains likes this.

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    I can't sleep if I workout late... It's hard to get any rest at all

Quote Originally Posted by bsh View Post
    I can't sleep if I workout late... It's hard to get any rest at all
    I work such long hours luckily Im pretty pooped after lifting hard

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    try adding some fat to your shake. Natty peanutbutter might be good
    Thanks man, added only a tablespoon of pb and didn't wake up once! Appreciate it!

Thread Information