Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By CharlesThe4th

Thread: Morning workout

bina is offline Female Member

Morning workout

Do all my workouts about 30min after I wake up in the morning. What do you recommend I do for food before my workout. I want to get the most out of my lifting.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    It Sounds like you may be sleeping at that time. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Joco71
    It Sounds like you may be sleeping at that time. LOL
    I want to be. I wake up at 5:15...lay in bed until 5:30...at the gym at 6. Bad timing I know but with my schedule it is the best time!!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bina View Post
    I want to be. I wake up at 5:15...lay in bed until 5:30...at the gym at 6. Bad timing I know but with my schedule it is the best time!!
    Can you wake up earlier? Are you cutting(fasted cardio)? If so bring some oats w/you & s banana for after your cardio... So you have more energy! Can you eat b4 working out

I used to not be able to eat in the am at all, now I can't go 4 hrs w/out waking up for food lol

I couldn't meet the desired intensity for my w/o's if I didn't eat b4 my training now...
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-20-2015 at 08:45 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    how hard is it for you to cook in the mornings?

for an easy, quick breakfast, how about some protein and oat shake?

or, banana and eggs?

oatmeal with protein powder in it?

eggs and an apple?

toast and eggs?
    NACH3 likes this.

Very hard for me to cook in the mornings too. I just prep my food the night before, wake up and throw it in the blender.
    RaginCajun likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThe4th View Post
    Very hard for me to cook in the mornings too. I just prep my food the night before, wake up and throw it in the blender.
    I'll wake up early to cook breakfast... Everything else is already prepped...

Man, IDK how youse do the Liq eggs in a blender LOL

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    If it was me I would be doing fasted cardio that early in the morning. If you had to eat you could keep it light ( Black coffee and 1/3 cup of oats).

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joco71 View Post
    If it was me I would be doing fasted cardio that early in the morning. If you had to eat you could keep it light ( Black coffee and 1/3 cup of oats).
    Agree if cutting and then bring some oats/fruit for after cardio for optimum weight training! Just my .02

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I train earlier than that, I will either have a scoop of protein with oats, or a pre workout with BCAAs, depends how I feel or what mode of training I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    how hard is it for you to cook in the mornings? for an easy, quick breakfast, how about some protein and oat shake? or, banana and eggs? oatmeal with protein powder in it? eggs and an apple? toast and eggs?
    Great ideas!!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Joco71
    I can do fasted cardio but I don't have another time to lift so I have to add that to my morning workout. I definitely don't have as much energy and my weekend late morning workouts.

My reasoning on trying to find eating ideas is because my husband told me if I eat within an hour of working out my body is working on digesting and I'm not getting the full benefit of my workout. Do any of you know if this is true. I'm thinking the protein shake with oats blended in it would digest quickly.

Thank you to everyone for their ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by zempey
    I train earlier than that, I will either have a scoop of protein with oats, or a pre workout with BCAAs, depends how I feel or what mode of training I'm in.
    I do a preworkout and then drink an energy amino blend during my workout. Helps me get some extra awakeness.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I like to eat an hour before I train but if you can only do 30 minutes I would do whey protein and oatmeal

CanadaStrong88 is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE="bina;7038289"]

I can do fasted cardio but I don't have another time to lift so I have to add that to my morning workout. I definitely don't have as much energy and my weekend late morning workouts.

My reasoning on trying to find eating ideas is because my husband told me if I eat within an hour of working out my body is working on digesting and I'm not getting the full benefit of my workout. Do any of you know if this is true. I'm thinking the protein shake with oats blended in it would digest

CanadaStrong88 is offline Junior Member
    Mis quote. Was gonna say that it's good to have something light as protein powder and a fruit for quick energy.

Thread Information