Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Pre and Post workout meals, What do you eat first? Carb or protein? Does it matter?

BigMan65 is offline Associate Member

Pre and Post workout meals, What do you eat first? Carb or protein? Does it matter?

Suppose one is scheduled for breakfast at 6 AM and workout at 7:15 AM

Should one eat his oatmeal first and then eat the eggs? .... It seems the carbs would digest first, providing energy for the workout, and by the time the workout was over the proteins would be right on time for refueling/rebuilding.

And alternatively, suppose one is done working out and is due for a post-workout meal around 9 AM

Should the order be the same? or perhaps this time around, the protein first and then carb?

Or does it really matter?

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think it matters, I always eat my eggs first, no reason, it is just habit. It's all going to the same place at almost the same time so it shouldn't make a difference.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's highly unlikely it makes any difference. Food doesn't wait in the queue for it's turn to be digested lol.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^ agreed! I always do eggs(whites and beaters, oats or Ezekiel/Daves killer seed bread and a shk and fruit for pre/& post I'll have another whey shk w/banana, 8-10 egg whites/beater w/lil cheese, oats or more toast depending the time... Or just go to chicken(try avging about 30oz of chicken(salmon/red meat/tuna a couple Xs wkly) over 5 meals) sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli/asparagus/or cauliflower...
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-31-2015 at 05:53 AM.
    DCI likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I wake and train so I have a scoop of casein, scoop of whey, and 1/2 cup oats with a couple cups of coffee in a shake and head to the gym. I have a scoop of whey and 1/3 cup of oats after I train then come home and cook breakfast. I have a couple eggs, 3.5oz of chicken, 3/4 cup oats with nuts, protein peanut butter, craisens, hemp seed, frozen fruit, and cinnamon. I have all of this by 7-730am, I start eating lunches around 10:30 then 1:30-2 eat my second lunch.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65
    Suppose one is scheduled for breakfast at 6 AM and workout at 7:15 AM Should one eat his oatmeal first and then eat the eggs? .... It seems the carbs would digest first, providing energy for the workout, and by the time the workout was over the proteins would be right on time for refueling/rebuilding. And alternatively, suppose one is done working out and is due for a post-workout meal around 9 AM Should the order be the same? or perhaps this time around, the protein first and then carb? Or does it really matter?
    eggs and oatmeal is a staple breakfast and it doesn't matter the order you eat them

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    no order shouldnt matter much

ggerman is offline Junior Member
    Coffee and quest bar. 20 min before work out.

Thread Information