Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty51312

Thread: Keto diet and testosterone

  1. #1
    edmondle's Avatar
    edmondle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Stralia
    Posts
    135

    Keto diet and testosterone

    Hi guys want to start a cycle sometime mid this year, I thought Is better to drop my bf% a little before I start me first cycle.

    Ppl keeps telling me how good the keto diet is, so I gave it a try, right now I'm the 5th to 6th week already lost around 3kg. I basically only eat 100g to 150g cooked white rice before workout all other meals are like eggs chicken steak fish with either steam veggies or salad.

    Before I start keto diet I got a blood test done, my total test was 18.3, and free test was 430, last week I had another blood test done due to stressed and lack of energy, the result was shocking, my total test went down to 13.3 and my free test is down to 275.

    Is it comment or did I do something wrong? I do eat fats, but not a lot, just try to cut as much as possible right now I'm like 18% body fat I want to cut down to 13%-15%

    I train 4 days a week, everyday 1.5 hours weights and 30 mins cardio

    Thanks heaps

  2. #2
    coyotehunter is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    64
    Interested in what everyone had to say. I did keto this past summer for 4 months and had great energy the whole time and lost about 35lbs. Never did blood work or anything though. Good luck man it's hard as hell to sustain

  3. #3
    edmondle's Avatar
    edmondle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Stralia
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by coyotehunter
    Interested in what everyone had to say. I did keto this past summer for 4 months and had great energy the whole time and lost about 35lbs. Never did blood work or anything though. Good luck man it's hard as hell to sustain
    A little disappointed, can't find a better way to lose fat, I'm already doing cardio everyday

  4. #4
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,306
    Quote Originally Posted by edmondle
    A little disappointed, can't find a better way to lose fat, I'm already doing cardio everyday
    Are you counting every single thing you are putting in your mouth?

  5. #5
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,870
    You might wanna show us your current diet first. Also you're not going to get to true ketosis eating 150g of rice a day. Read the threads on cyclic ketogenic diets. Even eating mostly proteins and fats its almost impossible to to avoid incidental carbs.

    Also 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week isn't enough. I'm cutting at the moment down from just under 20% (yes I've been lazy, but also injured.) And i'm doing cardio 7 days a week.

    Have you figured you're TDEE? Are you creating at least a 500 calorie calorie deficit every day?
    RaginCajun likes this.

  6. #6
    edmondle's Avatar
    edmondle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Stralia
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312
    You might wanna show us your current diet first. Also you're not going to get to true ketosis eating 150g of rice a day. Read the threads on cyclic ketogenic diets. Even eating mostly proteins and fats its almost impossible to to avoid incidental carbs. Also 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week isn't enough. I'm cutting at the moment down from just under 20% (yes I've been lazy, but also injured.) And i'm doing cardio 7 days a week. Have you figured you're TDEE? Are you creating at least a 500 calorie calorie deficit every day?

    Use to do more workouts, 6 days a week than dropped to 5, but I felt hard to recover if I train more than 4 days a week. If I'm not in ketosis, but at least it's a low carb diet yea? How do ppl use this kinda diet? I'm quite surprised

  7. #7
    edmondle's Avatar
    edmondle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Stralia
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    Are you counting every single thing you are putting in your mouth?
    To be honest mate, I really don't eat much or use another word don't really put much stuff in my mouth, just 3 meal and 2 shakes, no snack or even fruit

  8. #8
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,306
    Quote Originally Posted by edmondle View Post
    To be honest mate, I really don't eat much or use another word don't really put much stuff in my mouth, just 3 meal and 2 shakes, no snack or even fruit
    so how do you know how much of each macro you are consuming?

    i use myfitnesspal

  9. #9
    jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    211
    Do you have any real stats on your age, weight calorie intake etc.? myfitnesspal is an outstanding resource to use. Also, please consider brown rice and stay away from the white rice. Even though the GI is quite close, they are worlds apart on the reaction to the body and storing excess calories which leads to the overproduction of body fat. Quite frankly I don't see how you aren't gaining weight. If possible, please include your stats, and your basic information.

  10. #10
    coyotehunter is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by edmondle View Post
    A little disappointed, can't find a better way to lose fat, I'm already doing cardio everyday
    I had a decent amount of fat to lose when I did this. I would definitely be tracking what you eat and using ketosis strips every few days to check for ketones in your urine to see that you are in ketosis. When I was doing keto I was eating on average 15 grams of carbs a day and that was directly pre and post workout. Most people say under 50 will keep you in ketosis but it varies by person (generally 30~80 seems to be the range most people can stay in at). Protein also can knock you out of ketosis if you have to much because in the absence of carbs your body breaks it down to glucose for fuel.

    I honestly wouldnt be worried about your fat intake during this diet because that could really kill your energy levels. My rule of thumb was to eat when I was hungry but never till I was full and ALWAYS keep pepperonis in my bag to snack on whenever I started to get hungry, 7 or 8 pieces later I was ready to go. I often only ate 1 or 2 real meals a day and hovered around 1300 - 1500 calories a day and worked out 6 days a week.

    Start tracking your foods for a week or so and see what your carb intake is like and when you get it around 50 for a week or so check for ketones. As far as your blood results I am not sure what is going on with that, I never had blood work while I was on keto

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •