Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: Prep diet thoughts

GingerbeardJ is offline Associate Member

Prep diet thoughts

Hey everyone! So I just wanted to post my prep diet and just get some opinions from the vets on it. I have a coach and I'm definitely not questioning him in anyway just like hearing other opinions and learning as much as I can! Thanks guys!!

Right now macros are 300p carb cycling at 300, 200, 100 and right now not taking in any access fat besides on beef or turkey meal. So the fats are normally around 30 to 40g a day.

I don't count my pwo shake for macros and most of my protein sources are chicken egg whites and tuna.
    Carbs are oats, rice, sweet potato.

I'm just under 6 weeks out from the show, doing men's physique it'll be my first competition.

Looking to hear everyone's feedback and opinion! Thanks all!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I do not like the fat choices and think its a bit light, i prefer to get mine from omega 3 sources, flaxseed oil and / or fish oils.

high carb days seem a bit high to me, i would prescribe 200, 150 and 100 and 200, 125 and 75 closer to the show or when plateau is hit...

but like you said you paid someone follow their advice to a tee and if unsatisfied with results, hire me, i mean someone else...LOL..
    RaginCajun likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    'I don't count my pwo shake for macros' - did your coach tell you that?

^^^ yeah agree with that as well...i count everything including fiber...

Yes he told me not to count that. All it is, is 40g hydro protein powder.

Thanks for the opinion mike! I was doing 100, 200 400 200 100 100 100 for carbs for about 3 weeks before he switched me to this current cycle. We also added in dnp when he switched it to this so I don't know if that played into it as well? Again had me doing no fat on the 3 higher carb days. Than the 100 carb days could have 50g and a beef/turkey meal of 8oz that I didn't count into macros also.

Had first cheat meal Sunday also of the prep. Was very nice to restart the metabolism.

Hopefully we will do will being that it's my first show and first time working with him, I've very tall and pretty big overall so hopefully can stand out!

Do you have experience with DNP ? That is a very dangerous drug, i would guess the most dangerous drug in BBing...there is no feed back loop for the metabolic increase it causes and can cause overheating to the level of death...if you dont understand this drug, please educate yourself...

This is my first time with dnp and have done some research, but I do trust my coach. He's a close friend I've know most of my life. That said I still agree with you 100% it is dangerous if used incorrectly. I don't think we will be going above 200mg with it. He's a strong believer in more doesn't mean better or better results. The gear cycles I've ran have all been pretty small doses. My prep one is the biggest by far I've ran. But thank you for the concern! Shows that people really do know there stuff on here and simply care!

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    I just wanted to know why you are not counting the PWO shakes and the 8oz, meat meals? I am just a little perplexed why you wouldn't add those numbers for accuracy to your weekly numbers.

He doesn't count powdered protein into your macros. And for the beef meal tho that one Im not 100% sure for his reasoning on this.

R.I.P Gingerbeardj you will be missed. But on a serious note. Dnp ? I would slap the f@$? out of my coach if he recommended some s&%% like that to me.

https://youtu.be/AJjtO0ALwzY

Watch this video there ginger. I don't always agree to what Marc says I do agree on this.

I've seen Marc's video he's a smart man no doubt but if used correctly and not abused it lowers risks obviously. Most people are to impatient and end up messing themselves up cause they don't feel it so oh I'll take another one here or there. Coach asked if I wanted to try it said it was completely my choice and I said yeah why not. People also think insulin is one of the most dangerous things out there, again it sure could be if abused and used without knowledge. Plus a lot of people that make these claims have never personally used it or had any hands on experience with them.

Sorry to sound blunt but it sounds like you lack will power. Exactly what Marc says burning fat is something everyone can do. Absolutely no need for that stuff your taking. More cardio, adjust your diet. It's your body you do what you want but your being stupid and reckless using that stuff. Just trying to be helpful not rude. Ide seriously consider stop using that stuff and hop on a treadmill instead.

And there is a good reason why people haven't used it and make claims, they learn from the mistakes of others!! Use your noggin

Oh no I defiantly did think you were coming off rude, not one bit actually just a concerning member of the board! The will power is there, there's no question on that I use to be 360 lbs before I started my transformation to what I've became now. Reckless maybe but anything can be reckless gear, Tylenol, pre workout. I understand the risks and that's something I could justify doing. But I do thank you for your advise and concern it's appreciated.

Thread Information