Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CanadaStrong88

Thread: fat loss plateau...

CanadaStrong88 is offline Junior Member

fat loss plateau...

Hey guys. I've been cutting by carb cycling for a few months now, and it's been going well. Down from 204 to 177 but strength is the same (I record every workout).

last week I noticed that my weight was stuck around 177. Macros for most of the cut were 49fat 150 carbs 275 protein, then my low carb days, and my refeed. I was lifting 5 times per week and doing 25 mins of HIIT fasted cardio 5x per week.

Approx a week ago today I dropped my carbs to 120 grams on the moderate carb days and upped my cardio to 45 mins. I also added in the ephedrine caffeine stack. However, I'm still stuck at the same weight. Any thoughts or ideas why I can't bust through this plateau?

uhit is offline Member
    Whenever I face a plateau I just hit my rough maintenance calories for a week then drop back down. Not sure on the science of it, but it seems to work for me (strong broscience). Possibly something to do with leptin levels etc.

Also, don't worry about the scale. Look at the mirror more. You could be dropping body fat and maybe gaining a small amount of lean muscle.

BigMan65 is offline Associate Member
    Canada, im also doing the carb cycling diet right now, today is around day 41. So far I have gained 5 lbs, oddly.

Im no expert, actually probably the least informed person in this forum regarding nutrition. None the less, I would encourage you to view fat loss and weight loss as two entirely different things.

I would image that if a BB'er so desired, he could probably up his calories, gear, clen , and cardio: gain 10 lbs, and still be dropping his BF % ? I could be wrong, but it seems possible.

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65 View Post
    Canada, im also doing the carb cycling diet right now, today is around day 41. So far I have gained 5 lbs, oddly.

Im no expert, actually probably the least informed person in this forum regarding nutrition. None the less, I would encourage you to view fat loss and weight loss as two entirely different things.

I would image that if a BB'er so desired, he could probably up his calories, gear, clen, and cardio: gain 10 lbs, and still be dropping his BF % ? I could be wrong, but it seems possible.
    Its been reported that a reasonable dosage of hgh and some good old tren while eating at maintenance/slight deficit sheds bodyfat and builds lean tissue.. aka recomps. So yeah it is possible, but optimal? no.

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post

Its been reported that a reasonable dosage of hgh and some good old tren while eating at maintenance/slight deficit sheds bodyfat and builds lean tissue.. aka recomps. So yeah it is possible, but optimal? no.
    Yeah lol especially as I'm 100%natural so definitely no hgh or tren haha! Yes I know look in mirror more, thing is my abs look washed out and not dry like my shoulders. I have veins in my lower abs but just can't get the abs or my back to lean out.

Do you guys think I should maybe just drop the cardio for a week?? Or up my carbs next week and maybe don't do the low carb days? Not sure which way to go to kind of 'reset'.

I just find it crazy how the body can retain this weight. Thurs Fri and Sat I eat approx 1700 cals (low carb days) where all my cals are from fat protein and incidental carbs (from veggies or protein powders or whatever) and I burn near 700 cals on the treadmill first thing upon waking. that leaves about 1k cals to sustain lol

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    ^^^Maybe thats your problem, eating to little...i am 196.6 down from 210lbs and eat 2200 calories while loosing BF...1700 seems low to me my wife is 146.6lbs and diets on 1600 calories...

What i would do is pig out for 3 - 5 days and then drop back down to 1900-2000 calories and see what happens, your body will not reset itself by eating 2500calories of rice and chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    ^^^Maybe thats your problem, eating to little...i am 196.6 down from 210lbs and eat 2200 calories while loosing BF...1700 seems low to me my wife is 146.6lbs and diets on 1600 calories...

What i would do is pig out for 3 - 5 days and then drop back down to 1900-2000 calories and see what happens, your body will not reset itself by eating 2500calories of rice and chicken...
    Hmm interesting. And what of cardio?

I'll finish off today as my last low carb day and eat 3500 or so for 3 days and see what happens. I'll post back in here on Thursday and see what happens. Thanks man.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Thread Information